Best Inexpensive, Natural Mineral Lip Products?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am looking for the best inexpensive, all natural mineral lip products, with decent color pay-off, a nice selection of light peachy-pink colors and YLBB tones that last at least somewhat well.

I prefer products that are free of synthetic chemicals and free from flavorings and scents, unless it's something like natural vanilla.

Too much to ask from mineral lip products? Any recommendations?

A lot of the Silk Naturals ones are organic oils and pigments only. Not all, but as a rule the ingredients are listed in the information tab. If not, ask in the forum (it's attached to the site) to make sure.

And the lippies are great!

I'm really interested about mineral lippies, because I am allergic to traditional lip products. Are there mineral lippies that are matte and dark? I'm veering away from the glosses. Help!

Originally Posted by Gavriela /img/forum/go_quote.gif A lot of the Silk Naturals ones are organic oils and pigments only. Not all, but as a rule the ingredients are listed in the information tab. If not, ask in the forum (it's attached to the site) to make sure.
And the lippies are great!

I was looking at Silk Naturals earlier and thought I might try a few. I wondered if the photos were very accurate. I never even noticed a forum. Thanks for mentioning it, I'll have to check it out.
I also was looking at Monave. I like that they have sample sizes that are $3.50 or less. Has anyone here tried them? Any reviews?

smile.gif

Originally Posted by newyorlatin /img/forum/go_quote.gif How about EDM's? I haven't tried their new formula yet. I'm sure I will next time I place an order from them since I love their MMU. They are always coming out with new colors, but at this time I'm not sure they have an ideal lip color for me, which is why I'm looking at other options.

Ashley, have you tried the 100% Pure lip glosses? I love the ingredients, but I'm not sure about the colors. IIRC they were kind of pricey. I prefer to at least be able to buy a smaller sample type size so I'm not wasting too much money if I don't like them. I'd love to know what you think about that brand though.
smile.gif

Shop Eyes Lips Face

E.L.F.'s mineral lipstick is supposedly pretty good, and it's only 5 bucks! The only problem I've heard is it doesn't have long staying power. There are reviews on the site too, it's really helpful.

I use Alba Botanica's Terra Gloss - it's got decent color and is all-natural (vanilla scent/flavor). It's a sticky gloss, though, so that may or may not be a problem.

I've got a couple Fyrinnae lippies on their way to me right now - I'll let you know what I think once they're here
biggrin.gif

I know this isn't exactly what you're looking for but maybe you could try mixing some vaseline with a mineral blush you like to create a lip color. Or try dipping your chapstick in some mineral blush as well. I've heard that doing this is just as good if not better than purchasing the edm lippies.

The only ones I've tried are EDM and Silk Naturals and I threw away all of them. The Silk Naturals were nothing like the color shown and the EDM ones were just hopeless. I've ordered one from Lumiere to see how it compares to the color shown on the website.

I have several of Aromaleigh's lip products and I'm enjoying them. They feel great on the lips and don't dry me out as many others tend to do. I have full sized lipsticks in Gala and Fling, a gloss in Enthrall, and a tint in Melancholia. I expect to pick up Nuance sometime soon as well.

Originally Posted by AliciaT /img/forum/go_quote.gif The only ones I've tried are EDM and Silk Naturals and I threw away all of them. The Silk Naturals were nothing like the color shown and the EDM ones were just hopeless. don't they both have money back guarantees? i definitely would have taken advantage of that.

Originally Posted by breezyboo:) /img/forum/go_quote.gif Shop Eyes Lips Face
E.L.F.'s mineral lipstick is supposedly pretty good, and it's only 5 bucks! The only problem I've heard is it doesn't have long staying power. There are reviews on the site too, it's really helpful.

When I first read this post back in August, I dismissed ELF because when I looked at their glosses before, they had synthetic chemicals in them that I like to avoid.
I recently took another look, and their mineral lipsticks are all natural (big surprise to me) and got rave reviews. (And at $5 each they could be quite a bargain.)

The problem is, most reviewers note that the photographs are waaaay off, so you have no idea what color you'll actually be getting. I have been searching the web for accurate photos, but haven't turned up much.

Does anyone have any photos wearing or swatching the ELF Mineral Lipsticks? I am looking for light, neutral to warm pinks and peachy-pinks with enough coverage to cover my naturally pigmented lips.

TIA!
smile.gif

I've been using Cherry Crush natural lipsticks for a while and they are amazing. Plus, excellent color pay off, very moisturizing, lasting and most importantly they are affordable, I believe around 7-8 dollars with free shipping (Cherry Crush Cosmetics).

Originally Posted by mk12 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Does anyone have any photos wearing or swatching the ELF Mineral Lipsticks? I am looking for light, neutral to warm pinks and peachy-pinks with enough coverage to cover my naturally pigmented lips.
TIA!
smile.gif

I don't have any E.L.F. Mineral Lipstick swatches of my own, but here's a link to a review with complete swatches of the mineral lipsticks:
http://makeupfu.byethost8.com/2009/0...eral-lipstick/

A brand called "Yes to Carrots!" has some really cute lip butters, lip tints and lip glosses (with shimmer) that are organic. Since you live in the US, Walgreens and CVS both carried them last I knew.

All of their lip products probably have a natural smell since they're made with natural oils and extracts to benefit your lips.

*NEW* Lip Glosses

F0_0200_0000_YTC_GLOSS_MULT_02.jpg

Lip glosses are 95% organic and contain a little shimmer.

*NEW* Lip Tints

F0_0200_0000_YTC_TINT_MULT_06white.jpg

The lip tints are also 95% organic.

Lip Butters

F0_0200_0000_lips.jpg

Lip Butters are 100% organic.

I haven't tried these lip products, though I'd recommend them since I do use the "Yes to Tomatoes!" Volumizing Conditioner and it's been a super great product
smile.gif

If you want something pigmented and longlasting, I still think that Monave are the best. The mini lipsticks are great little samples and the pot glosses are equally good (the glazes are more sheer).

I've tried Fyrinnae, SN, EDM and Priia, but the Monave win every time.

The only problem with ELF is that they do not mention on their homepage that the lipsticks also contain mineral oil derivatives (3). Colors are sheer and do not stay on the lips for long.

Back