Coming to L.A. Aug 26th-31st

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Can you believe it? The L.A. trip I won back in November 07 is finally happening. I had originally won a Meet & Greet with Rose McGowan in L.A., but that couldn´t be arranged so far, so the people from the contest I won asked if I was ok with us to just fly to L.A instead, without meeting Mrs Who-even-cares McGowan.

I was like "hell to the yes!
rocknroll2.gif

So, my friend Linda and I are going on a fully paid trip to L.A from August 26th to 31st. Flight, hotel, rental car, entrance to the universal studios...all paid. And I´m already working on a massive shopping list, people!!!!!

My fiancé Shawn is just really worried about me since I have never been to L.A. and now we´re probably gonna be driving around there (with navi, of course). But one of his friends lives close to L.A so he´ll take us to the big outlet malls and out to a club one night, since he knows his way around in the city.

Who is excited for me? I´m like this right now:
fly.gif

whoaaa i rememebr that award!! yay for you andi hopw you have the greatest time!

That is sooo awesome Andi! Boo to Rose McGowen for not making an effort though!

What's on your shopping list?
biggrin.gif

We wanna see pics too!

was it really nov 07? it seriously feels like it was only a few months ago! how exciting!! you must be so stoked
smile.gif

enjoy!

Originally Posted by Bec688 /img/forum/go_quote.gif That is sooo awesome Andi! Boo to Rose McGowen for not making an effort though!
What's on your shopping list?
biggrin.gif

We wanna see pics too!

yeah, well she must be too busy. I didn´t know she was THAT big of a star
bootyshake.gif

On my list is:

new digicam (I want a pink one of course lol)

Guess wallet and Guess watch. And I know I´ll have to buy a handbag there too since I wanna go to an Oulet Mall that has a Guess store

lots of stuff from Forever 21, Charlotte Russe, Hollister, Victoria´s Secret/Frederick´s of Hollywood, Sephora and a lot of drugstore stuff

Originally Posted by pinksugar /img/forum/go_quote.gif was it really nov 07? it seriously feels like it was only a few months ago! how exciting!! you must be so stoked
smile.gif

enjoy!

yeah it´s been forever. It was so annoying to be asked "so is your trip ever gonna happen? I bet that whole thing was fake" all the time. I mean I knew it was legit, but they never set a real time period from the beginning.
Yeah, I´m really stoked!

Wohoo! That's so cool. Everything sounds so exciting...makes me kinda jealous
biggrin.gif

Yay Andi! You'll have the greatest time. I absolutely love L.A. and the Sephora's there are HUGE. I had no clue what I was doing either... but it's not too bad to get around. The freeway may be a little scary at first but not really... it's mostly an overwhelming feeling of being in L.A. because it's so much fun.

7b.gif
Very exciting news Andi
11.gif
i bet you will have a blast. If theres any room in your suitcase, can you squeeze me in i promise not to take up to much space and i'll bring my sexy pink digicamera for you too use
rotfl.gif
and i'll even do all the driving haha
racer.gif
(i really enjoyed driving in the states).

I bet you are so excited, cant wait to hear all about it and dont forget to takes loads of pic's. I'm going there next year, so look forward to hearing about all the great stuff there is to see and do
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Sarah84 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
7b.gif
Very exciting news Andi
11.gif
i bet you will have a blast. If theres any room in your suitcase, can you squeeze me in i promise not to take up to much space and i'll bring my sexy pink digicamera for you too use
rotfl.gif
and i'll even do all the driving haha
racer.gif
(i really enjoyed driving in the states).
I bet you are so excited, cant wait to hear all about it and dont forget to takes loads of pic's. I'm going there next year, so look forward to hearing about all the great stuff there is to see and do
smile.gif

very cool, I´ll make sure to give you a nice preview with my pics. Since I´m getting a new digicam I´m sure I will be taking pictures like crazy. My old one could only hold like 80 pictures, so I was very limited.

Originally Posted by bella1342 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Yay Andi! You'll have the greatest time. I absolutely love L.A. and the Sephora's there are HUGE. I had no clue what I was doing either... but it's not too bad to get around. The freeway may be a little scary at first but not really... it's mostly an overwhelming feeling of being in L.A. because it's so much fun. oh, I have that overwhelmed feeling already. Just driving a car, on my own (well, with my friend) in the US always feels like freedom somehow.
My Sephora list is actually somewhat small, but god knows once I´m actually in there I am never gonna stick to my list

Originally Posted by Tony(admin) /img/forum/go_quote.gif You'll love it here then. It's a great time of the year out here in Southern CA. Watch out for these. yeah, Shawn told me about it today. I´ve only felt one earthquake in my life, here in Austria...but it was barely noticeable

Yeah she's prob. too busy giving Robert Rodriguez ass and stealing other women's hubby...too bad she turned out being no good cuz she's really pretty, and mean pretty people suck! But yeah...

I LOOOVE L.A. man, and I hope you will too
smile.gif
Warning though, it's quite dingy.

So since I'm like a week new here, just wondering...what kind of contest did you win?

Oooh you should also stop by Kat Von D's tattoo shop High Voltage! Hopefully she's there, she's always encouraging people on her myspace page to stop by. I always hear nothing but good thing about her and her sweet heart.

As for shopping, hit up the allies in the fashion district! So many shops and cool things for really low prices! Everything from fabric to shoes to electronics! They usually have lower end make up, but some of the shops have an amazing selection of NYX make up, I LOVE the glitters.

Here's to having a great time in the city that has my heart, even w/o husband stealing ass chin McGowin!
rocknroll2.gif

[lol, yeah I'm harsh when I don't like people, but I usually like everybody
biggrin.gif
]

Latest posts

Back