Making shopping fun

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Somehow I'm not into shopping.

I was wondering how to make it fun.
whistling.gif

Money... makes shopping fun. Seriously- much more fun when you don't have to look at prices or sales- when you can just look at anything you like.

But people hve issues for several reasons for not liking to shop:

spending, crowds, no interest in material things, waiting, looking...

some people jus don't like to.

Erm. Lol.

Bring a friend.

Having a shopping budget, like Jen said - a lot of money is more fun to spend.

Go when there isn't a lot of people. That's usually an hour after opening or an hour before it closes.

If you bring a friend, we always like having a nice lunch/dinner to look forward to after our shopping.

That's all I can suggest. I dunno how to really make shopping fun... it just happens, not something I really plan for.

Yeah, my only suggestion was to bring a friend... it IS so much fun to spend a lot, if you're in the position to.

I make a list of what I need, or think I need, like a treasure hunt. Sometimes it helps keep me "on task" so I don't just go start shopping for other stuff..

I hate shopping too lol Funnily enough shopping with someone else makes me hate it more. I like to go alone and just get it over and done with quickly and then I can go home. I always write a list on the back of my hand so I know exactly what I need so I don't waste time.

Sorry, I really don't know how you can make shopping fun
tongue.gif

My mom hates to go shopping too! She can't stand the crowds and line ups!

I, on the other hand, find shopping is a very pleasurable and relaxing experience for me.

I only ever go to the mall alone, and that way I can spend as long as I want looking at everything I please. I can walk at my own pace, and it gives me time to think about things, when I'm stressed out.

You should try going alone, take an Ipod, and spend a few hours on your own, doing your own thing
smile.gif

It really isn't as lonely as it sounds, and it's less chaotic that way!

Sorry if I'm not much help!

bring a friend and go into the dearest shop in the place and try on the dearest clothes and parade around the shop sayin o i mite buy this r i mite bye this wen really you cud never afford it... always makes it fun for me

I'm the same as Katana... I shop alone!

I am a very indecisive person, and I like to change my mind about things a lot.. so when I bring people along they get frustrated, LOL.

I am a huge impulse buyer... and then after I buy it I'm like ''I don't really NEED this''... and usually return it.. lol, I am terrible.

i think it's always more fun to shop with a friend. my boss and i go shopping together all the time. of course, the more money you have, the more fun it is, too >.<

I don't know... Dressing up like the opposite sex and going shopping has always made shopping fun for me!!
smile.gif
. But Its probably not for everyone!! I love to shop...

Hmm, i only go shopping when i have money to blow so i don't have to worry about the price, and thats always fun. DON'T TAKE YOUR S/O!! My husband is a total pr**k when it comes to shopping. I know better than to go with him. I actually prefer to go by myself bc if i go with someone else, i feel like i'm wasting their time. Unless my friend is willing to spend the time (hours and hours) with me then i don't mind. But thats for makeup. Now when it comes to clothes i dont mind taking my hubby or my friend as they will give me their real opinion on it. I have pretty good judgement when it comes to makeup.

Back