What are the Chances?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
on the radio today was a section about massive coincidences!

there was one story about a woman who had come to australia from italy via a boat when she was a baby. She was showing her husband some photos of the trip, and...

get this!

there was a photo of her as a baby, in her mother's arms, and in the SAME PHOTO, a picture of her husband, as a baby, in HIS mother's arms! they didn't know each other before they were adults!

what are the chances of that?

I thought it might be fun to share our 'what are the chances' experiences in a thread
biggrin.gif

I don't have any, but my one of my current professors said she saw a picture of her mother as a child in the history textbook she was teaching out of!

I remember being in yearbook class with a friend of mine in HS, and we were looking through old yearbooks. It was 1976, and my dad's picture was right there with the hippy hair cut and moustache alongside with my uncle. Of course, the uncanny part was my friend's mom was pictured right next to my dad and her name was Angela. Huh, it makes me wonder if my dad had a thing for his mom since my name is Angela...lol. Weird!

Bummer, I wish I had a story.
frown.gif
But I can't believe that about the man and wife. How neat!

Cool stories!

My dad works at a school near where my husband's family lived. After he and I met, he told me he had seen my dad before. I guess my dad had kicked him out of the school property years before I met him for skateboarding. lol

I love hearing stories like that!

I'm such a nerd.
7b.gif

My hubby's friend told me that he modeled as a baby/kid and one time his gf's mom showed him pictures of his gf. And apparently they were modeling together in some pictures. I thought that was cute. But then again he's a jerk and has had a lot of gf's ( I have no IDEA how).
kopfkratz.gif

I met my wife once when we were in college and forgot about it...when we were in law school we met again on a blind date. Turns out we are distant cousins (Her grandfather's brother married my grandmother's sister).

This is a great thread! I met Bryan in 1994 at work and we were just on friendly terms and then he moved to Kinder,LA. In 2000 I moved back to PA and one of my friends from Mississippi IMed to tell me Bryan was getting a divorce. It took me over three years to find his street address online but I wrote him a casual one page letter. As of January 10,2009 we will be married four years!

What are the chances of meeting two guys from the same exact area, who have the same birth sign since they're born in the same month only days and years apart, and meeting them 932 miles away from where they're from? Slim I'm sure, but it's what happened to me!

great stories !

after my aunt died a few years ago, my uncle started meeting people online, and he met the woman who was going to be my actual aunt. it turned out they were practically neighbours, their kids would go at school with each other, they even met in the past. my aunt was divorced for many years, and didn't expect to find another husband, especially close to where she was living.

The only one I can think of is.

I knew this guy in middle school and I had this huge crush on him and I guess he was my bf at some point. Well after middle school the county changed boundaries for our schools so I had to go to a different high school then all of my friends because of where I lived. I hadn't seen or talked to this guy since middle school.

Well my now bf used to have parties at his house every weekend and he lives about 45 minutes away from where I was living which is another 20 minutes from where this guy from middle school lived.

So a few months after my bf and I were together I was sitting on the couch during one of his parties and I go to the bathroom. When I came out my bf comes up and says this guy just asked him if my name was Chelsey, well turns out that this kid from middle school that lives like 60 miles away was at my bfs party. This was about 4-5 years since I last talked to this guy.

It was just so strange to run into him at my boyfriends party. It's such a small world its crazy.

Mine isn't that good, but a few years ago I worked at a conveniance store and my fiance would come in there all the time while I was working. A few years later he moved in my apartment complex and we started dating and now we're getting married.

After my father died, I got copies of his birth certificate (he was adopted when he was 4 or 5). I found out he was the 6th child, so I started looking on the internet for any information on the older children from his birth parents. I must have posted somewhere looking for lost relative. So a few years go by and I get an email from a lady looking for my father. She was the wife of a man that was born after my father was adopted. He said that his mother always talked to him about "Arthur", which was my dads birth name. I will always wonder why my dad was adopted and his younger brother Luther was not. Any way my mother still gets christmas cards from Uncle Luther and his wife, but we have never met them.

My other short story is: met my kids dad on Nov. 3rd 1988 and we went out for the first time on Nov. 5th. My daughter was born on Nov. FOURTH 1992! I always thought that was kinda weird.

^^ You just reminded me, my husband and his uncle share the same birthday lol. Hubby's uncle said when he went to see my MIL after hubby was born her told her "Thanks for the birthday present."
biggrin.gif

These are really cool!! I don't have any coincidences that I can remember... No one I knew is related to any one I know.. Lol.

My Fabrique relatives did come over from France during the revolutionary war.... Maybe Aude and I are related? Hahaha.

wow..these are crazy! mine is a little wierd, 3 guys i dated not only had the same zodiac sign, but the same exact b-day!! i ended up having quite long relationships with all three of these guys, & i never knew about their birthdays until i really got to know them..it's not something i usually ask someone on a first date.."what's your b-day?" but anymore, i'm almost positive they're gonna be an aries!
smile.gif

Ooh I have a really good story to tell (though not as good as the baby picture thing).

My parents worked in the labor fields for a couple of years when I born. They traveled all up and down the east coast for whatever was in season. The funny thing is so did my husband's parents. Apparently, when our parents met for the first time and talked, they realized they actually stayed at the same camps as we did. When you work in a labor field, they owner of the farm area provides for the housing and everything and you basically stay there til the seasons over. They knew several owners by name (one paticular guy named Ramon was actually a good friend of theirs). So we had a lot of common in our backgrounds.

Me and my husband are a year apart and we both were born in North Carolina. Our next siblings who are both only 3 months apart, were born in Virginia and our family settled in south carolina where my youngest brother was born and his family settled in a town right up the road from us.

There was a time where we actually lived a couple blocks from them in Bradenton/Palmetto FL! His older brother and sister were born there. It was literally like our families were always traveling to the same places with the same people. I thought it was pretty eerie but kinda cool. For all we know we do have some pictures together and don't even know it LOL

Latest posts

Back