Eye Shadow 88 Color Palette?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
P11169201.jpg

This 88 color eyeshadow palette is available on Overstock.com for $59.99.

Eye Shadow 88 Palette from Overstock.com

Do you all think it's worth it? I'm not sure what the brand name is...

Originally Posted by tuna_fish /img/forum/go_quote.gif NO! It's on Coastalscents.com for $19.99.
Unfortunately, its been sold out twice - everyone loves it!

I will never order anything from Coastal Scents! lol! Based on one MuTer's experience. Hers had mold on it. When she complained, they threatened to get their lawyers involved! WTH???

Originally Posted by StereoXGirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif I will never order anything from Coastal Scents! lol! Based on one MuTer's experience. Hers had mold on it. When she complained, they threatened to get their lawyers involved! WTH??? seriously? whoa....
well, everyone on youtube loves the palette....
biggrin.gif

I've seen a lot of FOTDs and reviews on those palettes and they seem really good quality, but I haven't tried them myself. If you decide to get it, let us know how you like it, Shaundra.
smile.gif

I've seen this palette but i've never actually heard much from it. i've been tempted but then it goes to my whole "ill never use the colors" waste

Originally Posted by Adrienne /img/forum/go_quote.gif I've seen this palette but i've never actually heard much from it. i've been tempted but then it goes to my whole "ill never use the colors" waste I'm the type of person who loves to have every color imaginable "just in case". lol!

Its a very pretty palette but if you have alot of mac e/s like i do that range from different colors, i dont think you would need it. But I was thinking about getting it for traveling, i think that would be good since everything is there.

I'm waiting for the coastal scents one to come back, its suppose too in a few weeks and its only $20 so its a steal.

What about the ingredients? Are they safe? I remember hearing/reading that there's alot of pigments being used that aren't safe or FDA approved. How do we check that on these palettes?

I got the one from Coastal Scents, actually it arrived just yesterday. No mold anywhere - it was in perfect condition. The colors are gorgeous - the shadows are highly pigmented so the color payoff is awesome. The staying power is great too; it is hot and humid where I am, and my makeup looks the same now, after work, as it did when I went in this morning. Most of the shadows are silky soft, almost like a Veluxe or Veluxe Pearl texture from MAC - some are a bit rougher but still a joy to use.

I can tell you that I'm going to be having a lot of fun with these!

I bought mines years ago from MOD cosmetics for the same price to find it years later that many different companies now sell it for way cheaper
plain.gif

IMO, it's well pigmented and I liked the different color choices if offered. This would definitely be in my starter makeup if I'm building a collection or don't want different shadows laying around.

Originally Posted by puncturedskirt /img/forum/go_quote.gif I want one!. I love all the colors. I want one too!!

I bought one off Ebay for thirty bucks and I absolutely love it! Great pigmentation, good textures and SO many color choices...I have no complaints about it. I definately recommend buying it.

My question is this, who's buying it for me for my birthday?
biggrin.gif

No seriously, I love that palette, and I really hope to get one at some point. Probably when I move back to NC and it's not 100* on a regular basis.

There are a lot of reviews on this palette on YouTube, but I don't want to order from CoastalScents anymore.
frown.gif

Latest posts

Back