Cheek Stains! Your faves and tips :)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hiya!
flowers.gif

I've been looking at a lot of cheek stains lately, I've never used them before though! Right now I have my eye on Tarte Dollface and BeneFit Posietint.

So cheek stain lovers and experts, which are your faves/fails, and any tips on application?

Thanks everyone, Poppy
smile.gif

I don't have Posietint but I did try it and it's very nice. The drawback is the price. It's ridiculous! I have one stain that I got from The Body Shop, which of course, wasn't dirt cheap but still over 50% cheaper. It's red though, not pink. I''d say it's similar to Stila's Cherry Crush but without the smell. Plus you get more of it for, again, probably about 50% cheaper. To clarify, the one I have costs £9.

As for application, I'd say a little at a time and don't leave it to sit, blend it quickly! It dries so fast and you don't want to end up with a clown face!

My favorite is not really a stain, i think but a gel by Tarte. Its in a stick form and it'll last all day. I know many don't like it because it feels sticky at first but it dries and its the only thing that looks really natural on my oily skin.

i love benetint, and mixing it with this gold shimmer that comes in a similar container....i dont rememberwhat it's called, but it gives a little golden sparkle.

I've never tried a stain before.... But they sound great... Have to add them to my list....

i love how benefits poisetint looks but its really runny and kinda hard to put on.

i have a tarte cheek stain and i perfer that. its easier to put on and you dont have to fear of spilling something and having it stain everything.

I've never used one either but they sound fascinating..how do they wash off? Is it bad for your skin?

I only have one. Stila color push up in nude flash(though I am not sure if this is an actual stain). I don't like it. The name is misleading. It isn't remotely a nude color. It's a dark brownish red, which looks muddy on me. It doesn't apply very smoothly. It grips my skin too much.

I second the Benetint by BeachBarbie. Though its pricey... i still love it to death. I make sure that I have a brush handy so I can blend it really quickly.. otherwise i have a strip of red that looks silly. I usually apply it right where the blush is supposed to be.. so i guess the applesof your cheeks then I sweep upwards with a foundation brush.. I also use benefit's foundation brush for that. & mixing it with the gold stuff sounds so pretty! I'll be on the look out for that, cause I definately wanna try that.
smile.gif

ohh.. and benetint smells like roses too! Its really nice for a naturally flushed look. The good thing about is that you can layer it to your preference of "flushed" you want to look. .. but i suppose that's the same with anything blush or tint.

I have been using Studio Gear, it's a gel blush in cranberry and it's the best I have found.

I have one from body shop, I often prefer cheek stains because its convenient and fast to apply. I got to apply it everyday or else someone will ask if I'm sick or something.

<-too pale without a cheek stain! :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Do you guys apply cheek stains before or after foundation? In my mind, it would probably only "stick" to your skin if you apply it to bare skin... Am I right?

I am guessing that if you apply it on top of foundation, once the foundation melts away, the tint probably goes away with it...??

I've never tried a stain, but I've been curious about Benetint for years. I've heard the color is supposed to be flattering on many, but to me the color looks a lot stronger than what I'm used to wearing. I'm quite boring when it comes to blush though...there are only a few blushes I use often. I can't help being curious about it though since I know many many people love it.

Back