Guidance needed for colorful eyeliners at 39

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am a 39 yrs old hispanic. I love color/fun eyeliners. I have light brown eyes. Would someone please let me know how to use color eyeliners in a way that does not look tacky? What is in? Do I match my eyeliner with the color of clothing I am wearing? Please help me. Thanks!

hi tutula and welcome to mut! i don't see a problem at all with matching your eyeliner to your outfits. i used to do this all the time! now i like to keep to navy, brown and black for myself, but makeup is supposed to be fun! there's nothing wrong with trying something new. you can always mute the tones abit if they seem too bright.

I would try a jewel tone eyeliner like a teal or purple. They'd make your eyes pop

I agree with Adrienne. Jewel tones like purple, forest green, navy, copper, are fun ways to put some color into otherwise boring plain black or brown eye liner. And I do think that would be age appropriate, where as neon colors probably wouldn't be.

purple is on the opposite side of the color wheel to the lightly colored brown eyes. i was given a purple eyeliner called purple amethyst from almay and the staying power is awesome. my skin tone is too light for wearing it, but it'd be perfect for you

Originally Posted by SarahAfshar /img/forum/go_quote.gif I think any color would look great with your eye color, as long as you collaborate the color with a primary shade (whether black, charcoal grey, brown, etc.) or a metallic shade (whether gold, silver, etc.). If you want to add color shadows with a color liner, you can, but balance them with a primary shade or metallic shade. Another good point, like if you are really dying to try an electric blue or neon purple or whatever the color may be, you can give it a try along your upper lashline, and just balance it out with a primary or metallic color. Very good idea!

Back