Sign in to follow this  
Lemae

I just CANT DO IT!

pedro.gif

SMOKEY EYE KISS MY ASS!!!

I cant do it for the LIIIIIIIFE of me!!!

The color black HAAAAAAATES me!

I try to do it, blend it out, fade the black so it gradiates (is that a word?)

And it ends up getting choppy and I try to soften it with the lighter brow color and then it gets too light...and the whole ordeal starts over again and then when I think it looks good...I close my eyes to see the full effect and I can see all the spots...bawling.gif

I just cant do it...**** it..I'm staying with colors!!!

sorry for the rant LOL

So what looks cant you do?

I can't do a heavy smoky eye, it looks like I got punched in the face. I have to do it softly and very sparingly use black on outer corners only. It took A LOT of tutorial watching before I started getting it right.

I also look sick wearing yellow and most pastels. I just started getting that outer V to look right, after A LOT of practice lol, and still not getting it right everytime.

OH and I can't for the life of me, even after 8 years of practice, I have very difficult time applying liquid liner. I have extremely shaky hands and am much better off with pencils and eyeshadows applied wet.

Oh and now that I think of it I also look horrible with bright red lips. I tried it one time at home and my dad asked me if I was going to work on a street corner...

I'm the opposite, I think I look odd and trying too hard when I try colors frown.gif which is sad cause I love bright clothes (another sad face frown.gif )

Keep trying, last year I thought I'd look ridiculous with a black/smokey eye (to myself at least) and I kept trying it and now it's so easy.

Lol Fransesca, I'm slowly getting to the bright lips, hopefully I can wear red one day...

Btw Lemae, I love your eyes with brights, they suit them nicely.

I can't do smokey, black eyes either. Well, tbh - I haven't really tried. I'm scared of black.

Maybe you can start off with a dark gray?

I can't pull off any dark lip colors, like red and stuff... they're my kryptonite.

I look like a little girl playing in my mums make up if I try and use deep coloured lipsticks, reds and darker shades. I look silly.

I have a pretty rough time trying to do the smoky eye too. It just always ends up looking like I'm putting on Halloween makeup.

the smoky eye is hard to do, i found a combo of eyeshadows that look pretty good on me, and still i can't get it right everytime.

other than that, when it's a good day and i master the liquid liner, i can never get my two eyes lined exactly the same way. i swear there's always a line that's more winged or thicker than the other. pedro.gif

Smokey eyes are probably the hardest makeup look to do imo.

Maybe you should start practicing your technique with browns because it's really hard to ruin or muddy the colour of brown and then when you feel a bit better about your application move onto grey and then black. Or if black still doesn't work then maybe just stick with grey or brown smokey eyes which looks just as nice. Just start with a tiny bit of your darkest colour on the outside corner of your eye, the mistake I always used to make was layering LOADS of black onto my eye and ending up looking like I'd been beaten up tongue.gif If you still can't work the black smokey eye you might want to try a soft black eyeshadow pencil or even a soft kohl pencil (rimmel do some really nice ones) and line the outer corner of your eye with it then smudge it with your finger of a smudger brush (i usually just use my finger) which will give a very slight, simple smokey eye effect.

Hope that helped! smile.gif

As for me I can't pull off grey or blue e/s or coloured lips. I always end up looking clownish frown.gif

Originally Posted by Lemae View Post
pedro.gif

SMOKEY EYE KISS MY ASS!!!

I cant do it for the LIIIIIIIFE of me!!!

The color black HAAAAAAATES me!

I try to do it, blend it out, fade the black so it gradiates (is that a word?)

And it ends up getting choppy and I try to soften it with the lighter brow color and then it gets too light...and the whole ordeal starts over again and then when I think it looks good...I close my eyes to see the full effect and I can see all the spots...bawling.gif

I just cant do it...**** it..I'm staying with colors!!!

sorry for the rant LOL

So what looks cant you do?

You could try doing a smoky eye with colors instead of black... smile.gif

You don't need to use black to get the smokey eye look. I use browns and golds and it looks pretty good and very wearable for everyday look.

But yeah, I can't do the winged liner look. I've watched tons of tutotrials on it and it just doesn't happen for me. It looks sooo easy, but hands-on, it's not! :-(

I also have a hard time with a black smokey eye. Also with winged eyeliner and anything but light coloured lips.

I can do the winged eyeliner and the "nude lips" and liquid liner took me forever but I finally got it down...

I can do colors and browns with a smokey eye type look heck I do it great in pinks! But the black is just so overwhelming and you have to make it light w/o having dark spots in the lighter/faded area that I just flub it up!

For some reason I cant do the blending on the black for the life of me!

Heck I could do a look like Trixie had with the rainbow colors with black w/o blending and it looks awesome but trying to blend it, it ends up just grrrr

I'd show you but last night I was so ticked after the look I wiped it off LOL

It looked good from like 3+ft away but if I closed my eyes it looked choppy and spotty...but the lids looked great with eyes closed LOL

Its all Rock'n Jess's fault for that damned electric blue/black eye!

Haha I been trying that for weeks now hence the frustration with smokey eye LOL

<<< Jealous & envy

Meh, at least I can pull off the pinks and browns!

And some other colors too...

Off topic but anyone notice that Urban Decay actually costs more than MAC?

I feel like a total dumb-butt for never looking into that before!

I always thought that UD was a wannabe MAC so it was a cheaper version of great colors...What sucks from what I see though is that UD has better palletes...Im not into the Fafi quad or the Heatherette Trio...not my color combos.

And the fact MAC doesnt do a like Brush combo irks me! I want the brushes but I want a pack or roll not buy em one by one LOL

LOL end second & third rant haha

UD, Nars, all those do cost more than MAC. It's crazy.

They do have the holiday set brushes though. Smaller, but it gets the job done at a cheaper price.

I have trouble with smokey black too...it's just so messy and it's so hard to correct mistakes. I always just use gray and smoke it out with a little bit of black-- keyword being "little"...LOL.

I can never look right with bright lipsticks...like the retro look with light e/s, winged liner and bright lipstick? I look funny...like a little girl trying hard to look older. It kinda washes me out too for some reason.

I also can't seem to look right with dark brown smokey. I've slowly gotten accustomed to a daytime neutral look...but dark brown smokey makes me look like I haven't slept for days or haven't showered nor put makeup on.

Originally Posted by Retro-Violet View Post
everytime i use black, people comment on my 'pretty blue shadow'.

i gave up using the black smokey eye.

LMAO!!! lol.gif I just find that really funny because someone has said that to me before...haha. I was trying a black and gray smokey as well but I guess it ended up blue? smile.gif LOL.

I can't wear pink e/s... No matter the color almost. I look sick. REALLY sick!

I'm w/ Leticia on the winged liner. The only times I've done it has been on accident.

Originally Posted by StereoXGirl View Post
You could try doing a smoky eye with colors instead of black... smile.gif
i was thinking the same thing, shaundra. black looks awful on me in a smoky eye, but navy and purple look really good.

I can do the smokey eye, however I am not sure how good it looks because it kinda does look like I got punched in the eyes...no one has said how terrible it looks yet so I must be doing it right lol.

I can't get liquid liner for the life of me...I have attempted soo many times that its just not worth trying anymore.

Ugh, i love the look of smokey eyes but i've learned that just because its called a smokey eye it doesn't mean you have to do raccoon eyes!!!

Here are some different smokey eyes:

mandy_moore400.jpg

milian4eva1.jpg

The one thing I can't do is a heavy lip color. It's just horrible on me and my lips are small enough as it is.