Mama's boy, daddy's girl?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Are you a Mama's boy/girl or daddy's? Who did you bond with the most when growing up? Did you secretly know you were the favorite?

I know in my experience I'm a daddy's girl all they way. I have two older sister's and two younger brothers but i also know that i'm his fav. My dad will always put me first in a lot of things even though i don't even live at home and haven't for years. If trouble comes up, he's more than willing to help me. The good thing though is I'm not the spoiled daddy's girl.

I work for everything i've got and i know where my priorities are (my son and husband) and i do what has to get done when it needs to get done. I'm proud to say that i don't advantage of my dad's love like some daddy's girls do and i dont' run to him for everything. I swear i dread the day i lose my dad. I know i'll cry to death if my mom died bc she's such a big part of my life but if my dad died, i swear i'd go crazy.

I'm a daddy's girl. I've been closer with my dad my entire life almost. I'm the youngest and only girl in the family (I have two older brothers). ;D However, I'm the same as you... I work for most of what I have, but I do get spoiled every so often.
smile.gif

I'm more close to my mam, she's good to go shopping with. I suppose I get on with my dad too, but I was closer to him when I was little.

I was thinkin more of a Moma's girl... Lol. And I had more in common with my mom... More than she realized for sure.. Plus my dad left after they were divorced... I still loved them both but I guess being around my mom all that time had a greater effect on me..

And I was the oldest... And the favorite... Which pissed off my brother and sister.. I was also the hardest worker.. I got odd jobs around the neighborhood when I was 14... Paper routes.. Mowing lawns.. Gardening... Shoveling snow..

So my mom taught me a lot... Mainly how to think like a man, act like a lady... look like a girl and work like a dog!! Lol

depends. i'm most like my dad. up untill a few years ago we did NOT get along but when it comes down to it we were allies against my mom and brother. but in some cases i get along better with my mom. as far as being the favorite,financially hands down i've gottne more than my brother. and in the long run i will always get more. BUT. i've worked since i was 16. i never got anything less than an A except for geometry and algebra but we wont talk about that. My brother on the other hand has more freedom than i will ever have. i'm 24 and married and i still cant cross 91st street by my self. he goes out and doesnt come home for days and its ok. they call me 500x a day to see what i'm doing. Mom spoils my brother in alot of little ways-he doesnt work she pays his phone bill gives him gas money he doesnt HAVE to go to school buys his clothes just all the daily things. Dad helps me out in BIG financial ways. he pays my car insurance, when the car blows up he pays to have it fixed etc. When i was...17? i went out all weekend and didn't come home and when i did come home i was still drunk. i'm still grounded. but i got a new car when i graduated highschool. batboy doesnt come home for weeks doesn't go to school and its no big deal.

I'm a mama's girl, I've never really been that close to my dad cause we dont have all that much in common besides our careers.

None, i was always my own girl LOL

i dont think any of them showed any preference for me at all.

And i am glad i wasnt, i don't like being called daddy's or mama's girl, ack.

As a child, I was certianly a daddys girl. My mom stayed home with us, so the time I spent with my dad seemed more special as a kid. My parents and I butted heads ALOT when I was a teenager, so I was not really close to either of them during those days. Now, my mom and I are best friends. I don't know what I would do without her! I still love my daddy too of course, but I am much closer with my mom now.

I have 1 brother who is 6 years younger than me and he is definetely the favorite of the two of us. He has zero responsiblilty, still lives at home, pays no bills and comes and goes as he pleases. I get mad at him for taking advantage of my parents and for having no goals or plans at 21, but I realize it is my parents fault for allowing him to continue doing it.

I don't really talk to my parents much. Even growing up, my parents were workaholics and I hardly see them. My grandparents were really the ones who actually raised me so it's not easy to say who I bond with the most...haha, but I guess it would have to be my mom because she occasionally does take me shopping. Thats the only bonding time we have w/o getting into arguments :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I was definitely a mommas girl. My mom and I were tighter than virgins. We always did things together.

***R.I.P Mommy forever loved, never forgotten.***

neither. ive never been close to my mom. & my dad left us when i was 3 & i didnt see him but like 2 times after that until he died in 2005 [heartattack]. but i would still say i was a daddy's girl.

Originally Posted by XkrissyX /img/forum/go_quote.gif Mommy and Daddy 's girl

wooop!

Seriously. Pfft. Lucky. Suck your ass.

I'm a Mommy's girl for sure... she can tolerate me better than my dad.

Me and my dad are too much alike that it can end to butting heads if we're around often.

well while parents were together i was my dads moms lil angel... after the divorce..... father was gone so pretty much the relationship with grandparents too. so cuz my 3 sisters and i had only mom and her mom... well we just call ourselves the REAL GIRLS GIRL! lmao!

I am my Mother's favorite, hands down. I'm very much like her. I love to shop and of course i love makeup! My sister was my father's favorite, unfortunately he died when he was 58. I became closer to him at the end, but we held different political views during a very turbulent time while I was in college. When I worked for him as a young teenager, I would help with the deliveries and ride along with him. It gave us an oppurtunity to talk a lot. I really enjoyed that. My parents were strict with me and let my little sister run wild...at least that's the way I remember it.

Neither really. I was a grandma's girl. My mom's mom. She was my best friend. She died really young (64) from cancer. I miss her so much.

I love my parents, and get along great with both of them. I never favored one over the other though... if i need something, I always ask my mom first. My parents are very good to me. I'm lucky to have them.

I would say both my siblings were closer to my parents than i was so i would say neither.

Latest posts

Back