Covergirl Tropical Fushion Eyeshadow Dupes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
large-930.jpg

A few weeks ago, I blogged about Covergirl's new tropical fusion eyeshadow. I've had several requests for this colorful palette and I know why! Not to make matters worse but, I'm going to give ya'll a few more reasons why you need to grab this.

I was instantly drawn into the beautiful green shade as I'm TOTALLY fixated with green this year and last. It may be the combination of my green eyes or the impossiblty of getting ahold of in Nars Zulu nail polish. How's that saying go - we always want the impossible.. Not only impossible but, extremely limited. Hard to find + Rarity = Cha ching!

On to the good stuff. Last night was the first time I had a chance to play with my Cool Heat shadows from Mac. Big suprise but, I fell in love with Gulf Stream. Something was oh so familiar about this gorgeous green. That's because it's an exact dupe of the covergirls Tropical Fusion green shade. The only true difference is mac's version is a tad frostier. Check out the swatches below.

large-929.jpg

Your not only getting Gulf Stream but, Submarine too. Two MAC eye shadows at $36.00 + Tropical Fusion Quad $4.99 = $31.00 savings. The blue isn't a 100 percent dupe like Gulf Stream but, it's pretty darn close. Submarine is a tad on the navy side and frostier. Fab and Flashy is a tangerine shade compared to covergirls orange/coral. Covergirls version is really pretty but no pigmentation and staying power along with the yellow shade. The yellow texture was just plain awful. A matte that is chalky and has no pigmentation at all. Eyepopping is a gorgeous bumble bee colored shade that looks gorgeous with greens. It's classified more as an lime green, but appears more yellow on my NC30. Although eyepopping is a limited edition it's still available on ebay and resonably priced too. Just make sure it's a trusted MAC seller.

Source

------------------------

Had to share this because I know there are some drugstore brand fans.

I really wanna try those shades from CG... I haven't tried their things in ages, so I don't remember if they were any good. I figure with a primer + base?

i've been eyeing these but wasnt sure whether to get these or not. its worth a shot trying, since it is only five dollars
smile.gif
thanks for the info!

I was for sure not even going to consider buying this palette until I saw these swatches. Big props to CG for turning up the pigment in these.

I'm scared to go with the covergirl because their coverage is not as good .. and its off my eyes halfway through the day. I don't buy mac either, the only expensive stuff I buy is dior, but I'd rather get a powder eyeshadow that I know will have good coverage.

Maybe covergirl has changed, but I've tried their eyeshadows before and they look too translucent :/

Originally Posted by coke /img/forum/go_quote.gif I'm scared to go with the covergirl because their coverage is not as good .. and its off my eyes halfway through the day. I don't buy mac either, the only expensive stuff I buy is dior, but I'd rather get a powder eyeshadow that I know will have good coverage.
Maybe covergirl has changed, but I've tried their eyeshadows before and they look too translucent :/

I don't think they have changed much. I have seen these new palettes, but every time i get a CG product their quality majorly disappoints. Maybe if I had UDPP I could make them work.

I've seen this quad at the store, and I've been tempted to buy it because I love those colors. I'm not a big Covergirl fan, but I guess it wouldn't hurt to try these out since they're a great price. I love all four of the colors
biggrin.gif

Lol Celly, I thought it was your blog at first and at the end I was like WTF is she talking about... she just said she has them?!?

Sorry. I've been eyeing it too, but only cause the colors attract my ADD attn. But I have that shade of blue and I'm not interested in yellow or orange. I am still eyeing a turquoise single e/s they just came out with.

Thanks celly! I feel like I am constantly wasting money on cheaper alternatives that turn out to disappoint me...I really appreciate the swatches!

Originally Posted by internetchick /img/forum/go_quote.gif Has anyone here actually tried these yet? I am curious as to the quality. I haven't tried the quad she mentioned but I did buy a single... I think it was called Lime Sizzle, or something with Lime in it. It's a very bright green and I loved it... it's a little bright but if you pair it with a brown or deep blue, it's beautiful! The pigment was great too... just prime your eye first or layer up on the eyeshadow. Either way, I'll be buying more!

Originally Posted by tkayef83 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I haven't tried the quad she mentioned but I did buy a single... I think it was called Lime Sizzle, or something with Lime in it. It's a very bright green and I loved it... it's a little bright but if you pair it with a brown or deep blue, it's beautiful! The pigment was great too... just prime your eye first or layer up on the eyeshadow. Either way, I'll be buying more! Thanks!

Back