Article: MMU Review : Purely Cosmetics’ Silk Powder

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

internetchick

Beauty Blogger
Reaction score
2756350469_77d9a9e841_o.jpg

For oily skinned people, it is just a struggle to keep the face shine free. Mineral makeup is heaven-sent as it does not clog the pores ( when skin is oily, the bigger the probability of pores getting clogged ), but it’s still a struggle to find the best product to control those oilies.

Three ingredients that are precious to the discriminating mineral makeup lover who suffers from oilies : kaolin clay, silica, and silk powder. I’ve tried the first two, and I just kept on ignoring my friend who kept on professing about silk powder because kaolin clay and silica can only bring me up to some extent for oil control, but not totally.

I was able to try Purely Cosmetics’ Silk Powder one Saturday afternoon when my skin was peeling so bad. I was loading my face with lots of moisture mist, but I still made sure that I had some oil control because of my face having greasy tendencies. Purely Cosmetics’ Silk Powder felt very very light and it felt like I was not wearing any finishing powder at all ( this is lighter than most finishing powders ) but the finish was faintly flawless -faintly in the sense that it gave out a sheer flawless finish to my overall look.

I loved the finish, it’s something that I would want to achieve every single day! As for the oil control, I would have to say that it is as powerful as kaolin clay and silica, as well. It just depends on the user what certain ingredient he/she would find affinity with. I know ALOT of girls who swear by silk powder,and I would definitely recommend Purely Cosmetics to them!

It’s the beauty of mineral makeup - you get to see the ingredients upfront and decide what’s good for you!

Source

Back