Beauty's Best Sellers - Lips & Eyes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Beauty's Best Sellers
Thirty of America's favorites, all under $40
Melissa Matthews
We all have our can't-live-without beauty products, be it that fail-proof mascara or that hair-saving frizz-fighter. But have you ever wondered about the secret must-haves that make up other women’s beauty arsenals? We polled top makeup, skin care and hair companies to find out what their best sellers really are. What we found? Some usual suspects…and a few hidden gems!

Lips: Lipcolor
You may think of red as the old standby when it comes to lipcolor, but pink is what we're really wearing—must be the youthful glow it creates.
072320081729507220.jpg

1. CoverGirl Lip Slicks in Clear; $3.10 at drugstores
2. L'Oréal Paris Colour Riche Nurturing & Protective Lipcolour in Tickled Pink; $8.95 at drugstores
3. E.L.F. (eyes lips face) Super Glossy Lip Shine SPF 15 in Pink Kiss; $1 at eyeslipsface.com
4. Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Blushed; $8 at drugstores
5. IsaDora Mega Wet Gloss Lasting Shine in Iced Pink; $13 at cosmeticmall.com

Eyes: Shadow
072320081729519964.jpg

Wet n Wild Ultimate Expressions Palette has eight shadows that work as liners too—just wet the brush. $5 at drugstores

Eyes: Eyeliner
072320081729518499.jpg

Create a smoky eye by smudging on Avon Glimmersticks Eye Liner in Blackest Black. $6 at avon.com

Eyes: Mascara
072320081729516171.jpg

Our list wouldn't be complete without Maybelline New York Great Lash Mascara. It's been a best-seller for as long as we can remember. $6 at drugstores

SOURCE

I didn't know Great Lash was still so popular...besides the cute packaging I've never been a big fan of it.

I'm suprised about the Great Lash too. But I totally agree about that wet-n-wild palette, its awesome!

same here for the great lash, the packaging is cute, but it's far from my favorite mascara.

Great Lash always seems to show up on every list as the #1 mascara (or drugstore brand at least). I tried it once LONG ago, and couldn't stand it. I know Monnie likes it a lot.

Great Lash was the first mascara I ever used at 11 years old, no doubt lured by the pink tube
smile.gif
However, even back then I remember being disappointed, thinking, "Isn't it supposed to do more than that??"

I still do not care for it.

I have that WnW palette and it's amazing. I don't like the highlight shades because they're glittery but the other colours are really pigmented and last with primer.

i have bought great lash tons of times when i was in a hurry and didnt have a mascara, so i have like 5 tubes laying around. I think its decent. It is however the best selling. I would attribute it to the marketing rather than the product

great lash is still my hg mascara for lashes and brows!

Originally Posted by Aquilah /img/forum/go_quote.gif Great Lash always seems to show up on every list as the #1 mascara (or drugstore brand at least). I tried it once LONG ago, and couldn't stand it. I know Monnie likes it a lot. yup, that is so true! lol~

I tried Great Lash after reading so many great reviews and was profoundly disappointed. It's just a very plain mascara (no offense to anyone who loves it). But for me, it did absolutely nothing. :-(

Yea, i also always see great lash on the top of any mascara list but when i personally hear from people, it seems more people hate it than love it.

I'm actually surprised that the E.L.F $1 lipgloss is up there.

As for Great Lash I think that it's a good everyday lipgloss but there are others I prefer.

This mascara is average at best. I so want to love it b/c of reviews but it falls short for me.

Latest posts

Back