Important: Please read!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

As so many of us are fans of small companies. I read about this on the LaurEss forum. I have been reading up on it a bit and I thought it was important to pass this info on to you.

As posted on LaurEss forum (I e-mailed Lauren and asked if I could post here and she said "yes, please!")

Dear Friends,

Help us stop the FDA from getting legislation passed that will make it impossible for small cottage industry cosmetic manufacturers to continue business. Please click on the following link and add your comment to the blog.

Indie Business Blog: Stop the FDA Globalization Act of 2008!!

Simply add your name and this comment; I oppose the FDA Globalization Act of 2008 at the bottom of the article to show your support.

Thank you,

Lauren Sheahan

CEO and Founder

LaurEss, Inc

For more information about this legislation and the effects it could have on cosmetic companies, grocery companies, perfume and flavor companies please visit these links:

Families Against Unfair Laws/

Food and Drug Administration Globalization Act of 2008 - Indie Business Forum

Cosmetics trade organization criticizes FDA Globalization Act

The Greenridge Herbal Thymes: FDA Globalization Act of 2008

P&F.com | Regulatory | The FDA Globalization Act's Impact on Flavor

GMA Criticizes FDA Globalization Act Discussion Draft

FDA fees eyed to boost food, drug safety - USATODAY.com

I don't know what I would do without my small company products, and hate the idea of them closing or raising their prices.

Show your support for your favorite brands.

Unbelievable! Here's another bill proposed for the purpose of making the government MORE money.

Congressman Dingle (House Energy and Commerce Chairman and a democrat of course) introduced this bill.

Democrats want the government to control everything.

as a big fun of mineral makeup that buy a lot of from American brands.. I didnt understand completly what is about. sorry about my english but Im really appriciate if you can explain me in simple words.. thank you so much

Simi, don’t apologize for your English I have read many of your posts and always understand what you are saying. I’m impressed by anyone who can speak more than one language, no less write also.

Basically this new act is going to require all cosmetic companies to register and report the ingredients they use in there products. This would not be that bad except that they are charging the companies $12,000.00 to do it. For most of the little brands we buy from that would be the end of them only the big guys would be able to pay, drug store brands and department store brand. It would put everyone else out of business.

Originally Posted by mgmsrk /img/forum/go_quote.gif Simi, don’t apologize for your English I have read many of your posts and always understand what you are saying. I’m impressed by anyone who can speak more than one language, no less write also.
Basically this new act is going to require all cosmetic companies to register and report the ingredients they use in there products. This would not be that bad except that they are charging the companies $12,000.00 to do it. For most of the little brands we buy from that would be the end of them only the big guys would be able to pay, drug store brands and department store brand. It would put everyone else out of business.

thank you for your answer!!! now Im understand! this is very bad because the small brands are great and I think the make a great products.
I hope its will be ok.. and if I can sign in that I will !!!

I'm signing. This is so unfair. I love the smaller companies so much and would not be satisfied with the larger brand companies products alone that I've tried at all.

Back