The Perfect Skinny Jean? (your favourite brand)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I want skinny jeans!

the perfect skinny leg. Here are my requirements. I haven't found any yet but maybe you guys could help?

• When I sit down, I want them to be high waisted enough to not show any ass crack
  • no camel toe
  • can be a little bit wrinkly but not too much
  • not super 80s that will make my hips look massive!!
see this?
NO!

img-thing

eek!

so? any ideas?

I love my bannna republic skinny jeans.... Im curvy and they dont make my hips look too massive...

I don't know what brands you get in Oz!

I think I remember you saying you have Target, so maybe something like this?

41E0dIkqaCL._AA262_.jpg

Target's website has a few skinny jeans similar to that, so they'll probably have something of that sort in their stores.

I would try target as well. Unfornately i can't wear skinny jeans. they look ridiculous on me.

lol. Thanks ladies.

Are there any tips in looking for a good jean? I'm really bad at buying denim so I need some things to look out for
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by pinksugar /img/forum/go_quote.gif lol. Thanks ladies.
Are there any tips in looking for a good jean? I'm really bad at buying denim so I need some things to look out for
biggrin.gif

The biggest thing is trying them on! Jeans that fit just right are REALLY hard to find! It's important to try on as many as possible to get a feel for what looks best on you.

Also, it's more important to look for fit than the actual size that the jeans are labeled. Sizing between brands can vary greatly. Since other people don't see the tag with the size while you're wearing the jeans, it's much more important to find the size that looks good on you rather than worrying about fitting a specific number.

But you seem like an expert shopper already, Rosie! So I'm sure you probably already know this.
smile.gif

I've bought skinny jeans from Target (not too tight, very comfortable in the waist, crotch area, and not too low-cut at all), PacSun (shorter, not-tight jeans with a mid-low-rise cut...i.e. I never have to worry about my undies hanging out) and Wet Seal (these are my fashion jeans...it could be the sizing on them but they are very tight, long, and low-cut. I always wear a long shirt or tunic top with them because everytime I sit down half my butt is hanging out. But whenever I wear them I pair them with some big ole heels and I look like a supermodel.
smile.gif
) Hope this helps some.

My favourite pair of skinny jeans (and skinny jeans are the majority of the jeans I own) are from River Island (I don't know whether they have River Island in Australia though).

I think the key to getting the right skinny jeans is definatley trying them on so they fit perfectly. Also make sure they're slightly longer than the perfect length and take into consideration whether you'll be wearing heels with them.

I think that skinny jeans with darker coloured denim are easier to get right than lighter denim too.

Originally Posted by magneticheart /img/forum/go_quote.gif I think that skinny jeans with darker coloured denim are easier to get right than lighter denim too. I totally agree! Darker denim can be SO much more forgiving!

agreed, super light denim jeans are just too too much. They would make my as long HUGE!

I could never get away with skinny legged jeans, I'm not built for them, too curvy and short, I would look ridiculous!

Rosie, ezibuy have some cute skinny legged jeans at the moment.

I bought my Skinny jeans from Jeans West about a month ago. I have problems with length as I'm 6ft tall and they only just long enough, I'd prefer them an inch longer would be ideal. They are not too tight under the knee but are very fitted above the knee and are quite low cut so I guess that wont help you Rosie. Sorry.

Bec's suggestion of Ezibuy is a good one, they currently have a 30% off sale at the moment till the end of the month and they have a good return policy.

I would try ezibuy but I want them for this saturday!

the outfit I visualised:

sexy, bouncy kate beckinsale style curls

a sheer blouse type thing in a peach or maybe a cream - with a singlet underneath

skinny jeans

super high heels

and a chunky, tiffany bracelet!

except for the super high heels, I don't have any of these items yet, LOL

Jean West have some great jeans at the moment, and they're really cheap. Also, depending on your budget, Live have a great range of different brands, so you'd be sure to find something appropriate there too.

Oh, maybe you don't have Live over there. Just checked the website, and they are only in WA and SA.

Have you tried Myer? They have a good range of jeans. IMO the jeans with spandex are better, they're more comfortable.

I got a really nice pair of skinny jeans by Roxy, they're super comfortable.

thanks speedy. I will check it out. I hate buying pants more than any other item, LOL. I just suck at it so badly
plain.gif

I went past esprit today and they had some nice skinny jeans too. Plus, they have a sale on at the moment.

Latest posts

Back