I need help!!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi ladies! I am totally new to this website BUT I love it. I would like to join this no-buy group... how does it work? I shop toooo much for stuff (specially cosmetics in general) that I do not need or already have...For instance I have a few mascaras and use/open them all at once...

I have the same problem
frown.gif
. I have a bad habit of buying atleast either a new mascara, lipstick, or lipgloss when I'm at ULTA, walmart, target, or where ever there happens to be make up. Like you, I have a crap load of mascara all opened. I use a different one everyday.

I'm on a no buy right now too, only because we're saving up for the iphone 3g that's coming out July 11th. So far, so good. It is really hard though, especially when Victor asks "is there anything you want to look at? Any make up or anything" and I hold back and say "no, I think I'm good for now"

I really want that iphone. I guess if you really set yourself to a no buy, you can pull it off. GOOD LUCK TO YOU!!
sunshine.gif

The No-buy is a forum in which we can help support and encourage you. I know it's hard but you can do it. One thing i like to do is the like a rule in dieting, if you want it wait a little bit and if you feel like you just can't live without it later, than buy it.

Try to sort out what you already have in similar colors or products. No one needs 10 different brands in the same shade if they all look the same. Just imagine how many products go bad before you use them up. That helps me alot because it hurts having to throw away makeup.

Thank you so much for your support. Today I started sorting out what I have in a way that I can see it so I do not forget. This is my first step. I would love to move to commiting myself to only get something when the one I own runs out... that will be my second step but for now I am organizing what I already have.

I am on a modified no-buy. I only buy things that I LOVE. If I just "like" it, I'm not buying it. I have to LOVE it.

Might work?

Good luck!

Warmly,

Brandi

Good Luck!

I have my makeup organized and I think it does help keep you from buying too many of one item or color.

man, im on a no buy too...i've just realized i spent $150 cosmetics this month. *shakes her head in shame*. but Im happy to note that all the items i bought, i absolutely love and plan to use on a daily basis....so, not a total waste of money

Originally Posted by ticklishlpgrl /img/forum/go_quote.gif man, im on a no buy too...i've just realized i spent $150 cosmetics this month. *shakes her head in shame*. but Im happy to note that all the items i bought, i absolutely love and plan to use on a daily basis....so, not a total waste of money I had a similar experience last month, only it wasn't makeup I spent $150 on...it was eating breakfast before work at my local cafe!Not to mention all the little things...9 bucks here, 6 there...it really added up!

I did a total financial makeover at the end of June after reading a super kick ass book on the subject written especially for women and finances. July didn't turn out as good as I had hoped, but it was better.

I've GOT to stop buying cleansers and toners and spot treatments, oh my!

Latest posts

Back