Warm the brush for MMU

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I heard of this and tried it and it did make a difference. If you heat the brush by holding it under the hairdryer for about 10 seconds or until it feels warm then dip the brush in the MMU and apply the foundation it goes on much smoother and seems to sink in to the pores.

Thanks for the tip! I wonder if it can possibly damage the brush, bristles, or glue over time.

That's a good question Ashley. Maybe if you keep it at least 6 inches away from the tip of the bristles, like I do with my lips when I use L2K lip products, it might not do any damage.

PS, I'm new here and it looks like a very nice place!

I've been warming my brushes for several months now and so far no damage to the brush. I just warm it for a few seconds with the dryer on warm and hold is some distance from the heat, as soon as the brush feels warm I use it. My favorite brush is a synthetic brush from EDM.

I'm gonna go try that right now! LoL thanx for the tip
wink.gif

I do it backwards. I apply my foundation normally, THEN warm the brush and buff my face. That way, you don't have to warm the brush as many times; one heat does the whole face and gives any glue that may have softened a chance to harden up again before I have to heat the brush. You still get the same effect, but there's less risk to harming the brush.

wonderful tip! i'm so glad i have yet to put on my makeup today so i can actually try that.
smile.gif

I just tried this today. It was good. I kinda like it better than using my Fix+. Thanks so much for this tip.

Back