Plz rec MMU Foundation 4 mature, dry skin

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi, I am new to your wonderful forum and am in need of your expertise.
biggrin.gif
I have tried a few drug store brands of MMU plus on-line ELF, & EDM. I am still looking for my HG. I just ordered some MMU from Alima but haven't received it yet. I am 54, have normal-dry skin with some very noticeable lines (ugh). I know MMU is not going to hide my lines per se but I want something that will at least not make them look worse. I would like more than just a light coverage as well so it will even out my skin tone more.

I know a good moisturizer is very important with MMU. I have used Olay 7 for mature skin & have tried various other moisturizers but the Olay seems to work the best for me, so far. I use a more intensive brand/type at night.

Thanks so much!

Hi and welcome to the forum.

A women on the Silk Naturals forum just posted yesterday that she mixed her foundation base with the SN silk powder to use as foundation. She says it is lighter coverage but very nice on the skin. I us SN foundation and find that it generally doesn’t amplify wrinkles like some foundations.

Hi I would recommend Lumiere Cosmetics. I am 40 and I use Lumiere's Cashmere Formula can also FF formula but the trick is, believe me, I've tried a zillion different companies, is using the foundation "wet" there are different methods used here, but I will tell you mine.

This is the only way my fine lines don't appear so noticeable the "dry" powder no matter what formula brings them out.

I squirt (emu oil) I buy mine from Lure beauty, into a bowl, and sprinkle foundation into the bowl and make it into a creamy consistancy, and then apply with a flat top brush. HTH
smile.gif

Uglogirl absolutlly great for dry skin. its like cream on the face espacaly with wet method.

sorry about the spelling mistakes.

and I will recommended on Lauress that have the quality and the best foundation.

and I like SN too.

ok!

I have a lot of HGS !!! lol

Well, I ordered 4 samples of Alima foundation & just tried it today (fast service!) and, so far, I really, really like it. It is very creamy, better coverage than anything I have tried thus far it seems, hides my pores, and doesn't seem to accentuate my lines, yet anyway. I have too light of a shade on that I tried but will try one of the others tomorrow. I really like their E/S too - even the shimmer ones do not accentuate the lines on my eyelids like other E/S I have tried.

I have an order for samples of Uglogirl on its way too so will try those out as soon as I receive them.

Thanks for the suggestions. I will be trying more brands too I am sure.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by MMUgurl /img/forum/go_quote.gif Well, I ordered 4 samples of Alima foundation & just tried it today (fast service!) and, so far, I really, really like it. It is very creamy, better coverage than anything I have tried thus far it seems, hides my pores, and doesn't seem to accentuate my lines, yet anyway. I have too light of a shade on that I tried but will try one of the others tomorrow. I really like their E/S too - even the shimmer ones do not accentuate the lines on my eyelids like other E/S I have tried.
I have an order for samples of Uglogirl on its way too so will try those out as soon as I receive them.

Thanks for the suggestions. I will be trying more brands too I am sure.
smile.gif

what the finish of Alima's foundations?

I use a jojoba cream as a moisutrizer that i love from the health food store. Also for minerals not to much, have a easy hand. I play around with mine and love it and 49 (50 next month)

Thanks Debbie for the suggestion of jojoba cream. I will have to check that out at our health food store. May I ask if you have a favorite MMU foundation?

Do you request that Vitamin E be added & then pay for a special mix or ?
smile.gif
I took a quick look & wasn't sure. Wow, nice selections! Thank you.

I like SN foundation too.. in the original formulation.. it makes me look better than natural...doesn't hide my age spots or anything but adds a lovely lumunious quality to my skin. Karen now has medium and heavy coverage... so if you're looking for more coverage you may wanna try those formulations... and as someone else mentioned add silk powder if you need more moisture.

I'm in my late 40s and last year my skin became crazily dry. I tried a bunch of different MMU foundations and had the best luck with Meow's Pampurred Puss and Joppa's Simple Radiance (though I couldn't get a color match last year; they've since added new shades).

I did not have good luck with wet applications--it would always dry too powdery on me. I use Origins Skin Guardian as a primer, apply sunscreen or moisturizer depending on the season, and then I apply my dry foundation using a flat top brush (EDM), starting at the outer cheekbones and working down. I do not use a finishing powder and I do not buff--I think that's true for most of us with "mature" skin. Buffing seems to emphasize both pores and lines, and finishing powder is drying and powdery. Finishing powder is for the young girls with oily skin. I'm sure there will be some who disagree with me--YMMV.

For mature skin Meow's FF. With Bare F Minerals you don't have to request vitamin E be added but can request that it not be added.

Originally Posted by simisimi100 /img/forum/go_quote.gif what the finish of Alima's foundations? Alima's finish is a soft matte. They also sell a glow illuminizer if you want a more dewy finish.
smile.gif

Latest posts

Back