Mohawk on a lady?!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all!

I've been wanting a mohawk for some time now. A couple months ago, I had a pixie cut and it's in that awkward growing out stage. I had wanted to grow it out again, but I have decided against it for 2 basic reasons:

- It will look boring

- I simply don't have the patience to let it grow out.

I absolutely hate the stage it is in right now. I try my best to make it work for the time being, but I'm sick of it. I hold the philosophy that if you feel that your haircut brings you down, a simple cut with a pair of scissors can bring you right up again.

Tonight I plan on getting a mohawk. I'm not going to shave it. Atleast I don't think I am. If I were to shave it, it would be with the clippers that allow for about an inch to still remain. I would like to just cut the sides so they're pretty short. The middle section will remain the same length as it is, which is about 5 inches. It will get shorter as it gets to the back of my neck.

I'm hoping that after I cut it, I will be able to lay the mohawk part down so it just looks like a pixie cut. If I tire of it really quickly or need to cut it for some reason, I'll just chop off the longest piece so it is all pixie cut again.

I'm so excited I can't even express! I will be able to do so much with it and it perfectly fits my personal style.

I'll post pictures of it tonight or tomorrow, if I actually go through with it.

Does anyone have ideas of fun, unique ways to style it?

I have seen a few girls with them, some of them were too outrageous but I think a smaller one that is not so bold is cool.

I had a mohawk once...but it wasnt shaved..just gelled down the sides. I got a few compliments and a few stares.

Your idea sounds great. For days you don't feel like styling it, it can just kinda lay there.

Since there are only so many ways to do the mohawk, maybe you can play with color?

add a bunch of colors all at once. like purple, teal, & blue. very pretty.

mohawks can look pretty on girls
smile.gif
play with color if you can, it sounds a great idea.

girls are hot in mohawks - Naima from ANTM being the definitive "girl with a mohawk" for me.
biggrin.gif

NaimaCloseupHQ3.jpg

but there are tons of ways to do one.

bnmbm3.jpg

feedback_imagelasso.jpg

Photo145.jpg

100_1004.jpg

Those are great photos! Mohawks can be very pretty on girls.

I agree you should play up the color too!

Well, I've just spotted this great post in the ultimate hairstyle thread. The files have some super mohawk hairstyles. I was too lazy to place the pics directly hehehe. As many have suggested, coloring has great impact.

The best ones are found under the "shorter than shoulder" list. Worth visiting.

Originally Posted by Rockette13 /img/forum/go_quote.gif **Blonde and Brown = hairfiles - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
**Pink and Purple = hairfiles2 - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

**Black = hairfiles3 - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

**Black and Blonde = hairfiles4 - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

**Brown, Burgundy, and Natural Red = hairfiles5 - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

**Blonde = hairfiles6 - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

**Brown/Black, Brown/Black/Blonde = hairfiles7 - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

**Turquoise, Green, Yellow, Red, Rainbow = hairfiles8 - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

**Guy's Hair = dudehairfiles - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

**Curly Hair = curlyhairfiles - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

**Lots of Hairstyles = http://entertain---me.livejournal.com/

**Several More Albums = mad_rad_hair - Community Info

My son has a mowahk... and curly hair... He looks like a renegade sheep... but a cool looking one!

i've been playing with the idea of a mohawk a lot lately. thinking maybe along the Chelsea hawk line. my boyfriend keeps telling me it'll be hot.

i love love LOVE the idea! you should def go for it.

Snickerbug you're going to have to break the news to everyone. I think they were pulling for you to do it.

If you're under 30 and don't deal with the public at work maybe. The olnly one I've seen on a older person was a teacher who challenged her students to raise their test scores.

Back