***Makeup Talk's NYX Contest! (July 5th - August 4th)***

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Attention all NYX Cosmetics lovers and anyone interested in trying out NYX Cosmetics!!!

The staff here at Makeup Talk has decided to hold a contest! Entrants will create an ad for NYX cosmetics. The winner, 2nd place, and 3rd place entrants will each receive a prize consisting of makeup from NYX Cosmetics (possibly including, but not limited to: lipliners, lipsticks, eyeliner, glitter, jumbo pencils, and/or eye shadows).

Rules and How to Participate:

• All Makeup Talk members will be allowed to participate.
  • Each entrant will create their own ad. For those who own NYX Cosmetics, feel free to take pictures of your makeup, a face or face chart made up with NYX cosmetics, etc. For those who want to try something different and those who do not own any items from NYX cosmetics (this might be a little more challenging), feel free to create your own ad in Photoshop or another computer program. Also, photos and/or scans of drawings and other creative works will be allowed. WE’RE LOOKING FOR CREATIVE ADS!
    smile.gif
  • Photoshop IS allowed!
  • Your ad does not have to feature your face (or anyone else's) if you'd prefer not to.
  • Entrants may create more than one ad, but keep in mind that only one will be entered into voting.
  • Each entry must be a maximum resolution of 640 x 480 or smaller as per MuT’s picture size regulations. If you’re unsure as to how to resize your images, there is more information here.
  • All entries should be posted in this thread on or before August 4th. The next day, a voting poll will be opened and all MuT members will be given two weeks (14 days) to vote for their favorite ad.
Here is an example of a NYX Cosmetics ad:
background3.jpg

**This contest is sponsored by Nick007, a NYX distributer in Makeup Talk’s Member Marketplace. She will be providing the prizes for the winners**

Good luck, everyone!

Woohoo! i'm so excited about this contest!

Thank you Nick007 for doing this for all the MUT members! Awesome idea. Can't wait to enter!

awesome, I'm excited =D!! thanks to the sponsor XD I'm definitely entering (if i find time) haha

Yay. Thanks for putting it together! I don't know if it can be animated or not, maybe a mod can help out on that one. This is great for all the girls on no buys, if you win you can ease your pain and get some makeup in the mail
smile.gif

Originally Posted by SarahAfshar /img/forum/go_quote.gif Awesome. This seems like an amazing contest. I might enter.
I am curious, can the ad be animated?

Are you interested in making an animated image or a video?
smile.gif

This is really cool, I just wish I could enter. I don't have the software to make an ad.

Good Luck everyone.

Originally Posted by KristieTX /img/forum/go_quote.gif This is really cool, I just wish I could enter. I don't have the software to make an ad.
Good Luck everyone.

You don't have Paint or anything? Even Photobucket has options! If not, you don't need software to create the ad! You could create a drawing by hand and take a pic of it, etc. There are a bunch of options! I listed some in the "rules and how to participate".
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Aprill /img/forum/go_quote.gif I lack creativity, but I am excited to see entries
wink.gif
Same here, no creativity-I do love looking through entries though
biggrin.gif

frown.gif
I Love NYX products & would love to do this so much only All I know how to do is Makeup ......not photoshop or adding pics with words or anything Any help wouldbe great PLEASE??!!? How would I go about making an add?

I'd love to enter, but I am so-so at makeup application and so-so at Photoshop.

Originally Posted by internetchick /img/forum/go_quote.gif I'd love to enter, but I am so-so at makeup application and so-so at Photoshop. Me too! But I don't think I can pass this up! I guess I'm just going to try to make up for my lack of photoshop skills with more makeup photos or some other creative idea (at least I hope it'll make up for it). This one's going to be hard because there's a lot of very creative and talented people here on MUT!

Latest posts

Back