Is this the wrong red for me?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

internetchick

Beauty Blogger
Reaction score
It seems kind of bright, but then again I tend to wear pretty pale colors on my lips. I was thinking of attempting pin up style makeup, but I only have this one red lipstick. Is it too bright? I think it might need to be a shade or two darker.

BTW, I know my expression looks weird. I look like someone poked me from behind.
biggrin.gif
It's cracking me up, so I decided to use it.

img2580yk4.jpg

Even more than the color i was thinking what a nice lip shape you have.

i agree with the rest. maybe if u do a thin layer of a lipstick that is one shade darker than your natural lip color first? that way when u layer the red over it, the color won't be too bright =] let me know if that works!

I think it looks lovely on you. It's very bold. One shade darker I'm sure would look just as nice, though.

I think with the right makeup it works. I like the bright red in contrast to your dark hair

Yup agreed,one shade darker,but ecven this one looks pretty for special occasions.

I do like this colour but I think a slightly bluer red could look pretty on you too.

I agree with Darla, you have a gorgeous lip shape!

What does everyone have against bright red? lol!

I think it looks great! But you could pull off a darker shade too, if you wanted to.

I love that red but I also agree that a bit darker would look even better on you!! IMHO....

maybe if you used a SLIGHTLY darker liner like mac's brick liner. that way it gives a lil more color, but also the definition and the lasting power. would add a lil more dimension with the different shades

Like everyone else has already said, a little darker would probably work best but imo, this doesn't look bad at all. who says you have to wear just one type of red
wink.gif

Latest posts

Back