What's all the Natural Disasters lately?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
A quake hit Japan this morning, Greece on Monday, Iceland on May 30ths + the mother of them all, the Quake in China and its (what seems like) gazillion aftershocks! Then Cyclone Nargis hit Myanmar last month, not to mention all the news reports about Tornadoes lately. Here in Toronto we've had thunderstorms that felt like the damn sky was falling! (not a disaster but still :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />)

Is it like this every year and I just haven't been paying attention? Call me crazy but I'm starting to get a little nervous here, what with hurricane season coming soon!
pom.gif

Weird and scary eh? I been dreaming about those like 2 months ago or less I posted it here.. weird

Originally Posted by katana /img/forum/go_quote.gif Its the coming of a new age! Or armaggadon! LOL Seriously. thats how it feels like to me. Its so crazy whats going on!

Yea, it's just too un-real. The old people keep saying it's the end of the world and sometimes I wonder if they aren't right :|

Originally Posted by |<33 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Yea, it's just too un-real. The old people keep saying it's the end of the world and sometimes I wonder if they aren't right :| arghh stop scaring me!
bawling.gif

Yea, there are alot of earthquakes every day, BC gets a lot of them . . . but they aren't all disasters.

Hold on, lemme get my outfit on.....

* dons Chicken Little costume and waves sign chanting*

The Sky Is Falling!

Originally Posted by LilRayofSun /img/forum/go_quote.gif Hold on, lemme get my outfit on.....
* dons Chicken Little costume and waves sign chanting*

The Sky Is Falling!

LMAO!
laughing.gif

Meh, it comes in waves. No one pays any attention when it's quiet on the natural disaster front.

Besides, everyone knows the world isn't going to end until 2012.

I think we have always had natural disasters. It's just that the world's population is growing, so now more people are affected by them.

Glaciers are formed, then they melt. Plates shift, then earthquakes occur.

Just part of the cycle of life.

It's not the end of the world, it has happened before, its the end of a cycle, it happens every 12,000 years, this 12,000 years cycle ends in 2012, which is what the mayan, egyptian and so many calendars talk about, that people don't pay attention or don't care that is a totally different thing, if you don't pay attention then the earth/nature will make you pay attention, people call it disasters, but if they knew how to protect themselves from all these changes then they wouldn't be disasters, there are so many signs out there, it isnt just tornadoes, but if someone points them out and says what they are about then people call them crazy.

Originally Posted by Karren_Hutton /img/forum/go_quote.gif There are hundreds of earthquakes every day, Kee.... Check out EarthQuake central... It's really cool... Latest Earthquakes - Last 7 Days Wow that is cool!! Never would have thought..

Back