Sign in to follow this  
Ashley

MAC and Hello Kitty?

Wow... seems like a collection almost everyone will love. If this is true, I agree it will sell out immediately. Look how fast heatherette sold out, and there wasn't anything majorly special about that. Can't wait to see it.

as much as i love Hello Kitty, i'd have to first see the collection to decide if i want to buy some stuff. but if it's pretty, i totally see myself buying some items.

Wow! I love Hello Kitty. I carry my makeup in a Hello Kitty bag... smile.gif I have only used mmu recently but this collection would definitely make me go back to MAC. wink.gif

I think it'd be really cute ... I'm more of a Pachocco fan so if ever they do a collaboration - they should include all HK characters and then I'll be interested!

It looks like Sanrio was an it thing for all us at one point or another, haha.

I'm pretty excited by the idea of that. You can totally tell that it would be a big seller and I can imagine the packaging would be really cute. But I really can't say that I would buy any of it untill I had seen it if indeed it does even happen. I don't like the idea of buying something just because of the name that's been slapped on it or because the box looks nice. I try not to buy too much into the hype surrounding things and just let the actual products speak for themselves.

that sounds awesome i'm sure it'll look really cute. but what's still most important to me is the color of the products so i'dhave to see if it's something i like.

Originally Posted by internetchick View Post
I have the Hello Kitty credit card. redface.gif It came with a free Hello Kitty business card holder lol.

I majorly heart Hello Kitty.

AH!!! LUCKY!!!

Wow. I have to give it to MAC. They sure know how to create pandemonium.

...damn, I would break down and go buy it just 'cause HK is on the packaging.

I'M WEAK!!!!!!!

om i looove hello kitty! i've never tried anything from MAC but if they had something i thought i'd use, i'd totally try it and if i liked it, buy it out. ohwho am i kidding, i'd buy things on the offchance that i'd want them in the future, hello kitty triggers my impulse spending.

Originally Posted by Ashley View Post
"Excuse us while we delve into some total rumormongering for a moment: We've been hearing that Hello Kitty would be launching a limited-edition makeup collection with M.A.C in 2009, so, unable to take the whispers any longer, we broke down and finally made some phone calls. And? A M.A.C representative would neither confirm nor deny the deal. Huh! If our fluency in flack-ese is as solid as we think it is, this sounds like the classic non-denial denial — so, you know. Assuming this isn't just a figment of our hallucinations, the collaboration could mean big profits, especially considering the cartoon feline's die-hard groupies and M.A.C's loyal legions."

SOURCE via Specktra

Would you like to see a MAC and Hello Kitty collaboration?

HELL YESSSSSSSSSSS!!! I would buy the entire collection!!! I love hello kitty!!!

7b.gif i cannot shut my mouth right now!!! i am so excited to see it actually hapen that would be so great! i love hello kitty and mac!and them b oth together OMG

UPDATE: Hey guys, look at what I just read:

MacNeill59:

"welllll....I have terrible memory, comes from going to college in NYC....nuf said. Anyways, I do know that in the hello kitty there was a bright orange shimmery lipglass, a bright blue-purple shimmery lipglass, a bright pink blush, but the eyes were pretty toned down. There was a dark, shimmery purple, not surprising as there have been alot of dark eyes this fashion week. I think a pale pink too....."

SOURCE

Ok I know that the line probably would be very pretty I am excited too, but has anyone though about HELLO KITTY she doesn't even have a mouth, so Im wondering if they are going to have lipsticks or glosses that's estrange, the barbie collection was pretty too but barbie is barbie and hello kitty I don't know don't think I am giving a negative opinion but I think is a little weird!!!

I don't think hello kitty will model it .. hello kitty is a style and movement. The whole japanese/kawaii thing would be the theme of the promo shots I think.

Other collabs:

hello-kitty-couture.jpg

hello kitty for dior

tokidokiforhellokittybag.jpg

hello kitty/Tokidoki