Castor oil eyelashes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello everyone! I would like to know who is using castor oil for the eyelashes. I have read alot that some people do this for growing and thickening the lashes and that it works, but i did not read it yet at this forum, so that is why i ask. Hope for replies!
cool.gif

Originally Posted by lollipop Hello everyone! I would like to know who is using castor oil for the eyelashes. I have read alot that some people do this for growing and thickening the lashes and that it works, but i did not read it yet at this forum, so that is why i ask. Hope for replies!
cool.gif
Isn't castor oil used as medicine? I have never heard of it being used on the lashes, though.

Originally Posted by anne7 Isn't castor oil used as medicine? I have never heard of it being used on the lashes, though. Do not know for the medicine part, but i know it is good for many things. And about the eyelashes i have heard and read alot about it. But not at this forum yet. It makes the lashes stronger also and the lashes will not fall out so easy this way. Do you really not heard about it? I thought maybe know one mentioned it yet, but do have heard about it. Really its something that i have read atleast at 5 forums. And i also typed at google this: Castor oil eyelashes.
cool.gif

I haven't heard of that either. You have to be careful what to use on your eyes. I have used Baby oil, applied with q-tip for many years before I go to bed.

My lashes don't all out like they used too and they are soft and dark.
icon_smile.gif

Originally Posted by lollipop Hello everyone! I would like to know who is using castor oil for the eyelashes. I have read alot that some people do this for growing and thickening the lashes and that it works, but i did not read it yet at this forum, so that is why i ask. Hope for replies!
cool.gif

I've never heard of this, but I would love to hear more if someone is going to try it.

Yes, I've heard of this and actually tried it a while ago & it does work. I applied the castor oil with a q-tip, and in about 3 weeks, I noticed my eyelashes were longer. I stopped using the castor oil because my eyelashes are incredibly curly.

Originally Posted by Naturally I'd use Castor Oil LONG before I use Baby Oil ...unless that baby oil is organic, or not petroleum derived!
Make sure it's COLD Pressed Castor Oil. Edgar Cayce used it for many things! It's really a great thing to use!

If you use any oils, like jojoba and stuff, does it always have to be cold pressed, and why?

Originally Posted by Naturally I don't know about the other oils ..but I do know for Castor Oil it should be cold-pressed (I think it has to do with the way it is processed ..it's better). You can find out some information about the uses of Castor Oil here. OK, thanks for the info. I know i once had used Castor oil for my pigment spots, because i had read it was good for it, but it was very itchy. I do not know if it is supposed to be itchy, anyone know? How do you know it is cold pressed ? Thanks in advantage, bye!

I have heard of applying Vasaline to the eyelashes and eyebrows (seemingly to make them grow). I don't know if it's true but the lashes do look thicker,maybe becuase they looked glossier.

Originally Posted by Pauline I have heard of applying Vasaline to the eyelashes and eyebrows (seemingly to make them grow). I don't know if it's true but the lashes do look thicker,maybe becuase they looked glossier. Hi Pauline. I have heard of this one too, and it makes the lashes stronger also! Maybe that i am gonna try this one too see if it works. I dont have heard any bad things about this, so why not
icon_razz.gif

Hi there!

Ive been using castor oil on my lashes after reading about it on the vogue forum, and i must say it has worked for me!
smile.gif

My lashes are much stronger, and softer and the dont break anymore!

My advice is to only use a smidge, otherwise you'll wake-up with blurry eyes
lol.gif

Originally Posted by mish_shel Hi there!Ive been using castor oil on my lashes after reading about it on the vogue forum, and i must say it has worked for me!
smile.gif

lol.gif

Hi there
icon_wink.gif
!!! Thanks for youre share about the oil, bye!!!

Yes, i have heard of this too that castor oil is suppose to be good for your eyelashes. I had even gotton a jar of castor oil, i started putting it on my eyelashes before going to bed, i ended up getting lazy... hmm..I never knew it had to be kept cold and pressed.. i think i will get anothe rjar and this time put it on when its cold!!

I also read about this on another forum and have been applying castor oil to my eyelashes and eyebrows off and on for a year(I get lazy and forget sometimes) I haven't noticed much difference in my eyelashes but it really helped my brows after getting tweezer happy.

I need to be more regular with it, I still see some bald spots on my brows which are bothering the heck out of me.

Originally Posted by mish_shel Hi there!Ive been using castor oil on my lashes after reading about it on the vogue forum, and i must say it has worked for me!
smile.gif

lol.gif

i know this is off topic :icon_love...but i like your avatar mish-shel...Audrey tatou is one of my fave actresses!

Originally Posted by Mambz098 i'm kinda nervous about putting oil really close to my eyes... hmmm I was really nervous about this too, since I have sensitive eyes but I haven't had a problem yet. Glad I came across this post, it got me jump started into doing this again.

Latest posts

Back