Anyone here use Netflix?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Anyone here use Netflix for DVDs? I'm considering it, but haven't pulled the trigger yet.

They have a good deal now on instant downloads if you have a fast connection to the web. We have 20MB download/second wired Ethernet connection...so we're good. The only thing is that you cannot download high def (Blue-ray) movies yet.

They have also teamed up with Xbox Live too for instant downloads.

Let me know what you think or if you subscribe

I did, but I canceled after a while because I never watched anything! I think it's definitely worth it if you know you'll watch 3-4 movies a month.

We did use it, but rarely had the chance to watch the movies, so I quit subscribing. We had the deal where you could get 3 movies at a time, which was $9.99 then.

I just signed up for it again because there is absolutely nothing on television. I get 2 DVDs at a time but since I use a Mac I can't watched movies instantly. Netflix only works if you actually watch the movies. I remember the first time I signed up, I held a movie for 3 month and never watched it. That was such a waste of money.

I just canceled mine but im pretty sure i will subscribe again during winter time. I think its great and i especially love the browse instantly feature. Im just not watching the dvds right now because i spend more time out.

Here's a solution to your mac issue
smile.gif

(and if you have wired high speed web access)

I'm just so tired of crappy HBO/Showtime

Originally Posted by RachaelMarie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just signed up for it again because there is absolutely nothing on television. I get 2 DVDs at a time but since I use a Mac I can't watched movies instantly. Netflix only works if you actually watch the movies. I remember the first time I signed up, I held a movie for 3 month and never watched it. That was such a waste of money.

i had it for about 3 years but quit recently as we weren't watching enough. which plan were you doing?

i had the 4 month

My family has the 4 at a time plan so that everyone can have a movie at once, but I barely watch the ones I choose. I mostly use Netflix to watch movies/tv shows online while I'm at work.

i love netflix. i got the unlimited one at a time plan. i always get at least 8 movies a month and watch a bunch of the instant ones (mostly tv shows, workout videos, or do***entaries). so the movies come out to be less than a dollar each. definitely worth it!

I had netflix for a couple of months but I decided to cancel since I'm rarely home now to watch a movie. I mainly subscribed because they have the watching online feature. I kept the one dvd they sent me for 3 months and I didn't even watch it...lol. It's great for catching up on tv episodes online. I remember watching 3 seasons of "The Office" and the seasons of "Heroes" when I was jobless...lol, now I'm working more often now I don't have the time. I might re-subscribe again when I have more free time
smile.gif

I have it and LOVE it! And a double whammy cuz there's a mailbox across the street from my house
biggrin.gif

And usually it only takes 2 days after you put ur DVDs in the mailbox to receive the next movies on ur list.

It's so handy, esp. now that I'm bored at home waiting for the fall semester to begin already
tongue.gif

We have had Netflix for over a year and we really enjoy it! I like the fact I can rent do***entaries as well!

I love netflix. I think its cheaper than hollywood videos/block buster and their huge selections is what I love. I went into hollywood video the other day and was annoyed they only keep newer selections...

I canceled mines early this year because I wasn't watching them.

But you can rent tv series and games... they're awesome.

i really want to sign up but i don't have much time to watch movies, but my brother says it's worth it because of huge selection that you can choose from....

My boyfriend's dad is way up in the company so now that we have a mailbox to fit the movies, of course we're going to sign up.

That being said, I can ask him any questions you have. LOL

i have several friends who use the program and they love it.

im conseridering getting that and getting rid of cable.

but then i have to give up the history channel, and comedy central, and anderson cooper.

i know people that have it and they just copy the ones they get and then send them back right away (my old boss)

Latest posts

Back