I think I've found my HG mascara!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I think I've finally found a mascara that offers volume, a little length and no absolutely no smudging!!

I went to the Japanese cosmetics store to pick something up for Nicole, and I picked up two mascaras. One, I've read lots of great reviews about: Kiss Me Heroine Make Mascara (totally different from Blinc Kiss Me Mascara). The other was B&C 24h Browlash Ex Water Strong Mascara.

This morning, I applied Kiss Me to my top lashes, and I applied the Browlash over that and Browlash to my bottom lashes. My regular, go-to mascara was Maybelline's Full and Soft, but it did leave dark mascara circles under my eyes by the end of the day (and I only wore it on my top lashes, bottom lashes were impossible).

Anyway, that was at 8 am and it is now midnight and no smudges! I even rubbed my eyes a couple of times. Browlash is the first mascara I could ever wear on my bottom lashes without smudging. It really sets in place. I tried it on yesterday too and it didn't budge. I did have a little bit of difficulty removing it yesterday, but maybe it's supposed to be removed with warm water and gentle pressure like tubing mascaras.

Anyway, my BF has my camera, so I can't take pics but here's one I found:

102977601002n.jpg

The tip of the mascara angles up a little, so its great for getting those little hairs in the inner and outer corners, but you have to really wipe off a lot of mascara from the small tip first.

Here's the description:

B & C BrowLash Ex Water Strong Mascara Volume Curl is a fiber-in, curl set polymer extract, and volume up wax to volumize and curl your lashes. It will protect your lashes from sweat, water and grease for 24 hours. It contains nourishing ingredients to make your eyelashes smooth and glossy.

I don't see any fibers in it like Kiss Me Heroine Make or Fiberwig.

There's also a Long and Curl version.

The prices I've found online are much better than the price I paid at the store too.

Now I have a no smudge liner and no smudge mascara! My eyemake looks pretty fresh, even late into the night. Yay!

Wish it was available where I am I'd try it.

congrats on your HG mascara find.

Oh I wish we had a Japanese cosmetics store nearby! It seems like all the cool stores are down in SoCal! =T Well, I am headed to SD in a couple weeks, I hope I get some good finds there! ^_^ /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

what are some japanese cosmetics stores around southern california? =/ i'm afraid i don't know any and want to try this out.

That sounds very nice. I wouldn't know where to begin to find it. Maybe Uwajimaya in Seattle, but I am rarely in Seattle.

I have the same problem with smudging at the end of the day. Glad you found your HG!

Originally Posted by x33cupcake /img/forum/go_quote.gif what are some japanese cosmetics stores around southern california? =/ i'm afraid i don't know any and want to try this out. Where in southern California are you? I get my stuff at this little Japanese store that only carries beauty products and miscellaneous stuff, but perhaps you have a Japanese chain market around you, like Mitsuwa. However, the selection probably won't be as great.

Originally Posted by Ashley /img/forum/go_quote.gif Where in southern California are you? I get my stuff at this little Japanese store that only carries beauty products and miscellaneous stuff, but perhaps you have a Japanese chain market around you, like Mitsuwa. However, the selection probably won't be as great. i'm located in orange county, but i don't mind driving a while for any japanese stores

Sounds great; I really wish we had a Japanese cosmetics store around here. I'm always looking for new mascaras to try out
smile.gif

Originally Posted by x33cupcake /img/forum/go_quote.gif i'm located in orange county, but i don't mind driving a while for any japanese stores Oh! Do you know where San Gabriel is? It's about 25-30 minutes from you. There's a store called Takashimaya that carries Japanese cosmetics. It does cost a little more than online, but I like to look at things before I buy, and to get things immediately.

My HG for the past 5 years has been YSL Luxurious Mascara for a False Lash Effect. It lengthens, volumises, curls & thickens. And best of all it doesnt flake or smudge..

Originally Posted by Ashley /img/forum/go_quote.gif Oh! Do you know where San Gabriel is? It's about 25-30 minutes from you. There's a store called Takashimaya that carries Japanese cosmetics. It does cost a little more than online, but I like to look at things before I buy, and to get things immediately. thanks so much!! do you know any other japanese stores in the southern cali?

You can try the Japanese markets, like Mitsuwa. Their selection won't be as great as Takashimaya, but there is a beauty section. Some stores are bigger than others. There's one in Torrance and one in Costa Mesa!

I heard the bathrooms at the Santa Monica one has the cleansing Japanese toilets!

Thanks for sharing Ashley! I've been wondering how the B&C mascara performs!
laughing.gif

I love Japanese mascaras! I find they are truly "waterproof" and holds the curl on my stubborn asian lashes compared to the normal department store brands out there. I have tried heaps of waterproof mascaras on the market and all of them smudges on me somehow by midday.

My favorite is Kiss Me Heroine Mascara (Long & Curl). Gonna put in an order for the B&C one next to try it out. I usually order online from either:

bobodave.com OR

sasa.com

I live near Austin, Texas and there are no Japanese shops in my area! TT___TT The closest one would be about 3 hours away from my house. I've heard soooo many great reviews about the Kiss Me Heroine mascara but the only place I can buy it is online, and my mom hates it when I buy things online.

I haven't heard of the B&C 24h Browlash Ex Water Strong Mascara before; I'm really intrigued with this mascara now.

Back