Question about tinted moisturizers

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've decided to go with tinted moisturizers for the summer instead of my usual mmu. But my question is: do tinted moisturizers need to be set with powder?

I never set my TM with powder. I think it is more of a matter or preference and depends on your skin. Some people don't need to set their makeup at all.

I usually do set mine with powder because my face gets really oily and it creases under my eyes and lids. Depends on your skin type i suppose. Sometimes i only set it with powder under my eyes and lids so that it doesnt crease.

When I used to use it, I don't set with powder, works for me this way. What tinted moisturizer do you have? I happen to know ZA's ones are particularly good, they are very light, liquidy in texture, but heavily pigmented for its lightness. Its the best tinted moisturizer I've used but it was a pity I was allegic to it and caused me to breakout on my cheeks.

Laura Mercier has a great tinted moisturizer with buildable color. You probably won't need to set this one because it's a light formula, but because it's summer, it may be a good idea.

I apply powder no matter what i wear but only on my tzone due to my really oily skin. But if you don't have a problem with oily skin, then its not a requirement

Back