Oil-free, great coverage, matting foundation? ;D

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Yea, I'm so demanding ...

but I finally determinated myself to get rid of my whiteheads, so I definitely can't use a foundation that contains oil (MAC's Studio Fix literally killed my skin), but to cover current whiteheads and a lot of discolorations left after zits I need a great coverage and I also would love something that dries my skin a little.

Everytime I find a foundation that's oil-free and mattes skin it gives only a medium coverage. And reverse... Estee Lauder's Double Wear that seemed to be perfect doesn't even offer a shade for me ;[

Help me, girls!

Ashley beat me to it! lol. I was going to recommend MUFE as well.
smile.gif

How do you pick a shade? It looks interesting, but I wouldn't be able to pick online.

Originally Posted by internetchick /img/forum/go_quote.gif How do you pick a shade? It looks interesting, but I wouldn't be able to pick online. Definitely helps to be in store. Their packaging doesn't make it any easier too, so you really have to do swatches in store.

Try a mineral foundation! Or, if you prefer liquid, check out Lancome Teint Idole Ultra or MUFE Velvet Mat+.

I love CHANEL's Mat Lumiere Foundation! It has a really natural looking finish, offers medium to full coverage, and mattifies natural oils. Plus, after using it for a few days my skin felt much softer.

I like Mary Kay's Medium Coverage Foundation. It's oil free and has yellow undertones, which is good in my case. I use it whenever I want a matte look. MUFE's looks interesting I'll have to check it out when I find a store
smile.gif

My mother uses esteelauder doublewear

its amazing

but if you cant get a shade to suit you..

then maybe

Maybelline dream matte mousse would be good?

they have quite a range of shades

x

Does MUFE's shades have yellow undertones?

That's also a problem for me... I am Beyonce skintone with very strong yellow undertones.

Definitely MUFE is a great choice for a liquid foundation. I had the same problem. I wanted full coverage, oil free and mattifying and of course a yellow undertone. After having used practically everything (MAC, MUFE etc...) I finally switched to BE minerals. For me it works the best...and especially with their latest shade which is an exact match on my skin I totally love it.

I am not allergic to bismuth or mica..or anything else that might cause allergies to others, therefore I can only speak for myself. But if you'd like to try it, go ahead and see for yourself.

I found Double Wear to be waay too thick for me after trying the sample I felt like I had a mask on my face...but it was good for oily skin.

Try Everyday Minerals. I love their makeup it's all natural and when you go on their site you can get a free sample, which is really good, I get one everytime I order, it's free and all you have to pay for is the shipping. Try It!

I also heard good things about Pur MInerals as well.

I have this problem as well, so I will consider the MUFE foundation! thanks gals!!

I have to bump the thread.

So I went to Sephora today and the girl put the Mat Velvet + on me.

They didn't have my shade, but just to try on.

Anyway, the Sephora girl said that she would advise me against it, because Mat Velvet is too "dull" for my face with eczemas, the foundation would collect in my pimples.

She recommended me to get HD Foundation instead, because it's more fluid and still gives a great coverage. ...OK, so, it does. My skin was almost flawless, almost though.

That foundation settles on my whiteheads and is kind of cakey.

However, here I am a couple of hours after and my skin is o-i-l-y.

The case with me, is that I am not normally an oily girl, rather combination, but those are foundations that make my face get oily. When I don't have make up on, my skin is just normal. There is something in ingredients. I thought it's oil, but MUFE HD is supposed to be oil-free.

Maybe I would get that MUFE HD Foundation, but I'd put on some good matting base before? What you think, ladies?

I'ma go to Sephora again and check other your recommendations, Lancome Teint Idole and CHANEL Mat Lumiere, however I think I will go with minerals, I have no choice.

So far I stood away from mineral foundations because I was suspicious about coverage... I just can't imagine how powder foundations can give full, and I mean full, coverage.

I'd be grateful for some help on choosing such one.

P.S. What about NARS liquid foundation??! It is oil-free.

Back