HELP!eyebrow bother

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well.. this probably sounds really stupid and sadistic
unsure.gif

but .. i haven't got much space between my eyes and my eyebrows so if i every did a look with more than one colour i would basically be going onto my eyebrow.. and that's not cool..

and i'm unsure how to pluck my brows..

little help here?

I'd have a professional wax them once to get the shape and then you could pluck the stray hairs yourself as they grew in.

Originally Posted by S. Lisa Smith /img/forum/go_quote.gif I'd have a professional wax them once to get the shape and then you could pluck the stray hairs yourself as they grew in. I think that's an excellent idea.

Originally Posted by S. Lisa Smith /img/forum/go_quote.gif I'd have a professional wax them once to get the shape and then you could pluck the stray hairs yourself as they grew in. I agree also. Once the shape is right, you'll probably find room above the crease for the contrasting color.

Wax sounds good, or if you prefer other eyebrow hair removal methods, you can consider tweezing or threading as well, done by a professional of course since you are not certain how to proceed as of now. After that, you can groom them yourself by following the shape already done by the professional. I still always get them done profesisonally by tweezing, because I'm hopeless at doing them myself- they look a mess when I attempt to do them.

i'm 13 and my mom wont let me do anything with my eyebrows so i cant get a poroessional wax
frown.gif

hmmm..

i ve an idea for u it may sound a bit complex

first define ur eyebrow shape with whatever u prefer brow pencil or powder.. n then cover the stray hairs with a bit of concealer n make sure u blend it well so now what u have is that u look like u plucked ur eyebrows but u ddnt !!

then apply a highlighter eyeshadow on ur brow bone.. so now u covered the hairs n u ve more space to work with..!!

I hope i explained this well :S

plz try this n show me pics !!

well...i would talk her into letting you do it! lol that's just me. there are lots of tutorials on how to tweeze your eyebrows. (some here on mut) you could go by those. but instead of you attempting & possibly screwing them up, i'd try to persuade your momma into the waxing!

That sucks, I would try talking her into it. Insist day after day lol. Also, offer to pay for it, maybe then she will be more willing.

Can you just go yourself? When I was younger if I needed to wax or get my nails done and everybody was telling me no, I just saved up my money and went myself.

Or you could take a dive and attempt to do them yourself. Take a dark eyeliner pencil and very sharply define the shape you want. It will look really weird but then you see the shape and pluck all the hairs outside of it. If you can't seem to get a good shape yourself, they do sell eyebrow stencils pretty cheap at drugstores, Walmart, you can fill that in over your existing brows, and pluck everything that isn't filled in. Hope you get what I mean!

Originally Posted by Gee-Bubz-xO /img/forum/go_quote.gif i'm 13 and my mom wont let me do anything with my eyebrows so i cant get a poroessional wax
frown.gif
Hmm...is it because she's afraid you'll get them done too thin, or she thinks groomed eyebrows will make you look too grown up? I only had my brows groomed when I was 15 or 16 for the first time, I didn't ask permission from my mom, she would have said 'no', I just went and do it anyway and came home with new brows
laughing.gif
If she is very against you having your brows done professionally, you could borrow a simple book on eyebrow grooming from the library and have a go yourself. But if you have very think and bushy brows like my, I highly recommend you try to convince your mom to allow you to get it done professionally at least once because busy brows then to be harder to tackle yourself, especially if you have no experience with grooming them before, which was my case when I was 15 or 16.

Lisa gave great advice, that's what I did when I first started doing my eyebrows.

You should try and talk your Mum into letting you get your eyebrows waxed, just tell her that it's better that you get it done professionally to start with than doing it yourself and potentially messing your eyebrows up. Then when you've had them waxed you'll get a basic idea of the shape and you can just pluck the strays yourself after that
smile.gif

Back