Repurposing or using things in different ways

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am big on repurposing and using things in different ways. I want to hear y'alls ideas of how you repurpose something for a different use or how you use things a different way than intended.

I posted before that I was going to make a headboard out of an old door. I was moving things into the house and arranging as I go (or TRYING to) and I came across my antique wooden sled. I normally have it propped up on top of the entertainment armoire but, I'm going to use the entertainment armoire as a regular armoire after I paint it barn red, rough it up and beat it with some chains
smile.gif
I thought about propping it up against the fire place and then having it anchored with some clear fishing line so the little ones can't pull it over on them. Well, I wanted a pot rack (not THAT kind of pot :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />) for my kitchen and I think I've decied to make my wooden sled into a pot rack, hanging it from the ceiling with rusted chains.

I use my antique numbered crocks for display on recovered barnwood benches AND I use one on my kitchen counter for a lot of my kitchen utensils (I haven't run across my kitchen crock yet though!)

I found an old window with the glass intact. I put some chicken wire over the glass and I made some hooks from the chicken wire and I hang my red, blue, green and yellow depression ware utensils on there and hang it in my kitchen.

I also told y'all I collected some branches and I'm going to use them for curtain rods-- I have to go branch hunting again as I didn't find one long enough!

Ok, let me hear some of y'alls ideas!

Hugs,

Brandi

my best one was with my car (an old BMW). My blower motor gave out and when i went to the dealer for a replacement he wanted $150.

so Instead

We had an old blender that we were getting rid of it. Since the size of the motors were comparable i was able to use parts of the blender motor to rebuild the electric motor from the car. and It Worked!

So the joke after that was not only would my car have heat, it would blend and make shaved ice as well!

and in case anyone was wondering typically the only motors in a car that are rebuilt are the starter and alternator. and there are shops that do that. They never work on smaller motors like i had with my blower motor.

I recently repurposed some of my preggo clothes, of course they were too big for me to wear now, so i had to alter them and made them smaller, but i also made them look different, i like playing with clothes that way, i always wanted to be a designer but never had the chance so i just do it with my own clothes at home lol. When i was younger i used to alter my shoes too if i didnt like the way they looked.

Back