Is a Limited Buying Plan OK Here?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi, my name is Jennifer and I am a makeup addict.
wink.gif

About a year ago, I took a job that makes me so much happier than my previous one - but I made a big sacrifice when I did it, as the pay is $13,000 less per year. For a while I still bought a lot of makeup, but running up my credit cards stressed me out, and now the price of gas is straining my budget even more. So... I am now making a limited buy makeup budget.

The deal is that I can spend no more than $100 on makeup each month, but I must attempt to spend less than that and save the remaining money.

Now, I have to really plan any hauls that I may decide on. Absolutely NO sudden impulse buys. That is what I need support on - I often find myself wanting to swing by the MAC counter at lunchtime or landing on one of my fave brand websites and seeing something I so want... but I am trying to resist and only buy things I will use (or nothing at all).

you can do it! and just think if you spend less one month you can save what you didnt spend and if need be you can use it to spend more on a new mac collection you love...

Its good that you set yourself up on a budget. that way you don't buy stuff you really don't need or won't ever use because you'll actually have to think about what you're getting. I've done the same thing. I limit myself to 100.00 a month as well and it turns out pretty good.

A limited buy is great! It think it's better to indulge your yourself a little than to cut yourself off entirely. Good luck!

You can do it. I agree that low buys are much easier to stick to than no buys, cause at least you can still get things you really want.

Latest posts

Back