• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to MakeUp Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

I will NEVER swap again! Any suggestions on what I can do??

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This is about jymware015 from MakeupAlley.com I sent her two eyeshadows for a swap, and she NEVER sent me my product while she got hers over two weeks ago! Now she is not even a user and I am very upset especially since that was my first swap ever, and I am NEVER EVER SWAPPING AGAIN because of this! She at first wanted EVERYTHING on my swap list (3 mac eyeshdaows, and 2 ulta shadows) for one mac blush and an eyeshadow, and I thought that was asking for a little much especially since she wanted me to send out the items first, and THEN she would send them out AFTER she received my end because she "had people not sending items to her" in swaps before. So I seattled on two eyeshadows for a blush (which she got her shadows in 3 days!). And then the other girl I swapped with "forgot" to send me the gift card that she owed me in a swap and I'm still awaiting that a week later! I am very upset and have no idea what to do.

I'm sorry babe. Swapping can be a bad experience. I had swapped a brand new Clinique e/s for a mini lipgloss (which she failed to mention...I know because it came as a set of 3 lipglosses in UD). I felt cheated. I guess, now I just do sales on here because you get payment first and send product second. Are you still looking for that honey uD deluxe e/s? PM me....I will give it to you.

Hey shy thats awfully kind of u!

Amanda that sucks .. if u want to buy and swap here as lot of users here have excellent feedback

Thank you for sharing your story with me about how you were also treated unfairly in a swap. I will PM you in a minute... I can't believe how messed up people can be. I use to be an "only-selling" kind of person but figured that some stuff just wont sell so I should try swaping, but nope, never again, well atleast not at MUA, but I know all of the girls here are SO kind!

Nope nope nope, dont quit.
smile.gif

I am sorry that happened, and the same thing happened to me where I had a member lie and say that something I sent her was broken I requested pics, she said she didnt own a camera, yet posted FOTD's here, lol

Long story short, she gave me a negative, kept the palette and deleted her account.

But there was a lesson to be learned that I hear the girls cry over and over aand over again: Swap with vets. Feedback of 50 tokens over a 3 month period is not a vet and i guarantee they dont know the unspoken rules of swapping. Most peeps (like me) have those in my notepad. Dont give up, dont let it get you down, Find longstanding members here and there (by here you know what I am talking about) , to swap with.
smile.gif

it happend to me once or twice but i still love to swap

if you had a bad experience once it doesnt mean that it will happen again
wink.gif

I'm sorry that happened to you, there are bad people out there!

It's been suggested to swap only with vets. Is that fair? I'm a new swapper. I'm willing to ship first isn't that enough? I have tons of feedback on ebay and have been more than generous and doing everything right as far as I know. Is it fair to not swap with me b/c there are a few bad apples out there?

Back to the matter at hand. Chin up, not everybody out there is bad. Don't give up!

I'm sorry that happened to you! Don't swear off swapping entirely, just be more careful and try to swap with established members who have great feedback.

Two users here also had trouble with the same person:

mac_cosmetics: MUA swaplifers!

Originally Posted by Arielle123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I'm sorry that happened to you, there are bad people out there!
It's been suggested to swap only with vets. Is that fair? I'm a new swapper. I'm willing to ship first isn't that enough? I have tons of feedback on ebay and have been more than generous and doing everything right as far as I know. Is it fair to not swap with me b/c there are a few bad apples out there?

Back to the matter at hand. Chin up, not everybody out there is bad. Don't give up!

yeah but swapping with some one with as many tokens as you spells trouble. That rule is in place for a reason.... if you send first to someone first that has been around a long time, you wont get lifted. And ebay feedback is not swap feedback because it has happened where someone gave a ebay name and it wasnt even theirs.
In short, the blind shouldnt lead the blind, that's what two noobs sometimes do. And as you will see, if you havent seen, your swaplifters are the new people, not the ones with 200 tokens
wink.gif

It happend to me with the same chick. I did file mail fraud but I am so mad!! She deleted her account last week. This was only my second swap and I do not think that I will be doing another. I am going to get rid of the stuff that I have up threre and buy from here on out. It seems like MUA does not even care about posting something to keep jymware015 from doing this to others.

Originally Posted by Aprill /img/forum/go_quote.gif yeah but swapping with some one with as many tokens as you spells trouble. That rule is in place for a reason.... if you send first to someone first that has been around a long time, you wont get lifted. And ebay feedback is not swap feedback because it has happened where someone gave a ebay name and it wasnt even theirs.
In short, the blind shouldnt lead the blind, that's what two noobs sometimes do. And as you will see, if you havent seen, your swaplifters are the new people, not the ones with 200 tokens
wink.gif

Yes I know the swaplifters are generally those with less than 200 tokens I'm just saying that we're not all noobs and we're not all swaplifters and we should be given a chance
smile.gif
After all, how else are we supposed to get up to 200 tokens? So by what you're saying then newbies should be given a chance if sending first to an experienced user right? And yes I know that ebay doesn't mean anything really. But that's a whole different issue.

I really didn't want to make an issue out of this. I just don't like being grouped with all of the bad newbies.

And I am truely sorry to hear whenever somebody gets swaplifted. It's a horrible thing! You should file fraud reports at least with the usps, and I'm sure there are a few other agencies out there. Probably won't amount to anything but good to report.

No no, haha Im something like a noob too!
smile.gif
lol. Its just that the older members know a bit more and are more trustworthy. after 50 tokens or so, you dont have to send first. And it takes no time to get to 50
smile.gif

Sorry to hear that. I totally understand where you're coming from. Most often or not you have your share of "bad apples" out there. Even someone with 50 tokens could eventually scam you...I remember being a noob at one point so I agreed to send 1st since I had fewer tokens. I gave them a MAC 15 palette, 6 mac e/s, the MAC barbie doll, and 10 mac sample pigments...this was well over $150. I took her word for it that she was going to send her end, and turns out she scammed 20+ other ppl at the same time. For future reference you should check out swaptawk. Some of the ppl there are great at giving advice and they actually keep records of users who try to use another username signing up on MUA

Apply for membership at Swaptawk.blogspot.com and let the mods know you were swaplifted by this person. 10 of us so far have been ripped off. There is a tread about her in the SwapTawk forum, as well as information about how to file Mail Fraud, and an Internet Crime with the FBI! The more of us that report her the better! You will have to be approved for membership, but it goes pretty fast and usually only takes a few hours.

Save her address so you can put it on the online forms. if you don't have it anymore, one of us can give it to you!!

I'm sorry this has happened to you, and all of us!

That's awful! I haven't swapped anywhere online before, and the swaplifter stories always scare me out of getting into them.

I'm beginning to think that I'll stick to things like private sales and always use paypal to pay and receive money, since there is a level of protection there. Hopefully with all these women who've been stolen from, and thus filed reports on this (16 year old) girl, there will be some satisfying ending to this crappy situation!

Originally Posted by blueangel1023 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Sorry to hear that. I totally understand where you're coming from. Most often or not you have your share of "bad apples" out there. Even someone with 50 tokens could eventually scam you...I remember being a noob at one point so I agreed to send 1st since I had fewer tokens. I gave them a MAC 15 palette, 6 mac e/s, the MAC barbie doll, and 10 mac sample pigments...this was well over $150. I took her word for it that she was going to send her end, and turns out she scammed 20+ other ppl at the same time. For future reference you should check out swaptawk. Some of the ppl there are great at giving advice and they actually keep records of users who try to use another username signing up on MUA Wow Angie, that's terrible!!

I'm sorry that happened to you Amanda, but I wouldn't give up... you'll find some trust-worthy people out there.

What items were you swapping for?

Thank you guys for sharing your experiences! Wow angie I can not believe that someone swaplifted you of all those items. You must have been so upset! What a horrible person! I seriously don’t understand how people can spend so much time and effort on figuring out how to cheat people.

What makes me sick is that she is such a good con artist... when I told her to ship out her items on the same day that I shipped out mine she replied " i'm sorry. i really prefer to ship after i receive. if u have read my notepad u would know. (she lists in big letters how like 3 or 4 girls have swaplifted from her and she lists their username) if this isn't ok with u, i prefer we not swap. So stupid me, feeling awful for the girl, thinking she's been swaplifted figured "well if I've been swaplifted before I wouldn’t trust someone with 0 tokens either unless they shipped first." so I shipped them out the next day. I thought the way she was talking was a little rude, but I figured that most people were rude on MUA because someone asked me if I wanted to swap with them, and I said no, sorry, you don't have any items that I am interested in at this time. And she replies "okay, i thought i could leave u a token but no... "And I replied to her saying that I'm sorry and explained to her that I'm really new with swapping and asked her if I said anything wrong and she said no.

Its so pathetic on her end that she's swaplifted three people so far. I'm gonna check out SwapTawk to see what I can do. I also want to send her threatening letters to her home address but I don’t wanna do anything that will get me in trouble.

Bella1342, I was swapping two mac depots in an elf palette for Alpha Girl Blush from the heatherette collection. I really wanted to find a nice peachy pink blush and silly me, I'd eagerly go through the mail looking for my blush.

I still havent gotten a gc from another girl I swapped with and then to top it all off I get a message from an ebay member asking me which bra I want when I bid on a listing for TWO marciano bras for 50 bucks, there is no way on earth I'd spend 50 on one (and her listing specifically said this is for two bras so I made her aware of that in my response) I figured I'd just sell one of em and then I wouldn’t be spending more than 25 bucks for the bra I really want which is reasonable for me on my low budget. These are the bras that I won, hopefully I get em both, but I love the beige one. And i know the beige one alone is worth 50 but i'm a broke college student like a few of us on this board.

Sorry if I sound extra whiny the last two days its just been a rough week, and I like telling you guys whats going on cuz I don't think any of my friends would "get" how I feel cuz they're not as obsessive with makeup as I am and they don't swap any of theres lol.

shyiskrazy2 thank you again so much for the UD Honey!!

Latest posts

Back