Yuko-method

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Does anyone has some experience with this methode of hair straightening?

Yuko Hair Straightening : Renata Jon : Chelsea London Hair Straightening

I want to try this out but i'm kinda scared that it totaly ruins my hair.
wink.gif

If this is the same as what I call the Japanese Hair Straightening, then I think it's great! It makes your hair perfectly straight, silky smooth and very shiny!

yes...that's what i'm talking about. do you have any experience in this or someone you know?

My sister gets this done. I think she has to re-do it every year though.

all my friends have this done- depending on your hair- you need to get touchups every 6-9 months.

It's pretty pricy nowadays so it's good if you know someone in the business!

i went to a hairdresser yesterday. he only uses the chi-methode...it does the same as a yuko methode. I'm going to try this out.
smile.gif

i've had it done before. i already have naturally straight hair but i wanted it even straighter. i got it done for about 160 and i loved it. you do have to get touchups for it though, when your hair starts growing back

This sounds really interesting...I've always wondered if hair would still hold a curl if this was done.

In Singapore, we call it rebonding and is very popular here. I think its unlikely you would damage your hair, but there must be a suitable interval of time before doing it again if not it'll cause damage to the hair and result in hair loss. I have done it twice, the second time eight months after the first time I did it. Also, a good hair technician is very important. If the technician is not well experienced, you could get disastrous results and then be unable to fix it until a suitable time has lasped (read: several months) as a second session too soon to the previous one is not advisable.

Originally Posted by xtiffanyx /img/forum/go_quote.gif This sounds really interesting...I've always wondered if hair would still hold a curl if this was done. Its not advisable to do that as you can spoil the rearranged bonds of the hairs (when you straightened the hair, the bonds of the hair are rearranged so the hair will fall back to place in its newly straightened state without styling or blow drying after washing) and cause the hair to curl and go haywire when you use curling tongs on it (caused by the breaking of the now straightened bonds between the hairs).

Originally Posted by Aniger86 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Its not advisable to do that as you can spoil the rearranged bonds of the hairs (when you straightened the hair, the bonds of the hair are rearranged so the hair will fall back to place in its newly straightened state without styling or blow drying after washing) and cause the hair to curl and go haywire when you use curling tongs on it (caused by the breaking of the now straightened bonds between the hairs). So i'm guessing that if you're gonna get this done, make sure that this is a look you want as it'll be permanent for a good while. Let us know how it turns out for you.

Thanks for the info Aniger86
smile.gif
...I guess it's not an option for me then. I have straight hair already, but figured this would get it to look sleeker.

so..;i went to to hairdresser and he said that I have to at least wait 6 months before to do this because my hair isn't in a great shape.
smile.gif
first my hair has to become stronger. I dyed my hair to much and I didn't use the products that I should. I learned a lot about how to treat your hair...so for 6 months no straitghtening hair or color hair... i tell you guys more after.

Originally Posted by umraon /img/forum/go_quote.gif so..;i went to to hairdresser and he said that I have to at least wait 6 months before to do this because my hair isn't in a great shape.
smile.gif
first my hair has to become stronger. I dyed my hair to much and I didn't use the products that I should. I learned a lot about how to treat your hair...so for 6 months no straitghtening hair or color hair... i tell you guys more after. well tell us how it goes when you finally get it done okay?
smile.gif
it's good that your hairdresser actually cares because i know some people that do it just for the money and don't really care if your hair is damaged or not.

Originally Posted by x33cupcake /img/forum/go_quote.gif well tell us how it goes when you finally get it done okay?
smile.gif
it's good that your hairdresser actually cares because i know some people that do it just for the money and don't really care if your hair is damaged or not. well this one is good. he uses a shampoo that is sillicon free, soap free and only uses oils to make your hair shine. And he forbid me to come more than 3 times a year so that my hair would grow longer and stronger.

My friend gets Yuko done, and she loves it. I think she goes in about once a year for her roots.

Here's a FAQ's from thermalconditioning.com.

That sounds great. I would love to do it but not now I am losing way too much hair and just started taking vitamins and using silicone free products. So far so good. It is something to look forward though.

Latest posts

Back