Do you have friends IRL and other friend-related questions

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Do you have friends IRL? If not, what's the reason?

Do you feel that your online friends are "real friends" or do you consider them "just cyberfriends"?

Are you closer to your online friends than your real life friends (if you have them)?

Warmly,

Brandi

I dont have friends IRL, but that is because the ones i used to have were hypocritic and backstabbing, superficial and dumb.

I'd rather have no friends at all than having friends like that IRL.

I have some online, that IMO are way better than the ones i had in real life, its such a shame i havent had a chance to meet them, cause i'd love to
biggrin.gif

I have both and my online friends can be better friends than the ones I have in real life sometimes. I consider internet friends to be real friends regardless. They're still people who I trust, like talking to etc like in real life friends so I wouldn't consider them not as good friends just because we haven't met yet.

Yes, I have friends in real life. Some lifelong, and some new ones. New ones are mostly Moms Club. ( I am President of MOMS Club of Reno, a Mommy support group. We do Playgroups, Moms night out and other activities)

Unfortunately, my lifelong friends live an 8 hour drive away from me!

No I don't feel my online friends are real friends....yet.

I hope to get closer to some of you "online friends"
smile.gif

I have a few close friends in real life... but a lot as a whole...the crew. But as we get older, I'm starting to see the flaws in my friends like you would with your SO after the honeymoon phase. And I'm growing to accept them because they are like my 2nd family, its hard. I get what Nury means by rather being alone then with people like that...

I do have online friends... I do consider them friends, just ones I haven't seen in person. Its nice knowing you're friends with someone you probably wouldn't be in real life... and sharing a lot of common ground besides age.

I normally would hardly ever speak to someone younger than me, waaaaay too immature and whine a hell a lot more. And older folks just have different thoughts and state of mind then I do. But I'm friends with both sides here on MUT.

I dont have any real friends per say in real life, because I dont have patience for the amateur kindergarten ****ery drama that comes along with them. I wont allow anymore women with anymore drama in my house. Call it what you will, but I talk to a few ladies, quick hi and bye.

My friends online are so much different. I have like 6 or 7, and they are really good to me and I feel better talking to them more than anyone. So I prefer my online friends to my IRL friends. My online friends dont ask for money, food, they dont show up to my house unannounced....love it!! <3

I don't really have any friends online or in real life. I like to think that it's because girls are jealous of me. I'm really very open. But nobody seems to want to get to know me.

no.

no one outside of my family.

even within my family im not close to anyone but 2 people.

friends are overrated.

Do you feel that your online friends are "real friends" or do you consider them "just cyberfriends"?

ughhh...haha, neither. because yet again, friends are way overrated. im not a hermit. i just dont see the point in it. i am very social actually. i just dont cling to the people i am social with.

Are you closer to your online friends than your real life friends (if you have them)?

^^

Aprill, you are TOOO funny! LOL

I don't have many friends IRL-- actually, I don't really have any. I have friends that I go to church with that would and, literally, have done anything for me but, I don't really chit-chat with them on a regular basis, nor do I ever go anywhere with them. We talk at services, potlucks, picnics, etc. but I would never call them up and talk to them about the goings-on in my life. I have no one like that, other than my mom and, second to my hubby, she's my best friend in the entire universe.

I can't stand the drama, either, that seems *INEVITABLE* with other women. I don't like to "do lunch". I don't like to go to the salon and get "our nails done". I don't like to chit-chat. I don't like to "do", just for the sake of doing and I refuse to do any of the above things. I like people who are real and, I gotta be honest, I find men a whole lot more real than women. I don't like shallow things-- I'm into substance, no-nonsense stuff. I like to learn and I don't like to sit idle.

I have online friends or I had several previously but, just y'all here now. Is that pathetic?

Hugs,

Brandi

Originally Posted by nosepickle /img/forum/go_quote.gif I don't really have any friends online or in real life. I like to think that it's because girls are jealous of me. I'm really very open. But nobody seems to want to get to know me. I just have to say that it goes both ways. Sometimes you have to make yourself available and start the first conversation or make the first effort.
smile.gif
It can be hard though.

Hey Ape, I was wondering if you could paypal me a couple bucks! I'm a little short! Cool?? LOL

I had two truly close best friends. With one of them we recently have lost touch for awhile and tried to meet up again recently but things have changed and the friendship just wasn't the same, different interests and ambitions. And the the other friend was a backstabber!! So now I just moved and I'm in the process of making a new circle of friends but I find it's really hard to befriend people in general, but I'm trying.

I had alot of online guy friends at one point. I don't know if I consider them real friends or just cyberfriends, I guess they are really just cyberfriends if you never actually get together face to face. But I'm always open to making new friends whether in real life or over the internet.

In real life I don't have any friends, my family are my friends. They're the only people that I can trust to talk about anything, and they're the only ones that genuinely care for my well-being.

I do have some online friends that I'm really close with, I do consider them friends. And I hope some day I could meet them in person.

Yes I friends in real life. I have several 'groups' - uni friends, work friends and school friends, that I do different things with and have different relationships with.

I do consider online friends as good as IRL friends - in some ways you have to work harder at the friendship than someone you can just call on the phone or invite out to dinner.

I agree, with celly, I consider my online friends 'friends who I havent met'
smile.gif

I only have a few people IRL that I consider "real" or "close" friends. I used to make friends really easily but after some bad experiences, I was starting to feel that as I got older, the desire to really get to know people faded. I was really surprised that I made so many friends, so quickly here in Korea. It has definitely started to renew my faith in people.

I don't really do online friends. I have one friend that I met online through MuT. She is one of my dearest friends, knows more about me than most people, and helped me through some rough times just by being there, not judging me and telling me the truth when no one else would. She is definitely a "real friend". My brain just thinks I got lucky and is still extremely weary of online relationships.

Originally Posted by dcole710 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I only have a few people IRL that I consider "real" or "close" friends. I used to make friends really easily but after some bad experiences, I was starting to feel that as I got older, the desire to really get to know people faded. I was really surprised that I made so many friends, so quickly here in Korea. It has definitely started to renew my faith in people.
I don't really do online friends. I have one friend that I met online through MuT. She is one of my dearest friends, knows more about me than most people, and helped me through some rough times just by being there, not judging me and telling me the truth when no one else would. She is definitely a "real friend". My brain just thinks I got lucky and is still extremely weary of online relationships.

aww how sweet who?!!!!
lol.gif

I have friends IRL but not a lot. There's a few I've known since HS, but as you get older the friend's circle seems to get smaller and ppl tend to change overtime. Of course I have some friends I party and hang out with once in a blue, but to me that's not the concept of a true friend. A 'real' friend is someone you can confide in and share major/minor problems with. They'll be the ones to say "eww your makeup looks crappy today" or "he's a loser, so ditch his a$$" On the top of my head, I can truly say that adds up to about 3 people. lol

Most often or not, there are some internet friends you do bond with and have more in common with than RL friends. I've known my friend Drew on the internet for 3 yrs now and we're like bosom buddies. He's like my brotha from anotha motha. Although he swears I have the hots for him (typical men) He's my top 2 on myspace and we literally talk about anything. relationship problems, work, life in general, and just being silly. We send each other presents on xmas and bday's. One time he sent me a $100 VS giftcard (totally random) but it was thoughtful of him. He knows more about me than any of my past bf's ever will! lol, sometimes you can find friendship on the net no matter what the distance is. Maybe one day he'll come visit nyc or when I have money saved I'll go over to Australia (uber far!) Some ppl may think it's just cyberfriends but I think it can be a truly lasting friendship
smile.gif

I have a group of friends that I'm really close to, that I see very often. Then there's the larger group that I consider my friends, but I rarely see them.

I don't really have internet friends because I don't post much on other websites, but I love everyone I've met on MUT!

I can't say that I do have internet "friends" who I am *friends* with. But I know some very cool people online.

Latest posts

Back