Nail polish hoarders...

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Okay, you might not be one, but I am LOL! I want to know how you store your NP, and if possible, add pics. I've ran out of room for the 60+ polishes I have, and my wishlist is longer than the current amount I have. Yes, they do all get used as I do my nails weekly... So pathetic I am!

Anywho! I'm looking for ideas on how to store them using minimal space, yet being functional. KWIM?

You've got way more than I do.

I keep mine in the medicine cabinet in my spare bathroom.

well, i have a 2 meters long closet, so i have space ! lol. anyway, i dedicated one drawer to my makeup stuff. i covered it to protect it from anything breaking or spilling. then i had those agnes b plastic cups (square) that i didn't use. i store about 3 to 5 nail polishes in each, depending on the size of the bottle.

you havem ore than I do but I keep mine in a basket in my bathroom closet...I think the closet is for towels but one row to towels the rest to beauty
smile.gif

Where are you currently storing them?

I have nail polish carousels for my OPI polishes. This is a pic of the ones I have and they hold 30 polishes per carousel. (It also spins like a real carousel! hehe)

SmallRoratingRack.jpg

I also have just a regular nail polish stand, similar to this.

36PieceRack.jpg

I then keep all these on a low shelf in my wardrobe. I then pull them out for when I have clients and they sit on the mani table.

I spose mine are more for aesthetics rather than storage, even though they double as both, if you have the room for stands, than go for it. Just thought I'd show you how I store mine.. I have stacks too!

Here's some more functional ideas. I know this is how some girls I studied nails with store theirs.

Nikki keeps hers standing upright in these type of boxes from Ikea. Then she just has them sitting in the bottom of a cupboard when she doesn't need them.

71853_PE187472_S3.jpg

And Danni has hers in these style of boxes, also from Ikea.

though she now wants to get this one, so she can organise her polishes into colour groups.

35778_PE126676_S3.jpg

Another girl from class used to store hers in something like this, amongst all her other nail products.

A2DrawerStorage3.JPG

I hope you get some ideas from all that rambling!

Originally Posted by Bec688 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Where are you currently storing them?
I have nail polish carousels for my OPI polishes. This is a pic of the ones I have and they hold 30 polishes per carousel. (It also spins like a real carousel! hehe)

http://www.americanbeauty.com.au/cat...ratingRack.jpg

I also have just a regular nail polish stand, similar to this.

http://www.americanbeauty.com.au/cat...6PieceRack.jpg

I then keep all these on a low shelf in my wardrobe. I then pull them out for when I have clients and they sit on the mani table.

I spose mine are more for aesthetics rather than storage, even though they double as both, if you have the room for stands, than go for it. Just thought I'd show you how I store mine.. I have stacks too!

Here's some more functional ideas. I know this is how some girls I studied nails with store theirs.

Nikki keeps hers standing upright in these type of boxes from Ikea. Then she just has them sitting in the bottom of a cupboard when she doesn't need them.

http://www.ikea.com/PIAimages/71853_PE187472_S3.jpg

And Danni has hers in these style of boxes, also from Ikea.

http://www.ikea.com/PIAimages/35777_PE126675_S3.jpg

though she now wants to get this one, so she can organise her polishes into colour groups.

http://www.ikea.com/PIAimages/35778_PE126676_S3.jpg

Another girl from class used to store hers in something like this, amongst all her other nail products.

http://www.tcinz.co.nz/images/A2DrawerStorage3.JPG

I hope you get some ideas from all that rambling!

Where did you get the carousel? I love it.

Mari, I got it from a beauty supplier in Sydney. It was pricey..about $60, but it's sturdy and spins lol Plus it looks great on my mani table.

OMG! I LOVE the carousel! Too perfect! I love those IKEA storage boxes, which my friend houses her MU stash in. Alas, my nearest IKEA is like 3 hours away, and it costs more to have those shipped to me than to drive and get them
frown.gif

Awww that sucks then
frown.gif
Maybe you might be able to find something similar closer to home? Is your hubby handy...he could make you one? lol

Originally Posted by Bec688 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Mari, I got it from a beauty supplier in Sydney. It was pricey..about $60, but it's sturdy and spins lol Plus it looks great on my mani table. hhhmmm I am gonna have to check on Ebay or maybe talk to my nail tech and see if she can hook me up.

Originally Posted by Bec688 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Awww that sucks then
frown.gif
Maybe you might be able to find something similar closer to home? Is your hubby handy...he could make you one? lol My FIL works with wood, and so does a guy from work. Maybe I'll pester someone into it for an X-Mas gift LOL!

I used to have about 80-90 bottles of nail polish when I lived in South Korea. I bought them all there. Then, I heard somewhere that some foreign countries used formaldehyde or something in their nail polish so I threw them all out.

Sucks too...after the exchange rate, they only cost me about 60 cents a bottle.

Now, I probably only own about 5 bottles, but I can't really wear too many colors because of my job. If I mark the cards on accident, I can get in trouble.

It's a great box Emily. Cute but practical! If I didn't already have the carousels I'd have mine in something like that. Gotta love Ikea
wink.gif

old post but I think I want a nail polish rack. I figure if I can see what colors I have I will stop buying the same colors over and over again.

It does help! I know I have accidently doubled up on a few shades before. Being the nerd I am, I now have a spreadsheet. Including info like, brand, shade, collection... lol

LOL bec thats such a good idea! i might start doing that before i forget what all my opi minis are!

i just have mine in one of those storage boxes like you posted up there. i have one for opi and essie, one for drugstore.

Back