Why do you apply MMU wet?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm just curious
smile.gif

I don't do it because my shade is perfect and once it's wet it gets a little darker. most ppl like to do it because just to blend it a bit more and maybe provide a little more coverage. i would imagine ppl with dry skin would do for the mere purpose of it not falling on their dry spots on their skin.

with some brands, it looks a bit powdery if applied dry. applying it wet makes it look more natural. although with my current brand, it looks natural wet and dry (can't tell the difference actually) so i just apply it dry

Fuller coverage, dry skin, easier to use because the powder isn't getting everywhere, etc...

Also, some mineral eye shadows look way more fierce when wet!
smile.gif

More coverage, and faster. I use a large concealer brush or sponge to apply wet over my cheekbone area where I am most freckly, and under eye area. I also like the fact that there is less powder getting everywhere.

Applying it wet makes the foundation last so much longer. Even with just spritzing the face with toner after dry application helps it stay longer. For me, there's less foundation "transfer" (on clothes) too. It also prevents caking on the face since the powder is smoothed out while wet with a brush or sponge.

Mineral eyeshadows cover better and look bolder when wet. They're awesome.

I've never applied mineral foundation powder wet...I may have to try it when I'm having "dry" day!
smile.gif

i do it because i feel it gives more coverage and also it gets rid of the powdery look
smile.gif

I like the look but I am older as well so I do have wrinkles. But it takes more time for me~~

i think i like it wet because the foundation stay more on my face..and its easy for me and the coverage is much better than dry..

Gives skin-like finish and quicker than dry application. (I can do foundation in less than 1 min.) I have dry skin and use a hydrating hydrosol from MMBB to help with that issue as my liquid. Less powder in the air ( and on counters.) Use tiny bit for coverage. Did I say quick? LOL

More coverage faster, and the foundation stays put longer. I'm able to cover a sunburn with wet application, too (although not any more - I have a week's worth of sun exposure and squinting to contend with now, and have to find a new shade! LOL!)

For eye shadows and liners, wet helps the colors really pop and the liner to stay put. I adore faerie sparkles and metallics and smoky rocker-girl eyes, and foiling the minerals makes dramatic looks SUPER easy to do.

Wet application uses less mineral powders (in my experience) and gives a more natural finish.

Wet application eliminates any dry or chalky/powdery look that you may get with applying dry and even a mineral foundation that I didn't like when applied dry many times looks good if I apply it wet (not always though).

Wet application also, like said above, helps the makeup to pretty much stay on until removed at the end of the day.

Applying it wet makes the foundation last so much longer. Even with just spritzing the face with toner after dry application helps it stay longer.

Back