Addicted to forums which further my addictions?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Not chemical addictions.... More mental addictions.....

I just found another forum today and I've been on it most of the day... Blackberryforums.com... And I've found out so much about my new 8700 its unbelievable... And its full of crazy people addicted to their crackberrys.... But the more I look around at the people that post there... And here and the other sites I frequent... Its appearent at least for me.... I'm addicted to the forums that concentrate on what I'm addicted to...

For me its of coarse Makeup... Crossdressing and my Blackberry.. And I have forums for each one that I'm addicted to... And they are all some how interrelated.. Lol. I find that I go visit other forums once in a while to get a specific piecce of info... How to fix a car or how to hang a door.. But its these main ones I can't get enough of...

So is it just me?? Anyone have multiple addictions and coresponding forums for each?

not just you. I'm on a running forum as well as here. I still prefer this forum for most things though, the running forum, people can be a little bit *****y or superior. I find that the caring attitude and no-drama policy here is really rare in 'forum life' as it were, lol.

So yeah, MUT is my favourite, and then running
biggrin.gif

OH! and I'm a member now at theknot.com (weddings) but I only lurk since I'm one of those creepy single people obsessed with weddings. I just like looking at the pretty clothes, lol!

Hahaha... I like wedding dresses ya know!! You shouldn't have given me that web site, Rosie!! One mopre thing to opbsess over... And yeah!! MUT is the best...

Unfortunately there is no forum dedicated to cocaine. Haha I kid! The only forum I'm on is MUT, I used to be on some fashion forum but it was dead. Glad I found this site though
biggrin.gif

Yep. I am on a curly hair forum, and I go to a purse forum. I have taken a break from the purse forum, because that is a spendy habit lol. I need to resist handbag sales.

Lmao, Laura. No cocaine?

I use to be addicted to this boxing forum from a boxer from the show the Contender. Met a lot of folks through there and still keep in contact with one, the rest are now my immortal enemies lol. The boxer called me several times too - perv, just wanted to get with me and thought his "fame" (pfft) would persuade me. Gross. But I learned about the sport although I stopped being interested.

But a site with total addiction has only been MUT.

I used to be on a crossdressing forum and I am still a member, but I haven't been on there for a year or more. I am a member of a local Transgender forum, it is where I met all of my local friends, there is a chat room and I do go there daily although I do not post much, I do go in the chat room often. I'm a member of a car forum like my car on my profile, I don't go there much either.

Really 90% of my social internet time is devoted to MUT, I just love it and the people here
biggrin.gif

well i belong to a number of forums too. in fact I'm a mod elsewhere as well. But i would say MuT is exceptional for two main reasons. First there is so much going on, so many other forums are so limited in terms of their scope and second people are a lot more civil to each other here. 'Nuff said!

i'm also on jeepin.net/forum. and theknot/thenest, but i'm married so i have an excuse haha

my latest obsession is gizmodo.com

for some reason ive been more into techie type stuff than makeup the past 2 weeks. its really strange.

Alright Rosie - thanks a LOT!
frown.gif

I went on theknot.com and found these wonderful wedding vows. now I wanna get married and I blame you
tongue.gif

Groom

I promise to encourage your compassion,

Because that is what makes you unique and wonderful.

I promise to nurture your dreams,

Because through them your soul shines.

I promise to help shoulder our challenges,

For there is nothing we cannot face if we stand together.

I promise to be your partner in all things,

Not possessing you, but working with you as a part of the whole.

Lastly, I promise to you perfect love and perfect trust,

For one lifetime with you could never be enough.

This is my sacred vow to you, my equal in all things.

Bride

I promise to encourage your individuality,

Because that is what makes you unique and wonderful.

I promise to nurture your dreams,

Because through them your soul shines.

I promise to help shoulder our challenges,

Because through them we'll emerge stronger.

I promise to be your partner in all things,

Not possessing you, but working with you as a part of the whole.

I promise to share with you the joys of life,

Because with you they will be that much sweeter.

Lastly, I promise to you perfect love and perfect trust,

For one lifetime with you could never be enough.

This is my sacred vow to you, my equal in all things

Originally Posted by Retro-Violet /img/forum/go_quote.gif my latest obsession is gizmodo.com
for some reason ive been more into techie type stuff than makeup the past 2 weeks. its really strange.

Have you checked out Engadget or TechCrunch? I heart the Diggnation boys.
rocknroll2.gif

I'm on the knot, also. More now the nest, well they changed it to the bump. For baby reasons...

I'm too addicted to some of the message boards on Imdb. There's one board in particular that I'm trying give up for a while, but I get resist going to see what those a$$hole are saying LOL!

And of course I love Makeup Talk! Everyone here is so nice, and supportive. I've never witnessed any arguments here.
smileno.gif

Oh yea,

Makeup forums

Loc care forums

Guild wars forums

I'm not gonna say which ones out of MUT respect. But they really do "help" with the addictions....

there was a manga forum i was on, it was great when it was new and only a few members were posting, it became less funny and nice after. i can't even remember my username there.

there is another manga forum i am addicted to, lol at first it was one of the forums of a website dedicated to mangas and japanimation, but it was taking so much place on the server we were asked to go elsewhere. now only remain the harcore fans. i know a few of them IRL, we meet up every once in a while, it's fun.

apart from that, MuT gets all my energy and love
wink.gif

Latest posts

Back