First Apartment!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I FINALLY got that apartment/studio! Tomorrow I'm headed to the dollar store to get the basic cleaning supplies and ziplock bags and such.

I've made a list of all the things I can think of (potholders, windex, tissues, toilet cleaner...etc).

What kinds of things did you bring into your first apartment? I know most things are a buy-as-needed basis, but are there some random things that people would never think of, that they really need?

I'm very excited to buy wine glasses and candles (I could never have them on campus!).

Congratulations!

Do you have an Ikea near you? I got a lot of my stuff from there the first time I moved out.

Wanted to add that you should also check out Craigslist's Free Section. Some good stuff on there.

Aw..congrats! I pretty much went and bought everything I needed right away.

i went to ikea, target, and big lots. i went down every isle and if it looked cool i threw it in the cart. think about what you use at home on a daily basis. and um how ever many laundry baskets you think you need, triple it.

Originally Posted by Anna /img/forum/go_quote.gif i went to ikea, target, and big lots. i went down every isle and if it looked cool i threw it in the cart. think about what you use at home on a daily basis. and um how ever many laundry baskets you think you need, triple it. I forgot about Big Lots. They have some good stuff there.

INSECT SPRAY.

First thing on the list. Imagine being caught without it at 10pm at night and a big fat cockroach comes out! EEK!!!

oh ew! insect spray!

fortunately, everything is furnished (bed, desk, closet, bathroom, kitchen). I'm "stole" some cheap pots and silverware from my mom, and I need some more bowls and dishes.

I'm just so excited. I've waited for this for a long time.
biggrin.gif

i would be excited too! I'm not at that point yet but I cant wait until I am. It must be super stressful but incredibly rewarding... having your very own space
smile.gif

How exciting! I'd say your basics like everyone else has mentioned , and don't forget first aid! Things like panadol (I think you guys call it tylenol?) band aids.. just in case, they're never there when you need them!

don't forget lightbulbs, AA batteries, & a flashlight! you never know when you might need those.

i've picked up a lot of stuff at target, they have the cutest decor! cleaning supplies & tp at the dollar store...but you have to watch cause some cleaners i've bought from there are diluted..like half water..and tend not to work as good.

the trip to the dollar store was great! I still need to go and get a swiffer, and TP and paper towels - but I might just try to get those at Costco (that way I won't have to get more for like a year
tongue.gif
).

Thank you ladies!

Latest posts

Back