I'm disappointed.....

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm relatively new to MMU so I don't know if this is a valid complaint, but I ordered a heap of samples from Meow during their sale and their samples are tiny. There is barely enough sample for 2 applications and the samples were $1 each. When I first started I wanted to try heaps of companies to find my HG but now I am kinda disappointed. I would love to try Dreamworld and Lauress but am not sure buying samples is worth the effort. Should I just buy a couple of full size versions and hope? I like EDM but I can't get a colour match and meow has a great colour range but I can't really tell if the colour suits me after 1 application. BTW I am an NC 40-42 or a Body shop 7 with asian skin tones.

I am not surprised - I ordered from Meow about a year ago and wasn't impressed. I didn't think the samples were much either and the staying power on the e/s wasn't good at all. I also got a brush from them that bled black dye constantly (I washed it a couple times to see if it would quit - it didn't) and their c/s was just plain not nice when I contacted them about the issue. They told me that their products aren't returnable even though I was completely not satisfied with the product at all. I had to bicker with them quite a bit, but I finally got them to do an exchange for another product for the unusable brush, but it was very grudgingly that they agreed to this.

You almost have to order samples if you're going to get anything - since companies' shades run so differently. I thought Lumiere's samples were okay for the price - I haven't ordered from Lauress so I am not sure about them - and I don't know what Dream World gives for samples either. I have always found EM and Signature Minerals samples to be generous and you only have to pay shipping for those.

If you want to keep trying with Meow, the best thing to do for the correct shade is to post a color help photo on their forum and there is a gal there (Jen) who will help you. She needs a no makeup photo in direct sunlight.

I've ordered samples twice from Dreamworld. Foundation samples are very generous, definitely more than one or two applications. Foundation samples are only $1.50. Eyeshadow samples are $1.00 and generous also.

I've just ordered samples of the new rice powder foundation. I hope these samples are just as generous. All samples come in baggies. I don't mind baggies if it saves some money. I have alot of jars to put them in.

As for Lauress, I've ordered samples twice from them also. They are more expensive than Dreamworld (possibly $2.00 or $2.50?). I don't recall the exact amount. Definitely not as much product as Dreamworld but sufficient enough to tell if you've found a match and like the product.

These samples come in the foundation jars.

Hope this helps.

Karen

you don't need to be disapointed.

there are a lot of brands that offer a very kind amount of procuts.

what do you looking from your foundation?

what type of skin do you have? during we will recommend on something that will suit for. you

Samples are hit and miss with companies some are great and some not.

I believe Cory has samples for .35 cents, I have never ordered so I cant say what size they are.

Elegant minerals offers 3gm jar samples in 4 shade packs for 1 cent. I have some of there blushers and eye shadows (a few of my favorite colors that I use a lot are theirs) and small foundation jars. I find the foundation is fairly heavy, I generally don’t use it but that is more due to finding a match for my skin. They have a nice range of foundation samples.

Silk Naturals is my favorite mineral makeup company. Her sample foundation lasted me for almost 2 months. Her blush samples are in 5g jars and have enough product to last for months, I have a lot of blush samples and don’t think I’ll order full sizes because it will take me forever to use up the samples. She doesn’t generally offer eye shadow samples, she had a sale last week but I believe it ended yesterday. Her foundations are sold so you customer mix your own color so you should always be able to find your perfect match.

Don’t give up it will be worth it in the end.

It really is worth it to sample from different companies. Some can be disappointing with the minute amounts given but usually on the website they will list the amounts included with each sample.

Samples are usually loss leaders for MMU companies. The whole point of samples is to test the product and see if you like the texture, coverage, and shade for your skin. They're not meant to be enough that you'd not need to buy the full size for a long time (or even just keep buying samples and never a full size). It doesn't usually take more than a couple of applications for one to know whether it's going to work for you or not.

Originally Posted by Scooter /img/forum/go_quote.gif Samples are usually loss leaders for MMU companies. The whole point of samples is to test the product and see if you like the texture, coverage, and shade for your skin. They're not meant to be enough that you'd not need to buy the full size for a long time (or even just keep buying samples and never a full size). It doesn't usually take more than a couple of applications for one to know whether it's going to work for you or not. Scooter, I don't expect a sample that will last me month but I do expect a sample that will last a few days to test it out. When I first tried EDM I thought I matched a few of their colours but on repeat application realised the colours were all wrong.

Originally Posted by simisimi100 /img/forum/go_quote.gif you don't need to be disapointed. there are a lot of brands that offer a very kind amount of procuts.

what do you looking from your foundation?

what type of skin do you have? during we will recommend on something that will suit for. you

Hi Sim,
I am a mac 40-44 or a Body shop 7. I have a an asian skin tone but have found that the yellow based foundations are a biut too yellow. The closest match I can find is lumiere's medium warm. But have heard good things about lauress, dreamworld and meow as well. I'm open to suggestions but I am just going off what I ahve read in the forums. My skin is a dry to combination.

Latest posts

Back