Your 1 Mineral Must Have

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My husband challenged me to go without any makeup for 1 month and I challenged him to go without his "must have" for 1 month. The winner chooses the location of our vacation before he starts back up to work.

So I was curious as to what the majority of makeup lovers on MUT would select as their daily 1 must have item.

kopfkratz.gif
What is the 1 makeup item that you would use if only allowed 1. Foundation, Eyebrow pencil, lip liner, mascara, what?

No make-up for a whole month? The only way I'd do that is if I was staying home all month, there's no way I could go to work bare faced! I'm going to cheat and say 2 things, I'd have foundation and mascara. I just couldn't pick 1 thing only.

I actually could do without it all (as I have been all along - I'm only about a month or so in to my makeup adventure!), but if I could have one thing to play with, it would be eye colors. And if I could only have 1 color, it would be a dark green.

So, wait, are you asking about Mineral makeup or any makeup?? The title says mineral, so I was kinda confused!

Anyway, I go out of the house with nothing but mascara on all the time. I can't go without it because my lashes are blonde and it makes me look really squinty and tired without it.

My daily must-have item:

My mineral makeup foundation-Fyrinnae Superpower Foundation (Topaz)

Only because it hides a multitude of imperfections on my face without ever making my face look artifcial or masky!

Foundation (Lauress or Pure Luxe)- I have rosacea-like redness across my cheeks and my pores are huge, so I definitely could not do without my foundation since it hides a multitude of sin!
wink.gif

I may have an advantage because my eyeliner and lipstick are tattooed on, so I don't have to worry about them. The one thing I probably couldn't do without would be my eyelash curler. My lashes are long and dark, but must be curled everyday. Wait a minute! An eyelash curler is technically a tool, not make up
whistling.gif
. If I could use only one thing it would be Dream World's Whipped Cream primer/finishing powder (or maybe their Peanut Butter topping) or else Silk Natural's Date Bate. I could get a fairly finished look with just one of them.

that would be sooo hard, I wouldn't fee comfortable at work without it.

Barring lip balm, which I would call medicinal rather than makeup...

I would choose either eyeliner or mascara
smile.gif

That's a tough one bc i never go anywhere without at least mascara, blush, concealer and some lip balm. I'd have to go with mascara.

Tough question though...in this case i will choose just having eyeliner (pencil or liquid) of various colours depend on each day's mood and outfit.

Emma

Originally Posted by speedy /img/forum/go_quote.gif No make-up for a whole month? The only way I'd do that is if I was staying home all month, there's no way I could go to work bare faced! I'm going to cheat and say 2 things, I'd have foundation and mascara. I just couldn't pick 1 thing only. That's exactly what I was planning to do but I was busted from the beginning. So the "game" is on and I have been makeup free except for foundation for 1 week now.I wish I could stay home but this includes even a few parties!
sleepyhead.gif

Originally Posted by Stellaria /img/forum/go_quote.gif I actually could do without it all (as I have been all along - I'm only about a month or so in to my makeup adventure!), but if I could have one thing to play with, it would be eye colors. And if I could only have 1 color, it would be a dark green. You're a natual beauty. Eyeshadow won't help me
sleepyhead.gif
Thank you for your input

Originally Posted by AprilRayne /img/forum/go_quote.gif So, wait, are you asking about Mineral makeup or any makeup?? The title says mineral, so I was kinda confused!
Anyway, I go out of the house with nothing but mascara on all the time. I can't go without it because my lashes are blonde and it makes me look really squinty and tired without it.

I was asking about mineral makeup because that is primarily what I wear and buy. But mascara is a staple for traditional and mineral makeup.I put on a few glue on lashes a week ago. Cheating but... I need foundation YKWIM?
laughing.gif

Originally Posted by Reservechic /img/forum/go_quote.gif My daily must-have item:
My mineral makeup foundation-Fyrinnae Superpower Foundation (Topaz)

Only because it hides a multitude of imperfections on my face without ever making my face look artifcial or masky!

That is a good coverage matte foundation. That's my choice too, foundation. (though I've got some falsie lashes on
smile.gif

Originally Posted by laurie_lu /img/forum/go_quote.gif Eyeliner. No question about it. I need eyeliner and feel sick looking without it. KWIM
laughing.gif

Originally Posted by TwinMommy311 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Foundation (Lauress or Pure Luxe)- I have rosacea-like redness across my cheeks and my pores are huge, so I definitely could not do without my foundation since it hides a multitude of sin!
wink.gif
Yep
laughing.gif

Originally Posted by aubriee /img/forum/go_quote.gif I may have an advantage because my eyeliner and lipstick are tattooed on, so I don't have to worry about them. The one thing I probably couldn't do without would be my eyelash curler. My lashes are long and dark, but must be curled everyday. Wait a minute! An eyelash curler is technically a tool, not make up
whistling.gif
. If I could use only one thing it would be Dream World's Whipped Cream primer/finishing powder (or maybe their Peanut Butter topping) or else Silk Natural's Date Bate. I could get a fairly finished look with just one of them. You rock girl with the tatooed liners. You inspire me to greatness!
laughing.gif

Originally Posted by pinksugar /img/forum/go_quote.gif that would be sooo hard, I wouldn't fee comfortable at work without it.
Barring lip balm, which I would call medicinal rather than makeup...

I would choose either eyeliner or mascara
smile.gif

laughing.gif
Definite major enhancements. Your're beautiful and your skin looks flawless.

Originally Posted by speerrituall1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif my carmex Carmex? I wish I was so together
idea.gif

Originally Posted by emmy2410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Tough question though...in this case i will choose just having eyeliner (pencil or liquid) of various colours depend on each day's mood and outfit.
Emma

Eyeliner was my top 3.
Mascara was 2.

lipliner was 4.

I worked around mascara with glue on lashes and found foundation non negotiable.

Thanks everybody for your replies

Me - no makeup. Well, foundation. The hair in the face helps. What do you think?
smile.gif

i would have to say concealer because my coloring is very uneven.

i would feel "naked" though.
frown.gif
my bare essentials used to be concealer, face powder (before my mmu days), chapstick, and sometimes blush. but eversince i've "discovered" makeup via forums like this and tutorials on youtube, i wear eyeshadow, eyeliner, mascara, blush, brow color, and lipstick/gloss almost everyday. my prep time has increased at least threefold. :eek: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by newyorlatin /img/forum/go_quote.gif My husband challenged me to go without any makeup for 1 month and I challenged him to go without his "must have" for 1 month. The winner chooses the location of our vacation before he starts back up to work.
So I was curious as to what the majority of makeup lovers on MUT would select as their daily 1 must have item.

kopfkratz.gif
What is the 1 makeup item that you would use if only allowed 1. Foundation, Eyebrow pencil, lip liner, mascara, what?

great question. as MMU addicted I cant choose in one item.. I'v never going out without concealer-foundation-powder-blush. I will never give up on them.. but if you are asking me.. .. I would say foundation.

Colored lip balm or lip gloss. I need some color in my face to look un-zombie like.

If I could use some selftanner, I would either choose concealer for my thin, under-eye skin, or mascara--I don't think I've been without it one day for the past 15 years. My problem is, my skin is so thin that I look washed out without make-up, so my boyfriend would never give me such a horrible challenge.
smile.gif

I would use a liquid or gel bronzer. With that I'd have foundation, lip color, eye shadow etc...

Back