Your Favourite Finishing Powder?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm still on the lookout for my HG finishing powder. Could you please tell me yours and why?

Thanks!

Andrea

So far the only one i really like is by L'oreal Bare Naturale. The only reason i like it is because although it does contain bismuth, it doesnt itch like my EDM finishin powder which doesnt contain bismuth. funny

I like Stardust and Translucent Silk by Lily Lolo...

Radiance finishing powder by Elemental Beauty.

I haven't really tried many others.I've used Silk dust and tinted silk dust from EDM, but they aren't really what I'm looking for, as I like a slight sheen/shimmer.I've also used a luminesce powder from Lauress, which was nice but too matte.

My favorite one is Fyrinnae's Oil Control Powder. It contains only matte mica, kaolin, and zinc oxide in it. It really helps alot to absorb excess oil from my face throughout the day. As, I hardly ever have to pull this stuff out for touchups, like I normally have to do with other finishing powders that I have. And, it never leaves my face feeling sucked dry of moisture, but instead it just leaves my face looking naturally matte, which I so love!

It is approximately 12 grams net weight, comes in a sifter jar, goes on transparent, and it only costs $7. I just love this stuff!

I love Lily Lolo finishing powders. Actually I love all their products in general. My favourite finishing powders of theirs are Translucent Silk and Flawless Silk. Varies depending on the look I'm going for. Translucent Silk gives more of a dewy finish with a slighy pink glow.

I love Silk Naturals Perfection Powder. It isn't heavy, doesn't change the color, helps combat greasies, and diffuses the look of my pores. I've tried 5 others and love this stuff. I'm on my 2nd full size jar.

Havent found my hg yet... but i really like bare escentuals mineral veil and ocean mist's finishing powders.

Lily lolo
biggrin.gif
I LOVE star dust Its amazing, Ive just ordered the flawless silk too

MAD Minerals satin glow (white dewy radiance, excellent for my white skin - emphasizes the fairness),

Signature Minerals Radiance has excellent warm glow (hated the Angel, too yellow). Excellent for the summer.

Both of them are excellent as eye highlighters too.

Originally Posted by Reservechic /img/forum/go_quote.gif My favorite one is Fyrinnae's Oil Control Powder. It contains only matte mica, kaolin, and zinc oxide in it. It really helps alot to absorb excess oil from my face throughout the day. As, I hardly ever have to pull this stuff out for touchups, like I normally have to do with other finishing powders that I have. And, it never leaves my face feeling sucked dry of moisture, but instead it just leaves my face looking naturally matte, which I so love!
It is approximately 12 grams net weight, comes in a sifter jar, goes on transparent, and it only costs $7. I just love this stuff!

I use Fyrinnae's Rice Powder Primer under my makeup. Do you think adding the Oil Control Powder over the top of the makeup will be 'over-kill'?

I second Silk Naturals all the finishing powders are non -drying and leaves you nice and matte.

Originally Posted by KristinB /img/forum/go_quote.gif I love Silk Naturals Perfection Powder. It isn't heavy, doesn't change the color, helps combat greasies, and diffuses the look of my pores. I've tried 5 others and love this stuff. I'm on my 2nd full size jar. I agree! I love Silk Naturals Perfection Powder and also love their Date Bate.
I also really like Dream World's Whipped Cream and their Silk Toppings.

Originally Posted by laurie_lu /img/forum/go_quote.gif I use Fyrinnae's Rice Powder Primer under my makeup. Do you think adding the Oil Control Powder over the top of the makeup will be 'over-kill'? Well, I have oily skin and I live in Louisiana where it is hot and humid here almost all year round, so that's why I use both. Also, when I do use the Rice Powder Primer and Oil Control Powder on my face, I only use small amounts of course. So, if you do suffer from oil breakthru (especially around this time of year), or even if your mineral powder foundation doesn't wear as long as you'd like it, then I definbitely do suggest you geting the Oil Control Powder. I do wholeheartedly suggest that you get it in a sample size first, just to test it out first on your skin.
Oh, and if you have very dry skin, or if you would prefer a kaolin-free finishing powder, then there is one called "Mineral Finish: Clear". It doesn't contain kaolin, oil, or cornstarch. As, instead it only contains matte mica and zinc oxide. And, you can try sampling this one instead.

So, no using either of Fyrinnae's finishing powders wouldn't be "over-kill" for you skin!
wink.gif

Well, thanks for the replies guys!! I ordered a couple of samples of Silk Naturals Perfection Powders!! Can't wait to try them out.

SN is my favorite. I hope you like it as much as I do.

I am thinking of trying some of the others mentioned here, but I can't really justify spending the money when I need to put gas in my car.

Latest posts

Back