Authentic mac brushes?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi, I have a question concerning mac brushes. I bought two mac brushes (full size) at a mac store and the handles have tiny shiney flakes in them. I heard that real mac brushes have matte handles... so i want to know.. do your mac brushes contain a bit of sparkle or is there ABSOLUTElY NO sparkle at all? What if I bought fake mac brushes at a mac store.. that is 5 hours away? is there something I can do about that? thanks.

If it's from the MAC store, I am 99.9% sure it is authentic. I don't have any brushes on me right now, but I have read that while older MAC brushes are completely matte, it is normal for brushes to have a bit of a sheen to them. Since you bought them at the store, I would not worry.

I bought my first MAC brushes a couple days ago from a MAC store and they all have that tiny shine to them. I'm pretty sure they're 100% authentic, or else I'd be so pissed considering they're so expensive.

OK I just checked my brushes..they're not matte black, they have a tiny bit of white specks.

Thanks so much girls

It could have been someone that bought fake brushes and went to the mac store and asked a refund..

but... since youre saying your brushes has a little bit of shimmer on them... I'm very reassured!!!!!

Thanks
rockwoot.gif

Hm..Well, I know that if you buy something at MAC and return it, they do not resell it, even if it was untouched. I'm not sure about brushes, but I'm guessing they also don't resell brushes.

100% right ash
smile.gif
an they were 100$ real dont worry

Originally Posted by Ashley /img/forum/go_quote.gif Hm..Well, I know that if you buy something at MAC and return it, they do not resell it, even if it was untouched. I'm not sure about brushes, but I'm guessing they also don't resell brushes.

Mine has tiny little sparkles in them too, and mine are real from a MAC store, honestly I never knew lol I thought they were just matte black, but now that I looked very closely, I see little sparkles
smile.gif

Originally Posted by gosia23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif mac` brushes false is often on ebay Yea i think they only place i would worry if they are fake is if they came off ebay.

I can't believe that people would fake MAC brushes! It's so sad to see what people will do to make a buck these days!

But I'm positive that if you bought it at a MAC store, you probably don't need to worry at all about fakes!

Back