MMU causing breakouts?????

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Has anyone noticed an increase in acne while using mineral make-up. Don't get me wrong I love my lumiere but my skin this last year has been at its worst!!!!

MMU has actually helped my skin and I've had less breakouts not more. If you haven't changed anything else about your routine I'd recommend a different MMU. There may be something in the Lumiere that your face doesn't like. Which lumiere is it btw?

The veena velvet formula apparently gives some people breakouts so if you're using that and want to stay with Lumiere you might want to try the other formulas and/or a different brand.

maybe you need to switch formulas or brands. my skin got a little worse but i was using the wrong formula as well. i've since then switched and now my skin is literally looking better

I using in several brands. everyday I switch to another brand. and that way my skin dont used to any formula.. this way I dont break out at all..

It took me 2 months to heal my rash that I got from EDM. I've just ordered samples from 3 other companies. I hope one of those works better.

I've tried quite a few brands (alima, edm, joppa). None has given me breakouts, on the contrary my skin is less oily and looks more even. Maybe it's just Lumiere. You should try other brands (compare the ingredients with Lumiere first of course). Hope this helps.

I have acne, tiny flat skin tags, bumps and lumps and milia which are sometimes aggravated by some mmu. I am still sampling, still testing... What I do tho, is put a good layer of Desitin on my acne and bumps (maybe acne deep under the skin?) before going to bed and by the next morning, it's all smooth again, ready for more mmu testing! If I'm lucky, the mmu that I am testing that day makes my skin look flawless and I have no bumps by the evening.

For skin tag- like bumps, I dabbed ACV on and they started shrinking after a few days, some even fell off! So I am really quite pleased cos these things have been on my face for the last 6 years. Just two weeks ago, I was lamenting how unfair it was that I ended up with such awful (add to the list of flaws freckles and old acne scars) skin. But today, I am feeling quite good about my skin.

Personally for me, I don't get actual acne. Instead I get bumps that can either be red or skin color. These are bumps that appear when my skin has a reaction to the ingredients. Usually it is a result of foundation that has too high a concentration of zinc oxide and/or titanium dioxide.

Originally Posted by Jooksta /img/forum/go_quote.gif I have acne, tiny flat skin tags, bumps and lumps and milia which are sometimes aggravated by some mmu. I am still sampling, still testing... What I do tho, is put a good layer of Desitin on my acne and bumps (maybe acne deep under the skin?) before going to bed and by the next morning, it's all smooth again, ready for more mmu testing! If I'm lucky, the mmu that I am testing that day makes my skin look flawless and I have no bumps by the evening.
For skin tag- like bumps, I dabbed ACV on and they started shrinking after a few days, some even fell off! So I am really quite pleased cos these things have been on my face for the last 6 years. Just two weeks ago, I was lamenting how unfair it was that I ended up with such awful (add to the list of flaws freckles and old acne scars) skin. But today, I am feeling quite good about my skin.

What is ACV? IS it a drug? what's the component?

It's apple cider vinegar. It has sooooo many uses! I do think that normal white distilled vinegar would work too, but if you have sensitive skin, try using it diluted 50-50 or more with water. There is another thread under skin care on all the uses for ACV. HTH!

Mineral makeup actually stopped me from having breakouts. I do notice that if I use a foundation with Magnesium Stearate in it I will have a few eruptions within a day or so.

I have used a number of mineral makeup lines thus far and the ones that I can say that work the best for me are the ones that have kaolin in it. I think that the ones that kaolin are better for acne-prone skin (like what I have) is because kaolin helps to purify the skin and absorb excess oil or sebum from the pores. So, therefore I now have less congested pores and my skin has become more balanced and my acne breakouts have become better controlled. Now, I'm not saying that even though you may use a product with kaolin in it and get your acne breakouts under control, that you might still not break out in the future. But, I personally know that it does help with clogged pores and facial oiliness. And, these are two factors that do help to contribute to acne breakouts.

heavier coverage causes breakouts more~

so i go for the lighter coverage one like Meow, which in time, clears up your skin too~ so you didnt need the coverage

pure anada is actually good for skin too!

Back