Best drugstore facial moisturizer

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
what is the best drugstore facial moisturizer for oily skin? i'm about to run out of my other moisturizer and that means time to buy a new one
smile.gif

i went out today and i just decided to buy clean and clear advantage oil-free acne moisturizer. since my face is oily and i occasionally break out, i bought this in hopes that it would help. if i don't like it, i could always return it.. heh

be sure to let us know how it works for you. moisturizer is the one thing i don't buy for the drugstore, so i'd be very interested. i have oily, acne prone skin as well.

Try Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti-Wrinkle Cream. This cream is fragrance-free as well as oil-free and comes with an SPF 15 sunscreen. One of the ingredients, which make it so effective, is retinol, which helps to reduce wrinkles and lines. Another highly rated moisturizer is Dove Sensitive Facial Lotion, which also comes fragrance and oil-free and with a sunscreen. This lotion is great for sensitive skin.

I like Cetaphil too, but now I buy the generic cetaphil copycat brands from CVS, Publix, Target etc since they work just as well and cost less.

Originally Posted by x33cupcake /img/forum/go_quote.gif does cetaphil have a moisturizer aimed at oily skin? Based on what I saw, they all seemed to be for normal to dry skin. I checked their site, but wasn't able to pin-point one for normal to oily, or combo skin. Although, I reckon this would be the one to use: Cetaphil® Daily Facial Moisturizer SPF 15 with Parsol® 1789. It's supposed to be suitable for all skin types (second to last listed).

i tried the one Aquilah mentioned.. it was way too greasy for me. i have really oily skin. i've yet to find a good moisturizer for oily skin from the drugstore, sorry i can't be much of a help.

i use Clinique's Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel at night and MAC's Oil Control Lotion in the morning. i find OCL to be worth the extra $$$.. it doesn't dispense much product at a pump, it spreads easily on the face so a little goes a long way, and it helps keep my oilies at bay longer, so you get more bang for your buck
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by monniej /img/forum/go_quote.gif be sure to let us know how it works for you. moisturizer is the one thing i don't buy for the drugstore, so i'd be very interested. i have oily, acne prone skin as well. so what kind of moisturizer do you buy? and does it work well for you?

Originally Posted by x33cupcake /img/forum/go_quote.gif so what kind of moisturizer do you buy? and does it work well for you? i use sundari neem and avocado moisturizer and derma anti aging moisturizer w/spf 15. they work great together and individually. i love them both. my sundari is pretty expense. i've tried a few times to switch and my skin had some serious issues. i always go back to it. my only issue, besides the cost, was the fact that it didn't have a sun screen. that's when i added the derma e. i use it on top of the sundari, then apply my makeup. not one breakout! my skin is doing great and my makeup looks fantastic. both have become my hg moisturizers!

If you want a moisturizer plus SPF 28...Garnier has an excellent one. I'm oily skinned and blemish prone...doesn't add shine for me at all.

My favourites that doesn't leave a greasy feel are clean and clear's dual action moisturizer (i always come back to this one sometime) and I just started using jamieson's vitamin E daily defense balacing moisture lotion. They both absorb really quickly and it feels like there's nothing on your skin without a tight feel. (I'd only recommend these for really oily skin)

I have been having the same problem all my life...cannot find a good moisturizer that's good for my oily skin. I have tried everything from the drug stores...so I can only speak for department stores brand names at this point. For me what has worked the best is either the Sephora daily moisturizer for oily skin (I think...$10????) and definitely BLISS Steep Cream ($40). A little pricier but definitely no oil for a whole day...with mineral make up on top.

Another great product is MAC's primer with SPF50. It works as a moisturizer and a primer and of course it has the much needed SPF. I think it's the best for me and combined with either the BLISS or SEPHORA prementioned products there is great oil control.

Originally Posted by reesesilverstar /img/forum/go_quote.gif Another vote for cetaphil you're skin looks flawless...

btw, I use cetaphil and pond's dy skin cream- which is safe to use on your face

I use one by Olay that's meant for oily skin. As far as i can tell, it doesn't make me oilier but it doesn't do anything to help prevent my skin from getting greasier either.

Latest posts

Back