Get Gorgeous Tea - good for your skin

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
p40850B.jpg

"The Republic of Tea hopes you'll drink your way to a clearer complexion. Its Get Gorgeous tea ($10) has been out for a while now, promising to clarify skin with its blend of organic red tea and herbs.

It's a rooibos tea from Africa, and I'm a fan of this stuff in general. It's smooth and has a vaguely nutty flavor. The blend also has chamomile (said to soothe skin) and the chaste berry, which is meant to balance hormones so you break out less often during that time of the month."

The blogger tried the tea for a few weeks but didn't really see any results.

from BellaSugar

Ingredients:

Ingredients: Rooibos (leaf), Orange (peel), Hibiscus (flower), Chamomile (flower), Red Clover (flower) Chaste Berry (fruit), Burdock (root), Natural Pomegranate Flavor.

Price $10

at The REPUBLIC of TEA - Exquisite Green Tea, Red Tea, White Tea, Black Tea, Oolong Tea and More.

Would you try it? Or stick to your regular favorite tea?

oh nice.. too bad i'm not a fan of tea. i wouldn't try it unless i knew for sure that it gave good results.

I'm always cynical about these kinds of products promising better skin.

I'll stick to my Chai tea thanks

I don't really see how it would affect the skin unless you were bathing your face in it.

I love all types of tea though, so I would try it just because I like tea. I wonder if all rooibos tea works the same, or whether it is that one specifically? I quite like red tea blends... We have australian rooibos tea I think!

Well, rooibos is interesting on the caffeine part, it doesn't contain much so it's ideal for the night. But i didn't really like the blends i tried in the past, so i'm not sure i would try this one.

I'm also skeptic about the promise of a good skin.

I don't think I'd use it just for the reason that i don't really drink tea with any special recipe now for beauty/health results. I'm too big of a fan of regular sweet tea lol.

it might help slightly but I doubt it would have any noticeable effect... I always see good results with just drinking plenty of water.

Some of those ingredients are incredibly good for your skin, though it all depends on what percentages of the herbs they have used. There are certain herbal teas out there that CAN make a difference, they just need to be made up correctly.

I'd try it. I drink black tea with honey & soy.. so I'd totally be down to try this.
smile.gif

I think it's great! Drinking four or more cups of tea every day could be more beneficial than drinking water. They say that tea not only rehydrates you as well as water does, but it can also offer protection against heart disease and cancer. It is commonly thought that drinking tea leads to loss of fluid and may lead to dehydration. And according to studies, teas are really great for skin problems and helping your skin to be healthy.

Ha I love this tea! I used to drink it all the time. I think the concentrations and the potency is off though. I go to an herbalist who mixes dry herbs that are similiar to the ones in this tea and I think because of the quality and potency, the herbalist one is better. It doesn't taste as good but I see results in my skin for sure.

I drink a mixture of chamomile+rose buds+dried artichoke flower+ honey every other day. It does improve the skin a lot as it cleans my body. Visibly less break out too.

Yes, artichoke helps detoxifying your liver so it's actually good to have it included in your food in some form or another. My doctor says that's why celebrities have good looking skin, because they detoxify a few times a year their liver.

There is probably some science behind the formulation... so it may work for some people, but I also don't really believe drinking one tea is going to make a miracle.

I agree, if you don't drink a diuretic beverage aside, at some point you gain back the waterweight you lost with tea.

Back