My Cory's luscius kabuki brush

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Lately I am feeling slight pain when using my kabuki brush. It's like the brush is poking onto my skin. Its more usually on my forehead so now i try to sweep the brush when applying foundation. Hmmm not sure why?? I do wash the brush like once a week. Anyone experience this or any advice? Is it because my skin is tight...anyone can help pls?

TIA

EmmA

Is the brush made of natural hair or synthetic?

If it's natural, after washing it you can apply some deep conditioner into hair and let it soak in overnight to penetrate. Just like you do for your own hair.

I too have heard of applying conditioner to natural hair brushes.

It's strange though that that the brush is causing you pain. Really not sure what would cause that.

Originally Posted by laurie_lu /img/forum/go_quote.gif Is the brush made of natural hair or synthetic?
If it's natural, after washing it you can apply some deep conditioner into hair and let it soak in overnight to penetrate. Just like you do for your own hair.

Hi laurie,
the brush is made of goat's and squirrel's hair. I am not sure what you mean by natural and synthetic though.

Thanks

emma

Originally Posted by andrrea /img/forum/go_quote.gif I too have heard of applying conditioner to natural hair brushes.
It's strange though that that the brush is causing you pain. Really not sure what would cause that.

Hi andrrea,
im not sure either...maybe i shld try conditioning it as laurie has mentioned. The brush seems harsh to my face...if i use the sweeping method it does not feel that bad though.

Thanks for your advices though.

emma

The only natural brush (for minerals) I have is the MAC 182. It's awesome. Everything else is synthetic. They do stay softer.

Oh I just remembered... I almost bought a BE handy kabuki brush once from Sephora. I was brushing the tester along my arm and it did feel harsh. The girl helping me did mention it was probably from overuse, and that brush in the package wouldn't be that way.

Natural hair is real hair like from animal (sable, goat, squirrel). Synthetic is man made and not natural(Taklon).

Originally Posted by emmy2410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Hi everyone,
Lately I am feeling slight pain when using my kabuki brush. It's like the brush is poking onto my skin. Its more usually on my forehead so now i try to sweep the brush when applying foundation. Hmmm not sure why?? I do wash the brush like once a week. Anyone experience this or any advice? Is it because my skin is tight...anyone can help pls?

TIA

EmmA

shot.gif
Hi Emma,

Once again we mesh. Just the other day I was having pain galore when buffing. It was a BE brush that I had just washed. I switched to another brush and don't you know that one hurt too - animal hair just washed. So I guess I'll have to go back to the synthetics because they are softer but I like the coverage with the natural hairs better and they seem to use less minerals.

Personally I think synthetic hair brushes are the softest. It's probably the hair from the brush that's irritating your skin.

If all else fails, try using one of those flocked sponges MMU sites sell. I haven't tried personally but I have heard that they don't irritate the skin like kabuki brushes can and that they give excellent coverage. Also, they are cheap!

Originally Posted by soapsoap4 /img/forum/go_quote.gif If all else fails, try using one of those flocked sponges MMU sites sell. I haven't tried personally but I have heard that they don't irritate the skin like kabuki brushes can and that they give excellent coverage. Also, they are cheap! I agree with soapsoap's suggestion about the flock sponges. You can also get them in local drug stores. They're usually sold in packs of 5 (more or less) for under $4-$5. they're pink on one side - this is the flock side, and white on the other side, this is good for liquid foundation application.

Originally Posted by newyorlatin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
shot.gif
Hi Emma, Once again we mesh. Just the other day I was having pain galore when buffing. It was a BE brush that I had just washed. I switched to another brush and don't you know that one hurt too - animal hair just washed. So I guess I'll have to go back to the synthetics because they are softer but I like the coverage with the natural hairs better and they seem to use less minerals.

Hi yorlatin...yep we meet again. now that u mentioned abt buffing..i realise that i feel that pain when buffing esp at my forehead where i got small acnes..i nvr had that prb with acne until i was trying out MM...my first one was PURE LUxe..the breaksouts or acne have not subsided So thats where my pain comes..buffing with kabuki on my acne areas...huh!! I just washed my kabuki and conditioned it...see how is it tomorrow.thanks for ur reply though.

Emma

Originally Posted by jenfer /img/forum/go_quote.gif Personally I think synthetic hair brushes are the softest. It's probably the hair from the brush that's irritating your skin. Hi jenfer,
thanks for that..i orderd one powder brush from joppa( forgot whether its synthetic or animal brush).waiting for it to come and see how it goes.

i dun know but i feel that the hair cld be the reason...not sure though.

Emma

Originally Posted by soapsoap4 /img/forum/go_quote.gif If all else fails, try using one of those flocked sponges MMU sites sell. I haven't tried personally but I have heard that they don't irritate the skin like kabuki brushes can and that they give excellent coverage. Also, they are cheap! hi soap,
yea i have seen those flocked sponges but am afraid that I wont know how to use it with my MM. Let me see if I am doing any order will try and get that...no harm trying though.

thank you.

Emma

Originally Posted by HollyC /img/forum/go_quote.gif I agree with soapsoap's suggestion about the flock sponges. You can also get them in local drug stores. They're usually sold in packs of 5 (more or less) for under $4-$5. they're pink on one side - this is the flock side, and white on the other side, this is good for liquid foundation application. Hi holly,
i am not sure if it is sold in singapore..will check it out though. thanks for your reply too.

emma

Hi all, my kabuki brush went for some washing and conditioning. This morning I tried it and it felt okay..somewhat softer. After washing it with shampoo, I used the conditioner to soak it for a while before laying it down to dry.

Thanks for the tips guys...hope it stays that way and not hurt my face no more.

Emma

I have my Powder brush and Powder Buffer from Joppa and they are awesome. Very soft, I think you will like it.

Originally Posted by jenfer /img/forum/go_quote.gif I have my Powder brush and Powder Buffer from Joppa and they are awesome. Very soft, I think you will like it. Hi jenfer,ive ordered a powder brush from fyrinnae or Joppa cant rem which one..hahah let me try that first.

Thanks for your reply though.

Emma

I use one from edm, a flat top kabuki brush and it works wonders for me. i love it

Target sells a Sonia Kashuk synthetic flat top blush brush that is just as soft as the EDM synthetics. The Target brush applies foundation beautifully.

Originally Posted by jenfer /img/forum/go_quote.gif I have my Powder brush and Powder Buffer from Joppa and they are awesome. Very soft, I think you will like it. Hey jenfer..

i got my powder brush from Joppa last night. I have not used it yet cause my face is now suffering from breakouts from cashmere foundation by lumiere, the silk in it caused my face to suffer huh! Just wanna give my face one to two day for it to heal..before i try my samples.

Thanks for recommending

Emma

Back