The Best Sunglasses for Your Face Shape

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
sunglasses-victoriabeckham.jpg

Heart: Fab Flashback
If you have a narrow chin, like Victoria:
sunglasses-plasticframes.jpg

Soften a sharp chin with rounded frames, like these glam '70s ones from Carolina Herrera. The oversized plastic glasses capture the soft glow of the decade in a modern way.
sunglasses-kylieminogue.jpg

Heart: Retro-a-Go-Go
If you have a wide forehead, like Kylie:
sunglasses-brothers.jpg

These '80s shades are back (to the future) in a big way. Accentuate your face shape with a straight-edge frame, like this pair from Foster Grant. To complete the look, just add Michael J. Fox.
sunglasses-jessicasimpson.jpg

Oval: Big & Bold
If you have a long face with a high forehead, like Jessica:
sunglasses-dereklam.jpg

Let your inner diva loose with these bold purple sunglasses from Derek Lam. The large, square shape of the frames helps balance the length of your face, and provides plenty of sun protection.
sunglasses-katebeckinsale2.jpg

Oval: Supersize Me
If you have a slender face, like Kate:
sunglasses-urban.jpg

Oversized, round shades, like these from Urban Outfitters, add width to a narrow face. Plus, it'll be easy to go incognito with the ombre lenses and gradient frames, a major trend in sunglasses this summer.
sunglasses-katemoss.jpg

Square: Classically Cool
If you have an angular face, like Kate:
sunglasses-aviators.jpg

Look effortlessly cool with these '40s-inspired aviator and navigator glasses from John Varvatos. The classic curvature of the unisex shades offset a strong jaw. Just be careful your boyfriend doesn't steal 'em!
sunglasses-angelina.jpg

Square: Top Gun
If you have a strong jawline, like Angelina:
sunglasses-aviators3.jpg

You don't have to pilot a 747 to sport this season's trendy aviator shades. Take these affordable pairs from Target for a test flight this summer. The rounder frames will help soften the prominent angles of your face.
sunglasses-kellyripa.jpg

Round: All the Right Angles
If you have a round chin, like Kelly:
sunglasses-plasticframes2.jpg

Try out an angular frame, like these square shades from Target, to create a flattering contrast with the roundness of your features. Plus, the translucent frames are a wearable way to add bold hues to your summer look.
sunglasses-siennamiller.jpg

Round: Be a Sport
If you have full cheeks, like Sienna:
sunglasses-oakley.jpg

Avoid adding extra width to your face with these wraparound, frameless shades from Oakley. This berry-colored sporty pair provides full coverage, so you can enjoy hours of fun in the sun, while the lens filters out all those harmful UV rays.

Source

Thanks Nury! I always have to try on tons of glasses before I find the right now.

I don't really like all of these glasses, especially Angelina's and Jessica's.

how about fat??? what if your have a fat face?? or at least chubby?

I do NOT consider Sienna or Kelly Ripa to have round faces-

I really like the posh and kylie glasses best, which is funny - I have a heart shaped face
biggrin.gif

Thanks for the info. I still don't what face shape i have. Maybe if i lose i little more weight it'd be easier to define lol

i have a heart shaped face & i love the look of posh's sunglasses. the rounded frames really even out her face, make it look more balanced. now if i could only find a good cheap pair!
smile.gif

i agree with the others, some of these suck! i don't like the look of the square frames for round faces. maybe it's just those 2 pairs but they're too sporty. it makes them look like they're gettin ready to run a marathon.

Thanks for posting!

I tried the draw-around-your-face-on-a-mirror-with-lippie trick and from what I can tell I'm sorta heart-shaped.

Weirdly I got some sunglasses yesterday and I went for what the article says is the right syle so I'm happy
biggrin.gif

thanks for that yeah i dont think kelly and sienna are round faced girls either and full cheeks for sienna? naha lol

Victoria does wear some great sunglasses!! Ofcourse I can't wear any of them as I look ridiculous in big sunglasses.

Thanks for the post Nury
smile.gif

I don't know if I buy them based on my face shape...I think I just buy the ones I like best! LoL

I really like Posh's and Kelly Ripas

I'm not so sure about my face shape, but I like Victoria's and Kate Beckinsale's glasses.

Originally Posted by xtiffanyx /img/forum/go_quote.gif Ray of Sunshine, I love those glasses! They do look great on you
smile.gif
. Thanks!! I love $15 sunglasses <3

Great info, Nuri!! Peraonally I love the super big oversized sun glasses... They are just so cute...

I believe that sunglasses (and reg ones) are the kind of thing that you MUST try on in your face in order to see if it'll work or not.

Back