Eyebrow Threading?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score

I read that this technique is without a doubt, the most effective way to shape eyebrows as it gives a more precise and defined finish than waxing or plucking. Kim Kardashian uses this technique to shape her brows. I was wondering if any of you has ever tried this technique.

I have my eyebrows threaded every 3-4 weeks for $5 ($7 with upper lip included). I have really fine hairs and waxing doesn't get to all of them. It really is precise and quick. My best friend turned me on to it after I told her that I was having trouble getting them shaped myself.

i've seen this done and i've thought about trying it
smile.gif
, but as of right now i'm trying to grow them out for a new shape.

I've tried it, it's amazing. It cost me about $7 to do my eyebrows and it looks very natural. Hair free for about a month.

I'm a devout thread person. Nothing else touches my eyebrow except for my fabulous threader. If you live in my area, I would definately recommend her.

I've been thinking about it. I know someone who does it beautifully, but I love my shape so much right now, that I'm afraid to mess with it... I might give it a go next month.

Originally Posted by perlanga /img/forum/go_quote.gif I've tried it, it's amazing. It cost me about $7 to do my eyebrows and it looks very natural. Hair free for about a month. WoW! That´s cheap! I live in Tulsa, Oklahoma and there is only one salon that does it for $35!! I´m gonna try it anyways.

I have heard about threading and been wanting to try it for a long time now but I can't find anyone who does it where I live...even when I call salons..their like what's that?? Yeah.

It's great, been doing it for 6 years, since I was 13. Very precise and natural looking like some of you have already said. And after you get used to the pain it starts to feel good.

this is the best way to have perfect eyebrows ....

as its available everywhere in Bahrain ....i do it every 3 weeks , with my upper lip area... sometimes i go every 2 weeks to maintain the shape..

but my brows look bushy now , coz the one who make it for me is at hospital
bawling.gif
... poor girl...

I want to try it but I havent seen anywhere that offers it here either. I will one day
biggrin.gif

I would love to try threading but there is no where around here that does it.
frown.gif

Threaders! Come to Marysville! And do it for $7 like what Perlanga pays!!
laughing.gif

I am Indian (SouthEast Asian) and this technique has been used in India for eons now! I switched over to this about 10 years ago living in the states but never finding anyone to do it for me (It is very hard to do yourself or even master)....now I have in readily available in the Phila area!!! And it is so cheap - $5-10 -- people use it for all over face hair removal. If you have an Indian (grocery) store in your area - go in there and ask if they know anyone who does threading. Threaders normally leave their names/ads in those types of stores to find business......Hope this helps! I can attest - it is way better than waxing/plucking and so flawless!!! You look so cleaned up after it! Threaders say that your hair grows in much better when using threading rather than waxing, etc!

my mom used to do this to me for my brows, facial hair, side burns, etc...

granted i was like in middle school, but i have nightmares from my childhood from that.

Originally Posted by DreamSonia /img/forum/go_quote.gif I am Indian (SouthEast Asian) and this technique has been used in India for eons now! I switched over to this about 10 years ago living in the states but never finding anyone to do it for me (It is very hard to do yourself or even master)....now I have in readily available in the Phila area!!! And it is so cheap - $5-10 -- people use it for all over face hair removal. If you have an Indian (grocery) store in your area - go in there and ask if they know anyone who does threading. Threaders normally leave their names/ads in those types of stores to find business......Hope this helps! I can attest - it is way better than waxing/plucking and so flawless!!! You look so cleaned up after it! Threaders say that your hair grows in much better when using threading rather than waxing, etc! yeah... indians are the best in threading ....

i have the same problem..i can't find a place to try it. i've read a lot about it - seems interesting. kim kardashian has some amazing brows!
biggrin.gif

I'm personally scared of this technique, a friend of mine had a bad experience with it,

she lost part of her left brow and it won't grow back.

So I'll stick to tweezing!

this is by far THE BEST technique out there. you dont know what REALLY good eyebrows look like until you've had yours threaded. trust me. wax comes nowhere close to the kind of precise shape that comes from threading. with threading, u can focus on one individual hair at a time if you want. its great. it gives you EXACTLY what kind of shape you want and lets you control the thickness, thiness in all of the areas, ex. arch. i love it so much, that i taught myself how to thread my own mustache and jaw area. as for eyebrows, i'm still practising it...but for now i cant live without my threading lady. she only costs $5!!

Back