We have the Ultimate List-- but what are YOUR companies that you order from? (Help!)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
As the title says -- we have the Ultimate List of Mineral Make-up companies from various parts of the world. I am wary about ordering from companies that I don't know anything about -- and am wary about ordering from companies that I haven't ever heard of anyone ordering from.

So, I need to know (please help me here!) what companies do YOU order from -- or have ever ordered from? What companies do you love, which do you absolutely avoid? I am ESPECIALLY interested in new or smaller-named companies.

Why do I want to know? So I can try new places! And also offer recommendations to other people rather than just a long, long list of companies I've never heard of. I'd love to start a review list of the most-populated companies and maybe turn it into a sticky, sooo...help!

Use a rating system if you want -- 1 to 5 stars. What I am specifically looking for are good companies that I can play with -- which means good quality and most of all -- a personal experience from YOU with the company (no matter if you've only ordered once or if you're a repeat customer!)

I'll post "my" companies:

Monave -- I love their foundation -- this is all I've ever ordered from this company.

The She Space -- Repeat customer of Heather's and probably always will be. Eyeshadows here. Between her former shop, Ebay, and her current shop -- well over 50 colors.

Aromaleigh -- Eyeshadows here! I like them.
smile.gif
Sonic Rocks eyeshadows.

Fyrinnae -- Rice Powder Primer and eyeshadows. One of my favorite companies.

Aubrey Nicole -- I got the foundation from someone here, and it's okay, no personal experience with the company though. The foundation is decent. I'm pretty meh about it though.

MAD Minerals -- Eyeshadow here again. Only ordered once, but I adore the colors.

Valerie Beauty -- I grabbed the Pin-Up girl collection -- eyeshadows and blush. I love them all. Wonderful, wonderful quality.

Everyday Minerals -- I like their foundation. I haven't ordered from the new site yet though, am wary about doing so.

Pure Luxe -- I got their glow-in-the-dark eyeshadow and some of the Flash Cubes. I adore this company and am going to grab the Kaleidoscope collection when I can.

Lumiere -- Eyeshadows. No issues with this company at all and I love the size and colors they offer. Their eyeshadows were huge (maybe still are? I haven't needed refills yet!)

Our Rock Minerals -- Ordered a LOT of samples from them, haven't gotten them yet and won't until I move back to AL in a week or so. Haven't yet tried anything from this company.

Silk Naturals -- Ordered samples from here as well, won't recieve them until I move back to AL as well -- never ordered anything else from them before.

i don't order at many places, the list will be short

Lily Lolo - i found my match, i love the foundation and other products i ordered, and i want to try their new lipstuff.

Fyrinnae - for the incredible eyeshadows they own, and i also want to try their new lipstuff, lol.

Ocean Cosmetics - i originally ordered foundation samples, i found no match, but i want one of their blushes.

Buff'd Cosmetics - I like that I get my orders so quick because she is in the same Provence as I am (BC) and I love her foundations and blushes (Chilled blush is beautiful!). Jennifer is lovely to deal with and includes 2 free samples with evey order. I'd give her 5 stars for customer service and product.

Original foundation - Great (full and creamy) coverage - found my match in one sample order. Free shipping on samples.

Yay!!! Those are what I'm looking for, things I haven't personally tried!!

Keep posting more, guys
smile.gif
Let's get details going here
smile.gif

I haven't ordered a lot.

Bare Minerals - Made me itch like crazy, had a bit of a sheen to the finish. I had foundation, mineral veil, and warmth

Everyday Minerals - Concealer(OK), Foundation(OK coverage, really nice finish), blush(none impressed me), finishing dust(OK), lip color(forget which one, it was disappointing)

Meow - Foundation(didn't like it. poor coverage and finish was very crappy), blush(nicely pigmented, would recommend)

These are my current favorites
luv.gif

Lumiere - I love the foundations, finishing powders, blushes, glows, eyshadows, lumi lips and brushes, that's about everything... and the CS is great! LOL

LaurEss - I love the foundations, eyeshadows and blushes. The CS is outstanding.

Silk Naturals - I love, love, love the lipglosses and demi glosses!

McDowell's - Beautiful eyshadows and great foundations but I'm still searching for my perfect match.

Coastal Scents - Great quality brushes and nice diy mmu ingredients.

TKB - I get a lot of mmu ingredients from there and the CS is great!

There are a lot of other nice brands out there but these are the ones I order from most frequently, I think...
rolleyes.gif

OK!

This will be a long post!

no- not good

yes- good

great- exalant

what that I didn't try I'm not mention.

I tried:

AN- foundations (no) finishing powder (yes) concealer (yes) blush (no)

Barefaced - foundations (yes)

Blusche- foundation (great) concealers (great) primer (great!) Fp (great)

buff'd foundations (yes)

classyminerals liquid foundations (great) concealers (great)

cmh I didn't like nothing because its light for me.. maybe I will try again.

coconut foundations (no)

elegantminerals all the products are great. foundations, FP, eyeshadows and blushes.

elenaminerals foundations ok and FP are ok.

everyday mnierals the products are good.

frynnae great brand. great products and the CS is teriffik.

jane Iardal great concealers.

joppaminerals like the foundations dey morning and simple radiance.

Lauress one of my favorit brands. love everything!!!

Lumiere also love this brand. everything!

Dremworld all I tried I love!! great colors and great CS!!!

Melang great foundation.

Meow very good products and the CS is great!

mineralboutiqe[b[/b] great brand.

mineralsilk the foundations was too light for me.

mineralglitter bad bad bad!!!

Monave I'm buying the producst from a very good reseller.

oceanmist I don't remmember about the foundations but the concealers are good.

pureluxe love everything in this brand.

signatureminerals love the black kabuki a lot!

silknaturals love everything in this brand!!!

suncut love the foundations and the CS Is great.

taylor good

Uglogirl great company!!!

I haven't tried too many - but here's my top few.

Lauress - everything is great, haven't had a bad experience and I've ordered several times. Blush & eyeshadows are very pigmented so a little goes a long way. Quick shipping, easy to order, great brushes!

Alima - very nice quality stuff. Amazingly fast shipping. Soft and subtle colors. Applies best with dense brushes. C/S is awesome. I e-mailed for a full face recomendation and they gave me several options for the look I was aiming for.

Everyday Minerals - pretty good. Quality is a little less than the other 2 but they are also less expensive. I haven't ordered since the new site since I found the other 2.

Lumiere - amazing creamy texture but couldn't find a foundation match.

I'd say these 4 made me go "WOW" when I sampled them.

BE Never could find a match all their foundations were too yellow also I think they are expensive.

EDM I used their foundations & blushes for a couple of years but their new site has defeated me so I'm trying other samples.

SIGNATURE MINERALS Foundation was light coverage but natural looking, not suitable if you have problem skin.

MEOW I heard so many raves about this company but it was dry and cakey on me and I could not find a match.

I'm waiting for samples from Lumiere

PUR MINERALS The worst MMU I've every tried, very dry and powdery looking on me.

SHEER COVER I bought a kit from ULTA and thought I would like to try a different shade but when I called the company they were very rude and said I could not order unless I had originally ordered from them and had signed up for their automatic delivery so they lost a customer.

Hi!

Thanks for your post. I want to sample some new MMU companies and you have given me some great ideas! I've only tried 3 brands and can't wait to start sampling.

Cindy

I received my samples from Lumiere today and I just love it, I've found a perfect match in Fairly Light Beige and it's wonderful coverage. Lumiere has a sample kit for $9 including postage for 4 foundations, 1 blush, 1 finishing powder plus you get a voucher for $5 off your first order. You have to look under specials because if you order samples individually it's $1.25 each and no voucher.

Good luck.

Everyday minerals - love their foundation and eyeshadows selection. great brushes too. great prices.

BareEssentials - bare minerals - made me break out more than usual. too "glowy" "shiny" for my taste.

Here's where I order from:

Sweetscents - The first mmu company I tried. Love their pigments, blushers and foundation.

Lily Lolo - HG foundation! Have some fab eye shadow colours.

Fyrinnae - Pigments! Some of the most unique colours ever. Had some terrific CS from them when a colour wasn't quite right in my order.

Mad Minerals - I really like their stuff, haven't tried the foundation yet but I've never been disappointed.

She Space - Not ordered recently but she's got some fab pigments.

The She Space--love her eyeshadows, but not impressed with her blushes. Samples are very small, but only .50. Did not like her Lip Gunk--too sticky and tastes stinks.

Meow-- love their blushes, not impressed with the staying power of their eyeshadows, did not like their foundation (too drying and couldn't find a match).

Dream World--HG foundation (love it) great blushes, adore their toppings, eyeshadows are pretty but a little too sparkly. Wish she'd make more satin/matte finishes. I've ordered tons of samples from her, but it seems like her samples are getting smaller and smaller every order. Lippies just OK. I think her best stuff are her toppings. They're fabulous and I have full sizes of almost all of them. Great customer service.

Lumiere: love their lippies, blushes, and eyeshadows

Pure Luxe--love her big samples and that they're in jars. I have almost everyone of her blushes and eyeshadows and they seem to be the ones I go to the most. Her foundation is pretty good. I'd never be without her Translucent Matte, April's Mix, or Powder Eraser. Love them! I don't like her creme eraser, however.

Silk Naturals-- love her Date Bate, Perfecting Powder, blushes, Illuminators, and lippies. I haven't tried her foundation, because I don't want to mix, but have loved everything else I've ordered from her. Love her brushes. She doesn't have that many, but the one's I've ordered I like.

Fyrinnae--like their Rice Powder Primer for dry skin, shadows very sparkly, but pretty. Did not like their blush--no staying power on me. Couldn't find a color match in their foundation. Great customer service.

Joppa--liked their eyeshadows, but all the blushes turned brown/orange on me.

Everyday Minerals-just OK. Didn't like any of their foundations and I bet I tried most of them--couldn't find a match. Eyeshadows OK. Blushes VERY pigmented. Like their brushes.

Lauress--love her blushes, eyeshadows, color correctors and finishing powders

Bare Escentuals: Yuck! (although a few of their eyeshadows were pretty). Do not like their brushes.

J Lynne--worst company I've ever dealt with. The new sized samples are a waste of time. Not even enough to do both eyes. Smaller than The She Space and costs three times as much. Spent over $60.00+ dollars on junk that didn't even last me a week total. Lippies aren't too bad, but won't waste my money again. Customer Service sucks! I understand she used to give decent sized samples.

I've sampled quite a few, and only bought/intend to buy full sizes of a few things.

Erth Minerals Erth Mineral Makeup | Mineral Cosmetics by Erth - got their starter sampler. Didn't care for it at all - very limited foundation colors, and a very dry, powdery finish. Eye shadows all really subtle, muted colors. Their finishing powder brush is excellent, though!

Mineral Silk Mineral Makeup | Bare Minerals | Mineral Silk - got a starter sampler, concealer sampler, and a shadow sample from them. Liked the "eraser" concealer, Diamond Dust finisher, and Cashmere foundation, and ordered full sizes. Eye colors are subtle and plain.

Signature Signature Mineral Makeup - sampled eye colors, foundation, and finishers. LOVE the eye colors, especially the liner shades and metallics. Foundation & finisher were nice, but I liked the Mineral Silk better. Their double-ended eye brush is exellent.

Fairyannas Fairyannas Online Shop - got an all-over-color sampler (eye shadows, basically). I asked for warm shades, and recieved about 10 samples, all in shades of brown or skintone! I found 2 that I like - Centaur & Unicorn - but the rest were pretty unusable for me as far as eye shadows go. I ended up mixing them all together to make "foundation" for my girls to use, that's how skin-toned they were! Ordered a Kabuki - it was sheddy & scratchy
frown.gif

Everyday Minerals - I sampled foundations, concealer, and finishers. I found a match, the finish looked nice, and the concealer was good. Just didn't like them more than Mineral Silk. Their synthetic flat-top foundation brush is TO DIE FOR.

Cory Welcome to Cory Cosmetics - EXCELLENT stuff. Foundation covers amazingly, with VERY little product. The foundations run a little light in hue, though, so keep that in mind while sampling. Eye shadows are excellent as well, both in color selection and stayability. I don't care for the finishing powder I tried, though. I own full sizes of foundation and 5 eye colors.

The She Space Mineral Makeup, cosmetic pigments, home of About Face Cosmetics - wonderful eye shadow colors! If I ever use up one of the samples I got, I'll likely order full-sizes. Not because they have such great stayability or anything (they crease like crazy unless you prime with something good), but because the colors are so fun, and they're so affordable!

Meow Mineral Makeup by Meow Cosmetics No Bismuth No Parabens - I tried their primer, foundation, finisher, bronzer, and some shadows. I didn't like the finish of the face stuff, and the bronzer was one of the better shades I've tried (most are too orange). The eye shadows are about on-par with TSS - stayability is questionable, but the colors are groovy
biggrin.gif
I own Neurotic in full-size.

Joppa www.joppaminerals.com - I sampled these during their $.01 sample sale, and was skeptical because the site was so plain and their color selection was limited. Boy was I wrong! Their Simple Radiance finisher is PERFECTION, the Back from the Beach bronzer is the perfect "I'm not wearing makeup" shade, and their eye shadows do not crease, even without primer. I'll be getting full sizes of those soon.

I have samples coming from Archetype cosmetics, Fyrinnae, and Dreamworld Minerals, and I've got my sample order from Our Rock Minerals, but have yet to play with any of it.

Wow compared to most of you guys here I've only tried one:

Everyday Minerals

*foundation: the only formula I liked was their intensive formula. The matte formulas itched my face insanely especially when I got hot. I've found that the intensive formula stayed really well on my face even though I have oily skin. Plus it looked more natural on me than the matte formulas which powdery even when I buffed in light layers.

*blush: I love their blushes, they're very pigmented and last all day on me. I actually prefer these to any other blushes out there. Lots of blushes clogged my pores but these didn't.

*concealer: they just plain sucked to me. Even when I applied them wet it just looked gray and would wear off before lunch.

*eyeshadows: I thought these sucked as well. They didn't even last half the day even the colors were so gorgeous. I haven't tried them with udpp or wet yet so that might make all the difference.

*brushes: the absolutely love their flat top brush. It's the best ever imo. Their round kabuki is also really good and I personally love their blush brush as well.

Well, that's all I know about them that I've tried. Hth
smile.gif

its a great thread!

I like to read what do you like and what you don't.

I've sampling a lot, and I want to sample more!

what's is next????

I've made a shopping list from all these companies so far...and wow.

It's long. It's very, very long. I'm debating whether or not to post reviews in this thread as I sample and receive products and such -- some companies I'll be trying foundation from, others blushes and bronzers, others eyeshadows, brushes, silks, different things depending on what I've heard about from each company.

Originally Posted by PaperFlowers /img/forum/go_quote.gif I've made a shopping list from all these companies so far...and wow.
It's long. It's very, very long. I'm debating whether or not to post reviews in this thread as I sample and receive products and such -- some companies I'll be trying foundation from, others blushes and bronzers, others eyeshadows, brushes, silks, different things depending on what I've heard about from each company.

I'm glad I'm not the only one. HA! After reading this thread last weekend I actually made an excel spreadsheet of all the samples and companies I've ordered and my comments about it. My boyfriend thought I lost my mind cuz I had everything poured out on the floor and organized by company. But I figure this way, I won't reorder things I've already tried.
crazy.gif

Back