What straightener products do U use w/ a straightener?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Now that my hair is getting really long and healthy again I decided to get another sedu .. I'm not sure what products I want to use

I will only buy hair salon products so I'm hoping maybe u ladies can tell me what u use!?

Let's see... I've been using Tigi's after-party to smooth out my hair... it works great.

I put phytodefrisant (get it at Sephora) on my hair before blowdrying it... it's a relaxer. That really works well too. I don't really use them together but you probably could.

I like Got2b products. I use Got2b Crazy Sleek hot smooth iron and blow dry lotion.

It is a nice smelling (like a cream sickle) lotion that is in an orange triangular shaped bottle with a pink pump.

I use Biolage's smoothing serum to get rid of any frizz in my hair before I blowdry. You apply it to slightly damp hair, it smells and works great!

I use Matrix's Sleek.Look iron smoother before straightening and TRESsemme's no frizz shine serum. when my hair is still damp.

i use the following:

avdea BrilliantTM Damage ControlTM to prevent heat damage.

avdea Hang StraightTM Straightening Lotion

aveda Smooth InfusionTM Style-Prep SmootherTM to control the humidity that is in wa.

then i finally finish it all with paul mitchell glass drops to get rid of the frizzies.

I use Pureology SuperStraight relaxing hair serum.. then blow dry.. then straighten.. then i use got2b dazzling shine spray for frizz control

Originally Posted by GlossyAbby /img/forum/go_quote.gif I love Pureology straightening serum I do too. It is great. I <3 Pureology in general

Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Serum! It's wonderful, and smells really good, too.

I dont use any salon products, my moms best friends is a hairstylist and she always tells me that the stuff they use in salons are the same you can buy in shops, depending on your hair type they will work the same. Even the hairdyes are the same, only they use their own formula's to get more shades than we can buy...

but back on topic

I always use a heat protecting volume mouse and a lotion for ICE fantasia, its in a red bottle that is huge, you only have to use a little and it goes for a really long time

And it smells really nice, a bit like froot/fernandez

I use Crede ID Care Heat Silk Lotion for few years. My hair stylist recommended me this product. I happen to use Sedu straightener too.

Crede ID Care Heat Silk Lotion is hard to find. I guess you can buy it online. But you only need a little and it goes for a long time.

Back