Primer Question

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if the same primers that you use on your face work well on your eyes?

Thanks
glasses.gif

As far as I'm concerned, they do. I use the Alima primer or Fyrinnae rice powder and they make the eyeshadows last even longer (mineral shadows last a long time on me anyway). But if you're looking for more intensity, then no, you need a separate product specially designed (like Urban Decay Primer Potion but this contains chemical products so I personally don't use it). They make the colors look more vibrant. I have heard good things about the all-natural Cory shadow primer. That might be worth a try.

Yorlatin : I have bought the cory shadow primer. As mentioned by soapsoap the colours are vibrant after applying the primer as I have done an eyeshadow test. I am not sure if the eyeshadow has staying power cos I hve not tried that yet.

Emma

Hi laurie,

Ive ordered that rice primer from Fyrinnae...its on the way..hope its good for me.

Emma

I think you'll like it. My skin is extremely sensitive. I've broken out from other brands of powder primers and finishers. The Fyrinnae is the only one that hasn't made my skin burn or sting or breakout in red bumps.

But first make sure you've found your perfect foundation so that you know where possible future breakouts are coming from.

Originally Posted by newyorlatin /img/forum/go_quote.gif Can anyone tell me if the same primers that you use on your face work well on your eyes?
Thanks
glasses.gif

hi there and how you are doing??
smile.gif

I using in Pureluxe powder primer and Im satisfied..

I order from Fryinnae and Im waiting for the samples..

CS has a good eye shadow primer - it's called Eye Epoxy. You have to let it dry though, and being a klutz, I sometimes have problems spreading my shadow evenly using it. I have really good luck with their magnesium myristate - you can buy a sample for $1. I apply it VERY LIGHTLY with a fluff brush, then my shadow. Since you use so little, the teaspoon sample will last a long time.

Coastal Scents: Magnesium Myristate

Originally Posted by laurie_lu /img/forum/go_quote.gif I think you'll like it. My skin is extremely sensitive. I've broken out from other brands of powder primers and finishers. The Fyrinnae is the only one that hasn't made my skin burn or sting or breakout in red bumps.
But first make sure you've found your perfect foundation so that you know where possible future breakouts are coming from.

Hi laurie,,I got my stuff from fyrinnae...got so many foundies and the rice primer 2..i really dun know where to start ahahahah...im so excited like a child. Now its almost midnite dun think i wanna hurt my face..wana let it resst from all the breakouts. huh!!!

Emma

Emma, please let your face heal first. If you start applying new products on already irritated skin, you'll have no way of knowing if the new products are causing you problems. I had to learn this myself the hard way.

I am a big fan of Fyrinnae's Primer powder as well. As, it doesn't break me out either. I actually do use it along with foundation or sometimes by itself. And, I have used it as an eyeshadow base before even though I am a big fan of TooFaced's Eyeshadow Insurance and UDPP.

Now, to use Fyrinnae's Rice Powder Primer as an eyeshadow & face primer, here's I recommend you do so:

1. Buff a small amount of the Rice Powder Primer all over your face including your eyes.

2. Next, you buff your mineral foundation of choice all over your face, until you get the desired coverage that you need.

3. Take a cosmetic wedge and then dab it into the Rice Powder Primer jar. Once you have got a decent amount of Rice Powder Primer on the cosmetic wedge, then just press pat it all over each eyelid area. And, after doing so, then you can immediately begin to apply your eye makeup.

Originally Posted by laurie_lu /img/forum/go_quote.gif Emma, please let your face heal first. If you start applying new products on already irritated skin, you'll have no way of knowing if the new products are causing you problems. I had to learn this myself the hard way. hi laurie,..
yap thats wat i did today no MM just moisturiser on my face. As u said it I dun want to irritate my skin. Thank god I am off not working. I think im getting into the hard way of learning the steps of using MM.

Aniwae if I dun learn than i wont benefit from MM just like the rest of you gals.

thanks dear.

Emma

Mad Minerals has a great eyeshadow primer at a very good price. They sell the very same primer, gel eyeliner and cream eyeshadows that are sold for much more on another mineral makeup site. although these products are not mineral makeup, they do work extremely well with mineral eyeshadow, making them last all day and more.

Thank you everyone. I didn't see Fyrr's rice primer and will be over there lickety split to check it out. I have Mad's = got it from Milan. It works and is good and I've got to find it and use it again.

I used to use UDecay Eye Primer but it began to dry my eyelids so I just started using either the Monistat primer on them or whatever mineral primer I was using at the time on my face.

In my opinion works just as good to adhere the eyeshadows.

Fyrinnae's is very good. I haven't used it on my eyelids as of yet but I did read on another board where White eyepencil serves as an excellent primer and allows the eyeshadows to not only adhere better than many primers but also show better.

Originally Posted by reesesilverstar /img/forum/go_quote.gif Hmmm, there's mineral makeup primers too?
I had no idea, thanks for posting
smile.gif

Me neither! I'm still sticking to my monistat anit chafing gel. it works miracles for me.

Mineral primers are just powders that help absorb oil and prevent oil breakthrough during the day. They also help your foundation adhere better to your skin.

They mainly consist oil absorbing ingredients such as cornstarch, rice powder, oatmeal powder, silk powder, pearl powder, or kaolin clay.

Originally Posted by Adrienne /img/forum/go_quote.gif Me neither! I'm still sticking to my monistat anit chafing gel. it works miracles for me. Do you put it on yr eyes? And your shadow's don't crease?

Back